Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulreaver View Post
    To announce it earlier? What if the expansion releases the same time as the last expansion? Then announcing it at Blizzcon would be a little bit late.
    What does it matter if it's a little late? Blizzard games never release 'on time' anyways. Besides, it benefits them more to have an announcement that brings it closer to beta/release than it would hyping up something that is in a lesser state of development.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    What does it matter if it's a little late? Blizzard games never release 'on time' anyways. Besides, it benefits them more to have an announcement that brings it closer to beta/release than it would hyping up something that is in a lesser state of development.
    That doesn't make a multiple month difference irrelevant.

Deleted
    If the expansion releases mere days after Blizzcon, then Gamescom is a better event to announce the expansion at.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    No we wouldn't have.
    Warlords of Draenor Trademark wasn't found until like 7 days before the Blizzcon where it was announced.
    Yeah you're right, forgot about that

Because even being very optimistic, it's pretty unlikely they heavily veer from their standard development pattern. It's possible I guess that they have beta to go as soon as right after Blizzcon (probably would be better so people don't get hyped for content that gets changed anyways) but we don't have anything to suggest that is a possibility.

Ya, it won't matter when they announce it if beta would come at the same time regardless of announcement, but it's just hard to see that as a possibility when it's never happened before.
    Last edited by Krazzorx; 2015-07-05 at 01:32 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakushisai View Post
    ...Remember it's not because it hasn't been done before that blizzard won't change it, shorter expansions is very new to them too.
    Shorter expansions are a fiction. They've been talked about but NEVER done. You can believe all you want, but I'll wait until they actually ship something under 18 months.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soulreaver View Post
    If the expansion releases mere days after Blizzcon, then Gamescom is a better event to announce the expansion at.
    Fantasy. Even if they announced at Gamescom AND released the beta then that would be a 3 month beta without any alpha. You're deluding yourself.

Earliest we will see anything is Blizzcon, more likely we will see overwatch, hots, and hs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Fantasy. Even if they announced at Gamescom AND released the beta then that would be a 3 month beta without any alpha. You're deluding yourself.
    I didn't say they will do it.

Deleted
    Said this a million times, but there is a very high chance of new expansion trailer (the in-game graphics announcement trailer, not the cinematic one) at Gamescom.
    No there is not. Blizzard doesnt have anything to make such a trailer

Quote Originally Posted by DrMcNinja View Post
    If they want to keep subscribers from crumbling, they will need to have SOMETHING at GameScom
    No they dont and they know it... theres allways the core of never unsubbers and thus wow is not in any danger soon

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    No there is not. Blizzard doesnt have anything to make such a trailer
    Uh... What?

That doesn't make a multiple month difference irrelevant.
    It does when you consider Gamescom is a 3rd party convention where many people's eyes would be directed to the latest, most modern games out on the market. A WoW expansion can easily get lost in the news, or even ignored at this point considering how everyone's been treating WoD news. Blizzcon is where all the actual fans will have their eyes set, and it's the most controlled environment they could ever have to announce an expansion for people who actually give a damn about WoW in this day and age.

Quote Originally Posted by Soul Reaver View Post
    Like that would ever happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

It does when you consider Gamescom is a 3rd party convention where many people's eyes would be directed to the latest, most modern games out on the market. A WoW expansion can easily get lost in the news, or even ignored at this point considering how everyone's been treating WoD news. Blizzcon is where all the actual fans will have their eyes set, and it's the most controlled environment they could ever have to announce an expansion for people who actually give a damn about WoW in this day and age.

Like that would ever happen.
    I think Hitei's point is: unless something changes, we essentially have to assume that without evidence to the contrary, the time from xpac announcement to launch will be relatively the same. So in other words, a Gamescom, or other event (like that release date announcement one) would essentially mean the next xpac in development is 2 months "ahead" compared to announcing it at Blizzcon.

Does it actually mean that? Not necessarily. But we just have to work with the info provided. And that info is, the sooner the xpac is announced, the sooner it will release.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    Yeah, that's not what he meant! I actually listened to the interview, and he was talking about the past when he said that, and went on to say that they are working very hard to avoid that this time.
    Theyve said that, literally every single time.

Stop taking their word for this shit. Believe it when you see it.

Unlikely. At least not for Warcraft. I'm more than 80% sure that we'll see something about the next expansion for WoW at Blizzcon. I can definitely see them showboating something about HotS and Hearthstone at Gamescom however.

The last few expansions have been announced either before or shortly after the last raid tier was released. It could mean an announcement at GamesCom but I think it's more likely we'll hear something about Legacy/Whispers of the Void.

Well, the beta phase doesnt have to be as long as it is, they use it as a hype tool more than testing ground anyway. If they really have had other team working on the next expansion for as long as they claim, then they should have working alpha by now. Also beta usually lasts those 6 months, but the last couple of months, very little changes usually, bugs dont get fixed, quests stay the same, they basically only change stuff, if they flipflop on some of their decisions (kargath for example) If they announce it next month and have playable beta by blizzcon, I could imagine spring release. Of course Im not that optimistic, I predict september release after blizzcon announement.

Quote Originally Posted by Soul Reaver View Post
    There is a trademark. Eye of Azshara.
    Why do people continue to perpetuate this myth ?

The Eye of Azshara TM was never granted. It doesn't exist in any trademark database.

Why don't people research these things *before* posting

Have a look your self :

https://www.tmdn.org/tmview/welcome

10+ Year Old Account
    If the next expansion isn't out by April, Blizzard really doesn't care anymore. 6.2 can NOT last more than 9-10 months. If it does, subs will plummet to the 2-3ms,

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    If the next expansion isn't out by April, Blizzard really doesn't care anymore. 6.2 can NOT last more than 9-10 months. If it does, subs will plummet to the 2-3ms,
    That seems unlikely unless the beta isn't out by then. Release of the beta changes everything. People may not want to admit it but it surely does.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."