View Poll Results: What should happen going forward?

Voters
159. This poll is closed
  • Certain Developers need to be let go / moved. (Say who and why in comments). )

51 32.08%
  • The game's priorities need to be refocused. (What specifically?)

64 40.25%
  • We need a reboot (Say why in comments).

15 9.43%
  • New Features to peak interest. (What and why?)

9 5.66%
  • We need something else. (Say what, why, and how.)

6 3.77%
  • The game is fine as is.

14 8.81%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    MoP noodle soups tasted better than anything else they dished out so far. If you think Cataclysm soup had great taste and was healthy then you're probably one of those who eats lunch at McDonalds every day and think it's healthy.
    Cata soup was tasty and filling, MoP soup was bland and to get satisfied you had to eat a shit-tonne of salad at the same time.

WoD I find has some of the best variety of salad but it's limited in portions (although Tanaan has upped the number of portions you can have. The soup is about the same as MoP's (and at least it isn't watery and flavourless like WotLK's) but you don't have to get it with salad and the cheap steak rounds it off nicely. WoD also gives a nice selection of nibbles.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    MoP noodle soups tasted better than anything else they dished out so far. If you think Cataclysm soup had great taste and was healthy then you're probably one of those who eats lunch at McDonalds every day and think it's healthy.
    Rose-colored glasses.

Everyone forgot how bad Cata was overall and just remembers the hype for 4.0.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletroll View Post
    Let's imagine WoW is a restaurant.

Classic wow had only few dishes and you just did eat something you had money (will) for. There was sandwich for leveling, soup for those who liked dungeons, steak for raiders etc. Steak was very expensive.

TBC/WotLK got more different foods, you even had a burger, salads and a bit cheaper steak etc. Cataclysm soup had great taste etc. and was filling and even healthy, with still cheap price IMO. MoP soup was still filling but they changed the recipe for worse etc.

Now with WoD we have more food than ever. Sandwichs are great but you can't live with those alone. Everything else except steak tastes very bland, portions are much smaller but with higher prices. Some food is even moldy or rotten. Some gets stuck in your throat. But then we have steaks... you have 4 different steaks, first one is kinda bland but more expensive steaks have everything you need with vegetables etc. With most expensive steak you even get pat on the forehead.

I fucking hate steak.
    Wall of text for I hate raids.

Its time to stop focusing on raid and "hardcore" content and to accept that WOTLK was successful for casual bite sized but enjoyable content for every margin, not just one.

Raiding, PvP, PvE open world, group content, solo content, content for social interaction, content for social groups.

WOTLK had all this and more.

WoD has 1 of these things and the rest got thrown to the wind.

Post WoD, the focus of every future expansion should be "options" giving people more of them to do, at the end.

I mean no harassment or offense but Holinka needs to go and Tom Chilton. Hazzikotas can stay since the raids are still good. We need more writers. GOOD WRITERS. Hire good writers.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Time to replace Metzen then so we can finally move onto some alliance heavy content (God forbid we get another orc/troll expansion)

Get rid of that fossil Afrasiabi

I can't even put my vote in the poll because 1, 2, 3, 4, AND 5 all need to happen. As far as who, I don't know. It may not even be the devs fault and be the higher ups at this point; we truly don't know who really is to blame here.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Anyone who thinks WoD is a good expansion needs to go. Anyone who thinks Timeless isle style content is good for the game needs to go. Anyone who does an interview and says that WoD had two major patches needs to go. So pretty much the entire top level needs to be turned over for what they've managed to accomplish in around 2 years of work(over 6 months just for 6.2?).
    Nicely put. I concur.

I voted priorities need to be refocused. Blizzard needs to ditch the all or nothing design philosophy and learn how to strike a balance between playability and sustainability. Making the game faceroll easy was a very bad idea for longevity, and homogenizing and simplifying it in the way that they did was also a bad idea. They have far too much convenience in the game these days (along with a lack of content issue in this expansion = disaster), which detracts for the overall experience. There needs to be a certain about of work involved to get the cookie in order for people to stay interested. If not, we get what we have now. Contrary to what some people believe they want in terms of instant gratification, there needs to be something for people to strive for. Dropping rewards into peoples laps is not the way to achieve sustainable interest.

I'm not saying blast it back to 2004; but find a balance between what worked then, and the efficiency of now without going to one extreme or the other. Unfortunately Blizzard has been on the make the game super convenient train since Cataclysm and the boredom it produces along with the lack of content is starting to really show.
    Last edited by Demithio; 2015-07-04 at 12:54 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by edmorte View Post
    Who: Tom Chilton.

Why: Google it.

