Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Patch 6.2 is not the last patch

Why do so many people believe this? What evidence do they have to support it? There has never even been a single WoW expansion with less than 3 tiers

WoD has three tiers: Highmaul, Foundry, Hellfire. Not saying this is the last patch, but your point why is flawed.

Highmaul and Foundry are the same tier, just like in MoP there was MSV, HoF and ToES part of the same tier at the start of the xpac.

Highmaul and Foundry were the same tier. They were just separate raids. Kind of like Mogu'shan Vaults and Heart of Fear. Same tier, multiple raid instances. Hellfire is the last tier, however. I believe it's been confirmed that they're only having 2 tiers in this expac. I can't be bothered to find it, but it's been out there for quite some time now. Is it the last patch, obviously not, considering they're releasing Draenor flying in an upcoming patch. Last tier, not last patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Mesticles View Post
    Why do so many people believe this? What evidence do they have to support it?
    Here is why people believe it. Not guaranteed of course but certainly significant.

http://www.buffed.de/World-of-Warcra...endary-1132902

They also said before WoD came out that Grom would be the final boss

The iLvl difference between Mogu'shan and Heart of Fear was 7. The iLvl difference between Highmaul and Blackrock Foundry is 25. Smells like a different tier to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Troopsmith View Post
    The iLvl difference between Mogu'shan and Heart of Fear was 7. The iLvl difference between Highmaul and Blackrock Foundry is 25. Smells like a different tier to me.
    its 15 my friend. and in fact originally it was only 10.

Of course it isn't the last patch. Based on how long things have taken and the way the story looks with HFC it is likely they are sticking to 2 raid tiers for WoD though. So far WoD has been a jumbled mess of killing off 5 mans, an abortion of a pvp zone in Ashran and train wreck apexis centric quests. So if a new expansion will get things back on track, cheers to 2 raid tiers and a new expansion. Toss out the shit that is the current apexis model, garrisons, shipyards and a few other WoD features and finish the expansion before it launches and we might be in luck.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

It's not a seperate tier, and the difference between normal highmaul and normal blackrock is only 15, not 25.

25? I don't think so. Also don't forget that BRF had it's ilvl upped a while after it came out too.

Why do so many people believe this? What evidence do they have to support it? There has never even been a single WoW expansion with less than 3 tiers
    One can also say they have never had a cinematic video at the end of a raid other then the final tier.

Deleted
    Yeah, and the plan for this expansion is to be the first expansion with only two tiers. They are clearly going through with this judging from the existence of the ending cinematic at the end of Hellfire Citadel.

6.2 is not the last patch, but certainly the last raid tier.

There are also datamined files suggesting the legendary ring is going to be upgradeable to 795, that's a whole 60 item levels higher than Mythic HFC, whereas the cloak in MoP was only ~20-30. Smells like a new tier to me
    Last edited by Mesticles; 2015-06-28 at 11:58 PM.

Deleted
    WoD has three tiers: Highmaul, Foundry, Hellfire. Not saying this is the last patch, but your point why is flawed.
    No, BRF and Highmaul are one tier, and if they now pretend they are not, then the first tier had only 7 bosses and the second tier had only 10 bosses. The first tier also only lasted 2 months and the second tier only 4 months. Pretty lame.

Haha whoops, lost my ability to math. It was quite an iLvl difference regardless. Wonder what constitutes a "tier". Patches? That works.

I don't think "just because it hasn't been done before" is a valid reason, especially with Blizzard. There'll definitely be more patches, but I'm not holding my breath for another raid.

It's not the last patch, but it is the last tier. Feeling better now?

Of course it isn't the last patch. It is going to be the last raid however. Enjoy your 12+ months of farming it.

Probably my bad with the title, but it's not the last tier either.