Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    When there's a bad player on your team, your odds of winning just lowered.

When you go full cyka blyat on the bad player or the rest of the team, then you just decreased the mood, morale and odds for your team even fucking more. Good job.

When one player on your team is playing bad, then you can still win. You just need the rest of your team to play good, and the enemy team to play slighty worse than your team. When you become toxic then you destroy the mood, and the rest of your team won't play optimal. At best they will just play ok, at worst they will also start not doing very good, and then it's gg you lose.

With a bad player you can still win. A bad player + toxic player and you're pretty much just gonna lose.

It's not about some morality of "being nice to each other". It's about winning. And if you're actually in it to win it, then stop being a raging whiner. You can start raging if you want, but if you do then please stop pretending that you're actually playing to win, 'cause that's not how you win.

Quote Originally Posted by Kymei View Post
    That is like saying masturbation is pretty much having sex, it's not. The internet isn't real, you are not anonymous in real life. Why I have to say these things to a grown adult is scary, I feel like I am trying to explain to you the matrix because you are so far from reality.
    You think you are anonymous on the internet? Hah.

You can somewhat hide behind a VPN if you know what you're doing, but even that will end soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexboi View Post
    When there's a bad player on your team, your odds of winning just lowered.

When you go full cyka blyat on the bad player or the rest of the team, then you just decreased the mood, morale and odds for your team even fucking more. Good job.

When one player on your team is playing bad, then you can still win. You just need the rest of your team to play good, and the enemy team to play slighty worse than your team. When you become toxic then you destroy the mood, and the rest of your team won't play optimal. At best they will just play ok, at worst they will also start not doing very good, and then it's gg you lose.

With a bad player you can still win. A bad player + toxic player and you're pretty much just gonna lose.

It's not about some morality of "being nice to each other". It's about winning. And if you're actually in it to win it, then stop being a raging whiner. You can start raging if you want, but if you do then please stop pretending that you're actually playing to win, 'cause that's not how you win.
    Agreed!

To add to this, if a person cannot have fun when losing a GAME, then they probably shouldn't be playing a game. It shows a lot of immaturity to not be able to lose graciously.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Probably mentioned before many times, players who are toxic ARE bad. I play at supreme in CS GO, the good players are not toxic, it's always the bad ones. People do lack the social skills to deal with bad players whom are not toxic, and it turns out as a negative interaction anyway. Rather than being social justice warriors people should learn how to receive and give criticism.
    Intel i5-3570k @ 4.2GHz | 8gb 1600 MHz DDR3 Corsair Vengence | EVGA GTX 670 SC | ASUS Z77V LK | Seagate Berracuda 2TB
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ymeimei/simple

10+ Year Old Account
    Interesting thing: people calling others "bad" are themselves bad compared to someone else. Unless we talk about world champion, but world champions are mostly decent people, respecting everyone, since they've come through the whole way of becoming the best from being the worst, and they obviously have respect for other players.

So, why does such a person consider his/her level of play to be the standard everyone should aim for? Why not above that? Right, because then they themselves will look bad. But looking bad is to tough for a jerk to handle, so he/she tries to make others look bad instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Would you call a random stranger an idiot to their face?
    Obviously not. Which is why the Internet and real life aren't the same thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by grimsanta View Post
    Agreed!

To add to this, if a person cannot have fun when losing a GAME, then they probably shouldn't be playing a game. It shows a lot of immaturity to not be able to lose graciously.
    Ranked is for winning, not for having fun.

You have fun by winning.

You're bad in normals? No issue whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    I've been playing DotA since the mid-late 2000s, then moved to LoL, then DotA 2, then HOTS.

In my experience, flaming is considered worse than ruining the game and feeding. Why is that? Insults can be muted with a single click, if the bot feeds 0/5 by the time I have my ult I can't exactly pretend that didn't happen and proceed to play normally.

I've been only punished once for flaming, with a 40 some games of having an impaired communication ( which if you think about it hurts my team more than it hurts me ) but I've never seen or heard of anyone being punished for feeding intentionally.

Hell I did it a few times and quite frank when I was punished I wasn't mad I got punished, I was mad they didn't punish me for playing like shit and ruining games but they punished me for calling a bunch of feeders cunts. I mean what the hell, what kind of backwards SJW driven society are we in when words are punished more harshly than actions?

