Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    I think flaming is infinitely worse than being bad.

To add to the discussion, players can be, including myself - Confidence players.

I could be having an "off game", and flaming me for mistakes will cause my performance to plummet. But a helpful and encouraging environment see's me perform to my actual skill level. The social environment the player is in, massively contributes to how well that player performs.

They have no compelling reason to listen to you and every reason to get upset when you call them a fucking shitter, or some variant thereof.

That's probably why they don't improve. Because they care more about the fact that I called them idiots at the end of proper advice than the advice itself. If they want to be a professional victim that's on them.

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    That's probably why they don't improve. Because they care more about the fact that I called them idiots at the end of proper advice than the advice itself. If they want to be a professional victim that's on them.
    What makes you think they don't improve? Perhaps if you spent more time worrying about how you play rather than focussing on others you'd be playing at a higher ranking and none of this would be a problem?

Why do you think that they care about you being insulting, all they have to do is report you, eventually you'll either learn how to interact with people or be banned.

Coming from the creator of this woe is me thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    What makes you think they don't improve? Perhaps if you spent more time worrying about how you play rather than focussing on others you'd be playing at a higher ranking and none of this would be a problem?

Why do you think that they care about you being insulting, all they have to do is report you, eventually you'll either learn how to interact with people or be banned.

Coming from the creator of this woe is me thread.
    Even if I were to be literally the best ranked player in Gold I still can't carry a team when one land is lost from the get go. That's a massive advantage for the enemy and a massive disadvantage for me.

And I shouldn't have to, anyway. I'm 20% of my team, I shouldn't be expected to do more to advance. If Riot banned trolls it would be a much simpler and pleasant journey.

Why do you think that they care about you being insulting, all they have to do is report you
    And they're free to do so. Doesn't mean the reports will succeed.

woe is me
    I'd suggest you take some reading comprehension courses if that's all you got from the thread.

I'm not mad I got reported. I'm mad Riot cares more about text abuse than ruining games. You'd think they're almost a game producer or something, not a forum admin.

But alas the age of the SJW has plagued another game.

In DotA we trust.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aqua View Post
    Because people who are 'bad' can be helped.

People being rude generally scare off those people and discourage them from playing the game.

Which group do you think the creators of any game are going to punish?
    This post here sums up the reasons why potty mouthed people get punished more than people who don't know what they're doing. Particularly the bolded bit.

The answer to "When has being rude become worse than being bad?" is when your language started actively discouraging possible customers from participating with their wallets.

That's all there is to it really, SJWs or no SJWs. Are some people more sensitive than others? Yes, but that doesn't matter to the coin counters.

That being said, i'm with you on the idea that i'd rather have rude people that are good players which i can mute, ignore or banter with over people who don't know how to play. It's not much different than any business that requires experience before hiring you. Exceptions, as always, do apply if i'm playing with close friends.
    "The best argument against democracy is a five minute scroll through twitter." - Winston Churchill

This post here sums up the reasons why potty mouthed people get punished more than people who don't know what they're doing.

But trolls scare plenty people away too. It's one of the reasons Riot will never see a single penny out of me, because they're absolutely shit at getting rid of people that LITERALLY ( not figuratively by throwing two insults which cause the weak hearted to cut their wrists ) ruin the game.

Even if I were to be literally the best ranked player in Gold I still can't carry a team when one land is lost from the get go. That's a massive advantage for the enemy and a massive disadvantage for me.

And I shouldn't have to, anyway. I'm 20% of my team, I shouldn't be expected to do more to advance. If Riot banned trolls it would be a much simpler and pleasant journey.
    If you were a better player you'd be playing with better players at a higher ranking and therefore would have less reason to worry about the quality or your team. I willing to bet that you are nowhere near as good a player as you believe you are and you blame others rather than face up to your own shortcomings.

They do ban trolls or, at least silence, them. However instead of recognising that your behaviour is the problem you created this thread.

And they're free to do so. Doesn't mean the reports will succeed.
    Clearly they did succeed or you would not have created this thread.

I'd suggest you take some reading comprehension courses if that's all you got from the thread.