Curiously i keep saying it for years, but now people are realising its true.
    I am the King-Conqueror of Planets, Superpresident of the universe and Mayor of Valuetown.

Why: Google it.

If you don't get my point: thank you.
    It's easier to be taken seriously if you don't let others do the work for you,

I voted some devs needs to go. In my opinion those would be Chilton and Afrasiabi for the awful direction they've taken with Warlords, as well as Cory Stockton (Lead CONTENT designer....what content?) and Holinka for very obvious reasons. Hazzikostas has done a fine job on raids and I think he's a positive force for the game as a whole.

That said I do think they need to reevaluate the direction they are taking with the game.

I think something they need to do going forward is stop thinking they HAVE to add a new feature just to put it on the box. They put way too much time into new features that people don't care about very much instead of focusing on more of the things people have always loved about WoW. Give us an expansion where they don't try to reinvent the game. Use a blend of MoP and WotLK content delivery and just focus on giving us lots of it. The last new feature they added that really worked well was flex raiding, and before that transmog. How much more content could we have if they didn't decide garrisons needed to happen just for the sake of adding something new.
    Last edited by SpecterDK; 2015-07-04 at 01:34 AM.

Dev pools need a bloodbath - Old EQ raiders (Afrasiabi, Hazzikostas etc) should be the first one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Rose-colored glasses.

Everyone forgot how bad Cata was overall and just remembers the hype for 4.0.
    I had loads of fun in Cata, it had its problems but overall I enjoyed it.
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

10+ Year Old Account
    They need competition.

It's maybe time to upgrade to a new engine, meaning WoW 2.

The reason I say this is because how shit and static Tanaan Jungle is. Apexis dailies would be a lot more fun if it was like the GW2 world. Why didn't they do that? Engine limits for events? Laziness?

What's the point in rares if I can solo them easily.

Above all else, bring old Fury back, I miss heroic strike and whirlwind, the current rotation is bullshit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, I'd be perfectly happy with something that will obviously never happen: Graphical revamp of old armor and weapons, and additions to armor sets that are missing pieces for whatever reason. It would be nice if armor colors were brought more in line with each other; we currently have, for example, 15 shades of white, 20 shades of red, etc (made up numbers, you get the point), and none of them fit together aesthetically. Especially between newer and older sets. On top of that, anyone who has transmog'd old gear knows how absolutely terrible the textures look, especially compared to newer ones. I don't even think we need a model update on them, adding more poly counts and whatnot, the textures just need to be fixed.

And as far as missing pieces goes, there are SOOOOOOOO many incomplete armor sets that just never got certain pieces added to them, or in some cases, the pieces were removed when an instance was revamped or something. On top of that, some sets (like Hyperion, for example) are so insanely hard to farm just because of the mob level revamp a while back. The loot tables need to be revamped on a lot of things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

1, TBC raid model, many raids but smaller once - Early bosses/raids easy.

2. Bring back flying, and dont design zones like it was done inn WOD, horrible exsperience.

3. Remove most features from WOD

4. Make us able to do FULL premades for BG's - Not this stupid shit 5 mans crap. I want to be able to have fun inn PvP like I did inn TBC and whatnot - So bring on premades.

5. When you join BG's (not arena/rated) let gear matter nothing. Give us a standard set off gear whatever.

6. More solo content thats not just another mount / pet grind. Something thats actually good.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    4. Make us able to do FULL premades for BG's - Not this stupid shit 5 mans crap. I want to be able to have fun inn PvP like I did inn TBC and whatnot - So bring on premades.
    I might be remembering wrong, but didn't full premades just go up against random groups?

That won't happen again, you will go up against a premade.

6. More solo content thats not just another mount / pet grind. Something thats actually good.
    Like?

10+ Year Old Account
    Holinka needs to be straight-up fired for what he's allowed to happen to the PVP community under his watch.

Mumper needs a demotion and a serious talking to if he thinks 6.1 was a big patch, shipyards were "fresh" content or there has been anywhere near enough engaging, compelling stuff to do this expac.

Watcher has actually done a really solid job overseeing the raids... But he shouldn't be Blizzard's PR mouthpiece. He can't dis-engage lawyer-speak or just come clean on anything.

The art team deserves a serious bloody raise because without them this expac would be unforgivable.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

10+ Year Old Account
    1, TBC raid model, many raids but smaller once - Early bosses/raids easy.
    The only raids players really remember is the last tier. So maybe these expansions should be about that 1 big epic raid. We use the dungeons to gear out, to that big final event. A goal to work for.

We have zero goals if the first day at max level folks are raiding. That content is used up within the month right there. -_-
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Deleted
    Do thinks work like this? Community demands someone fired and companies really will do it?