Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Stuttering In Game Frustration

Hi

I built a brand new pc just over a month ago and seeing continuous stuttering in game which is annoying weather im questing or pvp or raiding. I'm not concerned about the fps as that is pretty stable I have tried everything from turning vsync on and off. Triple buffering on and off, I have set nvidia vsync to adaptive but still that annoying stuttering in game.

Here are my specs

Intel i7 4790 3.6ghz
    Evga Gtx 970 4GB
    256 SSD
    MSI Gaming 3 motherboard
    16gb 1833mhz Corsair vengence ram
    Liquid cooled.

Please can someone guide me if they know anyway to fix this. I have also rolled back the driver and it is still causing issues.

Would really appreciate a response.

- - - Updated - - -

Reply would be much appreciated

- - - Updated - - -

Bump please

Have you tried running the game without addons? outdated addons can cause a lot of problems with the game

Quote Originally Posted by Denpepe View Post
    Have you tried running the game without addons? outdated addons can cause a lot of problems with the game
    I have tried that also still the annoying stuttering.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hows the temperature on the CPU? Try HWMonitor and tell us what the CPU temp is.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    Hows the temperature on the CPU? Try HWMonitor and tell us what the CPU temp is.
    Core temperatures while playing are 38 degree max 48 degrees on the low side.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe the stuttering is the result of drive activity. Any antivirus software running?

Maybe the stuttering is the result of drive activity. Any antivirus software running?
    I only have Microsoft Security Essentials

Does it still happen if you just try putting all settings to minimum? If not, then try putting settings up one by one until u find the one that's giving issues.

10+ Year Old Account
    Check your ram settings in the bios. Maybe the ram isn't setup correctly.

Check your ram settings in the bios. Maybe the ram isn't setup correctly.
    Im sorry to sound stupid but what would i check in the bios...

10+ Year Old Account
    Check the timing and ram clock speed. CPUZ could tell you what your timing and clock speed is. If your ram is 1833mhz then make sure the reported clock is ~900Mhz in CPUZ. If you have timing rated at 9-10-9-27 then timings in CPUZ under memory should show the cas 9 rRCD 10 tRP 9 tRAS 27 while DRAM frequency should be 900Mhz I believe. If not then you have to go into the BIOS and enable XMP or whatever MSI included with their motherboard. Gotta look into the manual.

Check the timing and ram clock speed. CPUZ could tell you what your timing and clock speed is. If your ram is 1833mhz then make sure the reported clock is ~900Mhz in CPUZ. If you have timing rated at 9-10-9-27 then timings in CPUZ under memory should show the cas 9 rRCD 10 tRP 9 tRAS 27 while DRAM frequency should be 900Mhz I believe. If not then you have to go into the BIOS and enable XMP or whatever MSI included with their motherboard. Gotta look into the manual.
    After messing with some in game settings I realized that it is much better with the game played in full screen and not windows full screen. Ram test was fine I monitored CPU and GPU temps nothing is out of line GPU doesn't go over 73 degrees with the settings set to maximum power in nvidia options. I also turned Vsync off in game and used the adaptive option in nvidia its better but its not completely smooth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea Window mode is not so great for frame rates.

Yea Window mode is not so great for frame rates.
    Still have stuttering

10+ Year Old Account
    May not be a hardware issue but software. Got any software applications running in the background? How about CPU usage? Play the game and see if you see spikes in the CPU usage.
    Last edited by Vash The Stampede; 2015-07-03 at 11:26 PM.

May not be a hardware issue but software. Got any software applications running in the background? How about CPU usage? Play the game and see if you see spikes in the CPU usage.
    Sorry i am far from tech savy how would i do that? no other real applications only curse and spotify

10+ Year Old Account
    Turn off aero and desktop composition. You can right click the exe or shortcut and properties > compatibility for program specific.
    It's an issue in FFXIV window full screen too with the 770.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Turn off aero and desktop composition. You can right click the exe or shortcut and properties > compatibility for program specific.
    It's an issue in FFXIV window full screen too with the 770.
    Will that allow me to play in windowed full screen? will I need to do this everytime?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah and if you do the way I said it it would return to normal when you close the application.
    This was the work around for Nvidia thingy I found.

Do i select run in maximized or normal windows in the shortcut options?
    Also do you have any idea how I can get rid of this micro stutter I have...