I'm not mad I got reported. I'm mad Riot cares more about text abuse than ruining games. You'd think they're almost a game producer or something, not a forum admin.

But alas the age of the SJW has plagued another game.

In DotA we trust.
    This whole thread is about blaming others rather than confronting the fact your poor attitude is the problem.

See there you go, again, blaming Riot because you're unable to behave to an acceptable adult level. Just because they are a game producer why do you think they would tolerate people like you treating their customers like shit? What makes you so special that you should be allowed to abuse their other customers?

And now blaming the SJWs.

- - - Updated - - -

But trolls scare plenty people away too. It's one of the reasons Riot will never see a single penny out of me, because they're absolutely shit at getting rid of people that LITERALLY ( not figuratively by throwing two insults which cause the weak hearted to cut their wrists ) ruin the game.
    Hmm, so you pay no money and insult their customers that do. I think they will be quite happy without you.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Srg56 View Post
    That being said, i'm with you on the idea that i'd rather have rude people that are good players which i can mute, ignore or banter with over people who don't know how to play. It's not much different than any business that requires experience before hiring you. Exceptions, as always, do apply if i'm playing with close friends.
    And this right here sums up why you likely don't share the same view as most people playing games. You just equated playing a game to a business function. Essentially, you used it as a metaphor for work.

Sorry, the rest of us actually play games to have fun.
    BAD WOLF

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I love it when scrubs tell people to learn to play and then wind up being the worst one on the team at the end of the match. I get that a lot in some of the games I play. Had it a couple of nights ago when I was playing MechWarrior Online with a group. We had about 6 of us on TS and the other 6 players were random pugs. One guy who wasn't in a unit nor had any concept of how to play was taking over the ingame VOIP at people because he was getting REKT for being out of position, not staying with the group and running full retard builds in his Mech's. I told him to shut the fuck up because his whining was interfering with my orders and target calling, at which point he said "fuck you cunt, learn to play". At the end of the match he did a whole 560 damage across 4 Mech's and I did about 1500 across 3 Mech's. I always laugh at that crap, as well as people who clearly don't understand the games they are playing, especially with the resources out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    And this right here sums up why you likely don't share the same view as most people playing games. You just equated playing a game to a business function. Essentially, you used it as a metaphor for work.

Sorry, the rest of us actually play games to have fun.
    The fun part of playing games is playing them well. The aggressive shittalking is also fun.

Of course, you can disagree. But realize that, in doing so, from the perspective of those who disagree with you, you are the one being just as insufferably rude as the guy you wouldn't play with because they can't stop insulting people for every little mistake or disagreement.

It's my experience that most the people who complain about rudeness don't actually realize this, which I find pretty ironic... but not surprising.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Simulacrum View Post
    Of course, you can disagree. But realize that, in doing so, from the perspective of those who disagree with you, you are the one being just as insufferably rude as the guy you wouldn't play with because they can't stop insulting people for every little mistake or disagreement.
    I don't even understand what you are trying to say here. You speak as though you have some all powerful truth/revelation, but you're telling me that actually enjoying a game is rude to people that are assholes.

1) How does that work now?
    2) Why should I even care about this?

I think you are under the assumed misconception that because I like to enjoy games, I don't play them well. If that's not the assumption you're making, then you're basically just spouting off nonsense...yeah?

Further, my specific comment was relating to someone who literally equated playing games to business/work and has nothing to do with whatever larger discourse you are trying to shoehorn into my post.
    BAD WOLF

The fun part of playing games is playing them well. The aggressive shittalking is also fun.

It's my experience that most the people who complain about rudeness don't actually realize this, which I find pretty ironic... but not surprising.
    I'm sorry... what???

It appears that you are saying that those of us who do not appreciate your shit talking are somehow insulting you?

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    I don't even understand what you are trying to say here...
    I honestly can't convey in writing how funny this response is. Thank you for so adeptly embodying the ironic lack of self-awareness I'm poking fun at. I couldn't have asked for much more.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Ah yes the typical '' no u ''.
    You said literally every game. Which is so statistically unlikely to happen unless the cause is in every game....which would be you. And it's not like you have portrayed yourself as someone people might easily get along with. LOL

When Ashe facechecks at level 1 without his support and gets killed I have every right in the world to call him an idiot, because I'm just stating the truth.
    The truth is it wasn't the safest decision. So it definitely was a mistake it does not make that ashe an idiot.