In DOTA 2 I'd report people of feeding and I'd sometimes get a message saying my report was deemed right, so at least there's hope.
    Because being bad and ruining game for other 4 people is commendable - you twied! Awww how cjuuuuute :3

Insulting or playing just as bad intentionally - a big no no. Because you're mean!

That's what you get with all this XXI bullshit where everyone's special and hjuuuuuuman rights and, most importantly, FEEEEEELINGS are importanterestest.

--

Problem is simple - everyone's balls and spine shrank to that of a fucking rat. Tiny spines, tiny balls. Hey, he insulted me - yes I could ignore him and never hear from him again, while having a team mate that actually does something. Screw that. He insulted me! MAH FEEEEEELINGS! Now this guy who, FEEEEEEELINGS aside, screws you way worse, is all good, because he tried and I wouldn't want to insult his FEEEEEEEEELINGS.

This pathetic generation where everything's given on a silver platter with a silver spoon, everyone's equal and everyone's special same as everyone else, really disgust me.

Then it goes to the real life - these spoiled ball-less brats complain about average wage, which is pathetic compared to my wage (because I have fucking balls and these balls helped me to out-ball all these ball-less dipshits to get better wage........).

Sad. Feelings is not how we got on top of food chain and why is there super powers like USA, Russia or China.

grow a pair
    Grow a pair. Two scars near my lips, one cut scar on my left hand and one scar on my belly.
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

10+ Year Old Account
    Ranked is for winning, not for having fun.
    I think this is one of the worst possible attitudes to have doing, pretty much, anything in life.
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.

Just because your are, relatively, anonymous on the internet does not mean that your comments do not cause the same level of upset or annoyance to the people you abuse. Being free from consequence of your actions does not mean that the internet and real life are not the same.

Just because your are, relatively, anonymous on the internet does not mean that your comments do not cause the same level of upset or annoyance to the people you abuse. Being free from consequence of your actions does not mean that the internet and real life are not the same.
    They aren't the same and if you put internet insults and RL insults on the same level that says a lot.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    So basically you're a coward in real life and make up for it by being a jackass online, hiding behind relative anonymity. Gotcha.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattleya View Post
    So basically you're a coward in real life and make up for it by being a jackass online, hiding behind relative anonymity. Gotcha.
    Can't wait until these people run afoul of the law on this magical otherworld they like to call 'the internet'. To think that in the year 2015 people still think the internet isn't 'real life'.

Good god people.
    BAD WOLF

They aren't the same and if you put internet insults and RL insults on the same level that says a lot.
    They are the same, an insult is an insult, even if the person insulting you is too cowardly to do it to your face.

Quote Originally Posted by Cattleya View Post
    I'm a coward for not calling a random person an idiot? What.

Your brain might want an F5.

- - - Updated - - -

They are the same, an insult is an insult, even if the person insulting you is too cowardly to do it to your face.
    They aren't the same because in the game you insult an idiot for acting like an idiot. If someone acts like an idiot IRL I will tell him, but the strawmanning dudebro said it was a ''random person''.

They aren't the same because in the game you insult an idiot for acting like an idiot. If someone acts like an idiot IRL I will tell him, but the strawmanning dudebro said it was a ''random person''.
    The people you're playing with are random strangers. Would you tell a random stranger who was acting like an idiot that they are an idiot to their face?

The people you're playing with are random strangers. Would you tell a random stranger who was acting like an idiot that they are an idiot to their face?
    Give me an example of acting like an idiot in real life and I'll tell you.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a coward for not calling a random person an idiot? What.

Your brain might want an F5.
    Oh the irony...

Someone playing bad isn't doing it on purpose. They are usually trying to get better or just there to have fun in a game.

Being rude is someone choosing to make everyone else's experience worse. You can't improve on that because they just don't want to. I have plenty of friends that are really bad at WoW, Super Smash brothers, and pokemon. But they are nice people that usually want to get better. I rather them as my friends than some asshole that makes my life suck because he's bored.

I'm also pretty bad at some games, specially FPS games, but I still play Halo with friends.

Give me an example of acting like an idiot in real life and I'll tell you.
    Why would you need an example? If you thought a random stranger was acting like an idiot would you tell them to their face?

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why would you need an example? If you thought a random stranger was acting like an idiot would you tell them to their face?
    Of course a big man on the internet would tell you he would do such. You will gain no insight from this query I'm afraid.
    BAD WOLF