Thread: New Laptop

New Laptop

Hi everyone,

I am looking into buying a new laptop, mainly for gaming. I mostly play Dota 2, occasionally WoW and TF2 and other random games (which are not that demanding) but I also want to be able to play the more demanding games from time to time.

My budget is around £1000/$1563/€1407 (it is a bit flexible, but not too much).

For now I've found this which looks promising (Fangbook_III_BX6-100), http://www.cyberpowersystem.co.uk/saved/944426.
    Custom set things in case they are not shown:
    16GB RAM (2x8)
    1TB 5400 RPM Hard Drive
    240GB SSD

I can't find much in regards to reviews for it though so I am not sure if it's a good laptop or brand in general or if it's overpriced.

In addition, I would like some opinions on how long this would last before it starts really under performing and not be able to handle new games.

http://www.cyberpowersystem.co.uk/sy...OK_III_HX7-200

This looks better to me.

Custom laptops will always be better and.. kind of a bit more expensive, because you're generally paying for the freedom to choose your parts.

I've used laptops for gaming before and gave up on them eventually but one like this should last at least 4 years... as long as you don't expect to keep playing new stuff on very high settings.

The brand itself is very well known and trustworthy and from what I know their customer service is excellent so it shouldn't be much of a hassle even if some random issue with your purchase appears.

You could (with that budget) also look at the G-sync models. They'll generally give you a much better gaming experience and it's worth it if you hate blur.
    Intel i7-10700k | ASUS ROG STRIX Z490-F GAMING
    ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 2080 Ti | 2x 8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2400Mhz
    A-Data SSD SP920 256GB | Seagate 1TB 7200rpm | NZXT Kraken x62
    Fractal Design Define R6 TG | be quiet! Dark Power Pro 11 650W | Asus ROG Swift PG279Q
    Razer: Blackwidow Elite | Basilisk Ultimate | Nari Ultimate| Firefly | NZXT Hue+

That does look better but unfortunately it goes way above my budget (the other was was already ~150 above my budget). How long do you thing the one I found would last?