When a top is up against Pantheon and they buy Doran's Blade instead of Cloth /5 pots and they're trying to kill him pre level 6/first buy and they die and Pantheon starts snowballing I again have every right in the world to call them an idiot, because I'm just stating the truth.
    Oh you have the right to voice your opinion. It doesn't make it correct valid...or the best course of action.

When someone ignores pings and would rather kill a wave than come dragon, when someone ignores wards as if they only see their screen and so on.

Those are noob mistakes that should've been purged by the time you reach level 30.
    Everyone makes mistakes. I bet you are guilty of many of the ones you just criticized. Raging never helps. At best it does nothing to the team and maybe you feel slightly more superior, at worst it divides the team. Its unproductive, and rather sad that simple mistakes in a game make you rage so readily.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrandir View Post
    My starfall brings all the mobs to the yard.
    Laurellen - Druid Smiteyou - lol holy dps

10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly can't convey in writing how funny this response is. Thank you for so adeptly embodying the ironic lack of self-awareness I'm poking fun at. I couldn't have asked for much more.
    Feel free to respond to the rest of the post, which highlights exactly what is wrong with your thinking, presents multiple questions you could try and answer, etc.

Or you know, pretend like you know a mystical truth while looking down on others. I can't convey in writing how typical this is. Thank you for so adeptly embodying the stereotype that plagues gaming which I am seriously discussing as a discourse is not a place to try and 'poke fun at' things. I asked for much, much more.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    I was mad they didn't punish me for playing like shit and ruining games but they punished me for calling a bunch of feeders cunts. I mean what the hell, what kind of backwards SJW driven society are we in when words are punished more harshly than actions?
    A perfectly normal society...

The answer to "When has being rude become worse than being bad? " is........... ALWAYS....
    And it became ever more clear now with the online medium.
    It's been always true irl that if you take a game too serious, you have issues..
    But when you take computer pixels too serious, then it's actually concerning. Then you might have a mental issue, definitely a social issue though..
    It should be checked to out-rule the former. the latter likely fixes itself again, once reality hits you like a brick wall.

What you described in the OP is definitely something you don't dare to do irl...
    Because it begs for that situation where you would find yourself with a black eye, or some tooth loss... stuff like that..
    Last edited by Wildtree; 2015-07-07 at 03:26 PM.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by gamingmuscle View Post
    You said literally every game. Which is so statistically unlikely to happen unless the cause is in every game....which would be you. And it's not like you have portrayed yourself as someone people might easily get along with. LOL

The truth is it wasn't the safest decision. So it definitely was a mistake it does not make that ashe an idiot.

Oh you have the right to voice your opinion. It doesn't make it correct valid...or the best course of action.

Everyone makes mistakes. I bet you are guilty of many of the ones you just criticized. Raging never helps. At best it does nothing to the team and maybe you feel slightly more superior, at worst it divides the team. Its unproductive, and rather sad that simple mistakes in a game make you rage so readily.
    Yes it does. Giving first blood out of idiocy makes you an idiot.

10+ Year Old Account
    You really are quite the internet tough guy aren't you? lol
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Nope. Means they made a mistake....they could have an absolutely terrible game where nothing works right (timing off/bad team cohesion/unlucky)...that still wouldn't make them an idiot. Hell doesn't even make them a bad player. Players have bad games.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrandir View Post
    My starfall brings all the mobs to the yard.
    Laurellen - Druid Smiteyou - lol holy dps

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    You really are quite the internet tough guy aren't you? lol

Why don't you come find out dudebro.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gamingmuscle View Post
    Nope. Means they made a mistake....they could have an absolutely terrible game where nothing works right (timing off/bad team cohesion/unlucky)...that still wouldn't make them an idiot. Hell doesn't even make them a bad player. Players have bad games.
    There's a difference between a bad game and a shit game.