Assassination and cleaving

Hello fellow rogues,

Recently switch to assassination and I'm having fun on single target encounters but on cleave fights I am a bit confused.

Cleave fights like the council for example on HFC.

I read on icy veins guide, that I should keep deadly poison(using mutilate or dispatch) and rupture on the other targets and just keep dpsing the main target.

Is that all? Or is there somethng else I need to do?

thanks for your input.

You should also do your best to keep rupture up. Typically bloodboil and the blade master are tanked by one tank, and the third boss by the other tank. It is pretty easy to keep rupture up on two targets if you are tracking them. I use my boss frames to monitor the duration of dp and rupture on my off target. If dp is about to fall, you can usually fok (especially with envenom buff active) and refresh poison.

Quote Originally Posted by Athonel View Post
    You should also do your best to keep rupture up. Typically bloodboil and the blade master are tanked by one tank, and the third boss by the other tank. It is pretty easy to keep rupture up on two targets if you are tracking them. I use my boss frames to monitor the duration of dp and rupture on my off target. If dp is about to fall, you can usually fok (especially with envenom buff active) and refresh poison.
    Don't use FoK ever as far as I'm concerned. The OP had it right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Assassination and Cleaving: Play Combat.

Wait, Rogues + Cleaving = Play Combat.

Really though, that's it.

I mean you can keep up Ruptures on other targets like you said, it'll improve your DPS a bit, but it's terrible in comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Unrully View Post

I mean you can keep up Ruptures on other targets like you said, it'll improve your DPS a bit, but it's terrible in comparison.
    Assassination "cleaving" is really just to increase your single target damage with the extra energy gain. Also, you still have the convenience of being able to switch targets if you have to without it affecting your dps.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Unrully View Post

Cleave =/= AoE. Assass is strong on low target cleave, especially with one target with high priority. Which is a lot of situations in HFC.

This is how you cleave as Assassination

Step One: Go to your talent tab. From there swap from your primary spec to your secondary spec or vice versa depending on where Combat is located.

Step Two: Switch to Combat.

Step Three: Activate Blade Fury.

There you have it how to Cleave as Assassination.