Shadow Lord Iskar, Fel Raven

My raid put a few attempts on Iskar last night and started consistently seeing the third air phase. The Fel Raven does a fuck-ton of AoE damage though and quickly blows up the raid. How do we handle this mechanic? I figure it has something to do with the Eye of Anzu, but I'm not sure. I watched the Fatboss first impressions from PTR, and on that the Raven just did heavy tank damage, but on live it does a debuff that explodes for AoE damage. Was also thinking of just using heroism for that phase and bursting the raven down.

Advice?

A Fel Raven in the central trash pack will debuff the tanks with Phantasmal Corruption.
    This debuff deals Phantasmal Nova damage to nearby players every second
    Tanks should swap the Fel Raven whenever the current tank is affected by Phantasmal Corruption
    The debuffed tank should run out of the group to avoid damaging allies
    Straight from wowhead. Since you didnt give logs there is no way for anyone to know what really happened. From personal experience we normally do lust during that last add phase with the raven, warden and talonpriest and we tunnel the warden > talonpriest > raven. So am not sure where all of that damage is coming from.

I would probably guess that its more likely bombs arent being dispelled, but again, just speculation without logs.

Quote Originally Posted by Albimoo View Post
    Straight from wowhead. Since you didnt give logs there is no way for anyone to know what really happened. From personal experience we normally do lust during that last add phase with the raven, warden and talonpriest and we tunnel the warden > talonpriest > raven. So am not sure where all of that damage is coming from.

I would probably guess that its more likely bombs arent being dispelled, but again, just speculation without logs.
    Okay, so it's just a tank swap. Thanks!

if you give the eye the tank who is tanking the fel raven they will not get the phantasmal corruption.

What we did was lust the raven down, having the tank hold the eye until it was dead.

Eye starts on tank in both t2 and t3. Tank interrupts the fel chain lightning, passes it to a healer who dispells the bomb, throws it back to the guy tanking the raven who immunes the AOE debuff automatically. Then repeat.
    Brewmaster Icy-Veins Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Prodyne View Post
    if you give the eye the tank who is tanking the fel raven they will not get the phantasmal corruption.

What we did was lust the raven down, having the tank hold the eye until it was dead.
    This works as does just having the tank with the raven pull it away from the rest and having ranged nuke it down while melee work on the other 2

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Quotey View Post
    Eye starts on tank in both t2 and t3. Tank interrupts the fel chain lightning, passes it to a healer who dispells the bomb, throws it back to the guy tanking the raven who immunes the AOE debuff automatically. Then repeat.
    It's actually less complicated than that: the Phantasm cast syncs up with the conduit cast.

1. Tank with Fel Raven interrupts Fel Conduit using Eye of Anzu
    2. Passes to Healer to dispel
    3. Repeat

That process allows you to ignore the Phantasm's existence.

If for whatever reason you don't burn hard enough in the phase and you have Raven+Robot+Winds at the same time, still prioritise the tank interrupt over winds.

Additionally: you can use the Eye of Anzu to either block the cast or dispel the debuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    It's actually less complicated than that: the Phantasm cast syncs up with the conduit cast.

1. Tank with Fel Raven interrupts Fel Conduit using Eye of Anzu
    2. Passes to Healer to dispel
    3. Repeat

That process allows you to ignore the Phantasm's existence.

If for whatever reason you don't burn hard enough in the phase and you have Raven+Robot+Winds at the same time, still prioritise the tank interrupt over winds.

Additionally: you can use the Eye of Anzu to either block the cast or dispel the debuff.
    This is what we went with, killed it no problem. Don't go with a tank swapping method for the Raven, as the phantasmal corruption will tick at least once before you can move out of the raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    My raid put a few attempts on Iskar last night and started consistently seeing the third air phase. The Fel Raven does a fuck-ton of AoE damage though and quickly blows up the raid. How do we handle this mechanic? I figure it has something to do with the Eye of Anzu, but I'm not sure. I watched the Fatboss first impressions from PTR, and on that the Raven just did heavy tank damage, but on live it does a debuff that explodes for AoE damage. Was also thinking of just using heroism for that phase and bursting the raven down.

Advice?
    The tank can be immune to the debuff the Fel Raven places on him if you give the tank the Eye of Anzu.

Here's what you do:

1. Assign one tank to tank the raven each fight.
    2. When the third air phase comes, have your tank (fel raven tank) communicate with your eye of anzu healer (the one that will remove the corruption debuff) so they can pass the eye accordingly. Your fel raven tank can also interrupt the fel conduit cast by the fel construct.

That's really all you need to do.

Deleted
    If you do it correctly the raid will get zero dmg from it. Transition 2 and 3 you throw the eye to the tank when the phase starts. The tank interupts the chainlightning cast and throws the eye to the assigned healer to dispel the bomb when it is applied. After the Bomb is dispellt the healer throws the eye back to the tank until the next bombs are applied.

Here is a snip of who is holding the eye (Transition 3). Maybe that helps

http://i.imgur.com/g3NDjA7.png