Deleted

Garrison setup for a "new" player in 6.2

Hi all,

Me and my girlfriend have started new chars on a new server just a few weeks before 6.2 and we are now very close to level 100. I was playing quite hardcore on the start of WoD (on another server), but now everything seems changed quite a bit and I am not sure if I get the ideal setup right. Please note that I have no other high level char on that realm.

Small: (I have LW + Skinning as profs) - I think I will stick with LW + Salvage + Storehouse, just because we sometimes have like 1 week pauses and the storehouse helps. I don't think I need anything here too much

Medium: LM/TP/Barn - Not sure on this one. We have farmed pretty nice amount of GR so far - 5000 (playing slowly), but this is before building garrison level 3. I think that in light of coming expenses on upgrading the garrison, I would like to stick with LM/TP combo for some time and keep buying leathers (no time to skin 55 leather a day)

Large: still Barracks/War Mill = best? I am overall not sure of the importance of followers in 6.2, since the important rewards seem to be shifted to shipyard, but these two still look the best. I have stables on alts to farm the mounts and Mage tower suddenly become less important with todays hotfix to ship missions.

Overall, my question is - how important is to care about followers and their equipment in 6.2? This influences a lot of things - whether to focus on generating GRs to feed the warmill etc.

Thanks for all constructive feedback on this.

P.S. So far I like the new patch and I plan to enjoy it as much as possible. And I would really like to hear some feedback on my questions. So if you just want to spread some more negativism which seems to be everywhere on these forums these days, please ignore this thread and continue your journey through MMO-C forums anywhere else.

War Mill is less useful than ever - you can now buy iLevel 645 upgrades from a vendor in your town hall for gold. Salvage Yard drops should easily be able to do the rest.

I still find the Spirit Lodge/Tower to be best simole for the passive Apxis gain, (particularly with that 150k mount), particularly with Baleful items upgradeable to Normal Raid iLevels (and they can roll perfect stats).

For garrison resources you want Lunarfall inn and 4-5 scavenger followers.if you're swimming in cash you can build lvl2 inn>get follower>rebuild LM every week, but I don't find it necessary with optimized scavenger team.
    Here's very good optimization guide, notice that dream team is extremely easy to get now because trait books from missions allow you to replace targeted trait.

Deleted
    Dont build War mill, you can buy follower upgrades for gold, and salvage will also provide you with some. Instead, build Spirit Lodge/Tower you will gain a lot of Apexis for a bit of grind. Wich means "free" Seals and 695 Gear.

Deleted
    Thanks for the info - regarding the scavengers, I agree - but how about the treasure hunters, are they still worth it now? Also, with the smaller focus on followers, are Barracks really worth it?
    Last edited by mmoc1dfaca83b0; 2015-07-02 at 11:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yrael View Post
    Thanks for the info - regarding the scavengers, I agree - but how about the treasure hunters, are they still worth it now? Also, with the smaller focus on followers, are Barracks really worth it?
    Still worth it. You're still going to get gold missions and having them is never going to hurt.

So for Large now what do you guys use? I have mage tower and barracks.

Note the War Mill does not work for Baleful items from Tanaan. They can warforge to itemlvl 675 on their own, but they aren't quest rewards.

So you only need it for follower upgrades and one free coin per week. Follower upgrades aren't particularly important once you gear up a couple treasure hunters, and the free coin is worth 500 gold, 500 honor, 1000 garrison resources, or 500 apexis crystals. Not a big deal.

I keep the war mill on my alts because the weekly coin is not only free but also zero effort, which makes sense for alts. Not for my main.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    War Mill is less useful than ever - you can now buy iLevel 645 upgrades from a vendor in your town hall for gold. Salvage Yard drops should easily be able to do the rest.

I still find the Spirit Lodge/Tower to be best simole for the passive Apxis gain, (particularly with that 150k mount), particularly with Baleful items upgradeable to Normal Raid iLevels (and they can roll perfect stats).
    Warmill will still get you more procs on Baleful and other items you pickup around Tanaan. It can be a nice boost while you're still working on gearing your toon, especially if it's fresh 100.

Quote Originally Posted by fwc577 View Post
    Warmill will still get you more procs on Baleful and other items you pickup around Tanaan. It can be a nice boost while you're still working on gearing your toon, especially if it's fresh 100.
    No, it won't. It doesn't work on drops, only quest rewards.

I literally just said that in the post immediately preceeding, too. Sheesh.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    War Mill for Follower Upgrades (not just the gear, but the 3/6/9 ilvl upgrades). Salvage Yard has been severely nerfed so, even if you have the chance to get the 3/6/9 ilvl upgrades, the crate drop is so miniscule right now i'm not sure it's gonna help you. For maxing your followers, it helps tho. You will also need to have max number of followers (=Barracks) and send them all to missions with XP reward, for the off chance you get a crate. That also costs resources.

Lose the LM after you get Barov, Phylarch, the treessassin's guide, plus some extra resources to help build to lvl 3 buildings faster. It needs farming and wastes time. Replace it with Inn for gold missions (after you have farmed the needed resources for all 3 lvls of it with LM).

Deleted
    I would get a Lunarfall Inn just for Aviana's feather. That thing is so useful.

My comments.

1) Salvage Yard has been nerfed multiple times. It still gives gold for minimal effort, but don't count on it for gearing your followers.

2) If you are a new 100, you will probably need the Warmill to gear up at least three of your followers to 675. I recommend Harrison, Blook, and Pallas. You can buy follower upgrades for gold from the vendor in your main hall. Note that you can drop the warmill once your followers are geared.

3) A lot of people like the MT for apexis and mission completions. I personally don't like grinding so I'm not using MT.

4) The Inn has Aviana's feather as well as easy access to scavengers (help out with garrison resources for shipyard), treasure hunters, extra oil, etc. You can drop the Inn after you have enough extra followers.

5) Barracks is definitely worth it (25 followers and bodyguard).

6) the legendary questline takes a while, but with followers and shipyard, you can move through it much faster than before

7) Trading Post > lumber mill (rep bonus for your main character is important for Tanaan)

8) Stables is useful for your main character if you want to click on things for gathering without being dismounted.

I think now since they nerfed both number of crates and drops inside you get from the salvage yard to the point it where will take six months or more to gear 25 followers (via those drops) to 675 you might be better off with a level 2 Dwarven Bunker and a level 2-3 lumber mill.

Use the mill to generate enough resources to keep the Dwarven bunker work orders at max, the gear from those will supplement the lack of follower gear from the salvage yard. Once you have created a good team and have them at 675 you can bulldoze both buildings for something else should you choose.