Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    "Ascendance" needs to ascendant into 2015 by giving us a +% dmg modifier along with the current effect so we can actually do something on things like Kromog pillars etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    They didn't do anything to Ascendance, what they did was increase the cast time on Lava Burst in MoP because people in PvP were QQ about being bursted down too fast, that's what happened and that's what fucked it up. It was never a numbers being reduced thing, it was a cast time nerf with no compensation to the damage aspect of Lava Burst.
    the burst in pvp was because of lava surge procs when you had multiple fs. cast time was increased cause all that haste put lvb under 1s regulary which wasn't fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    They didn't do anything to Ascendance, what they did was increase the cast time on Lava Burst in MoP because people in PvP were QQ about being bursted down too fast, that's what happened and that's what fucked it up. It was never a numbers being reduced thing, it was a cast time nerf with no compensation to the damage aspect of Lava Burst.

As per "hybrid" we're not a hybrid by any means. Hybrids, past Druids, no longer exist in the game. You said it best yourself, "it takes too much time to balance" but this should have been balanced in beta when they removed any form of utility that Shaman had to be a "hybrid".

A self cast Healing Surge is literally a waste of a cast, our defensive are far worse than a Mages, who gets a full 3sec immunity on 45sec cd and a 90% damage reduction/threat drop on the same cd as our 40% damage reduction cd. At this point what utility do we even have anymore? Grounding Totem doesn't absorb 90% of abilities in raids, Tremor Totem can't be used while Feared/Charmed anymore, Windwalk Totem doesn't work on things it should(like puddles on Mannoroth last phase that Roar works on). I mean shit I remember last tier we actually went into logs and saw that Grounding Totem was able to soak Convulsive Shadows on Mythic Iron Maidens, but that got fixed faster than we've ever received buffs. They nerfed the shit out of Earth Elemental's damage so its not even worth a global anymore. I have no idea what delusions they're going though to think that we're in this "awesome place" that they justified with a nerf to multistrike damage in 6.2, but there's something seriously wrong with the Dev team at this point, because Shaman is getting nothing but fucked over senselessly since the beginning of MoP.
    Hybrid still exists in that these specs, like I said, don'T have any fallback options. Hybrid in this sense changed from the role hybrids that Druid/shaman/Pally were waaay back to the classes that don't have 3 DPS specs. And those specs are typically shafted if their tuning is off.

And yes, by "numbers" I don't mean Ascendance itself, just numbers. Reducing/increasing cast times does exactly the same, it changes the numbers.

Patch 5.3.0 (2013-05-21): Now has a 2 second cast time, up from 1.5 seconds, and deals 25% more damage.
    http://wow.gamepedia.com/Lava_burst

It was mainly a change because people were hitting the softcap with Lvb in ToT already with ease.

By raw numbers, it was a nerf, since the casttime was increase by 33% while the dmg was merely increased by 25%, but as i said, Haste softcap was a big issue and anytime you were going below 1.0 Lvb Casttime, this "nerf" turned out to be a buff.

Sorry but your post contains just false information.

Even your thing about PvP is wrong, Elemental was after this change even more dangerous than before, because Instant Lvb were a problem, not hardcasted Lvb's, and those instant Lvb's received a 25% buff.

For reference, in Mid - Late MoP, you were just multi dotting FS in Arena / RBG and throwing chain Instant Lvb's at the enemy.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2015-07-14 at 10:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeruge View Post
    Good to see we had the same idea with the Lava Burst thing. Perhaps because he's more well known it holds a bit more weight than when I say it.

The other changes are fine by me; high sustained and moderate single target is good, but it hinders our short burst aoe even more than the sustained aoe. I don't have a problem with that personally, but plenty of people on these forums have complained about that, so how do his changes make you feel on that front?
    Taking away aoe dmg to gain single target that places you in middle of the pack isn't going to save Elemental shamans in higher progress guilds. You will still be in the middle of the pack while contributing zero utility benefits to the raid that can be brought by multiple other classes.

10+ Year Old Account
    In a way they caused this issue years back when they stopped wanting classes to be "mandatory" for raids based on their inherent utility. When you try to homogenize everything, and please everyone, inevitably crap like this will happen. It's symptomatic of the design process as a whole.

A self cast Healing Surge is literally a waste of a cast

Deleted
    #hashtagsmatter

Quote Originally Posted by Microchaton View Post
    #hashtagsmatter
    You might upset someone.

I am now tempted to put #bluelivesmatter in every post.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I am now tempted to put #bluelivesmatter in every post.
    Dont forget #greenlivesmatter too.