Deleted

Question disc trinket choice

Hi, just want to hear some opinions on trinkets for disc, right now i have Demonic Phylactery and the mastery trinket from Council. I am not sure abot the Council trinket.
    What do u think are good replacements and provides the most output?
    Last edited by mmoc3de73894a5; 2015-07-04 at 03:52 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    DP is BiS. After that, Intuitions Gift and Flickering Felspark are both solid choices. IG doesn't line up perfectly, but can be used with every PI which is a nice throughput increase from our only CD.

And did you mean the Mastery/int proc trinket off Council? Because Gorefiend doesn't drop a trinket for casters
    Arthas Logs] | Azgalor Logs | Twitch | Pearl91#1607
    "I am a chemical engineer. To save time, lets just assume that I am never wrong."

Deleted
    yeah sry that off council i mean, is that any good? i mean the procc is nice but no passive int makes me wonder.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not terrible, but its not amazing for us either. Proc trinkets by and large are not very favorable for healers because it can often proc at times we don't need it too. Thats why a trinket with static stats, like the FF, or on use, like IG, are much better.

However, you could do a lot worse because mastery and int are both obviously very strong for us.
    Arthas Logs] | Azgalor Logs | Twitch | Pearl91#1607
    "I am a chemical engineer. To save time, lets just assume that I am never wrong."

Deleted
    ok thanks, but at the later bosses in hc and the 2 first bosses in mythic its not really relevant PWS will never overheal so its not important when the trinket procc u will always get a large boost, but i will try to get IG

Quote Originally Posted by Pearl1717 View Post
    It's not terrible, but its not amazing for us either. Proc trinkets by and large are not very favorable for healers because it can often proc at times we don't need it too. Thats why a trinket with static stats, like the FF, or on use, like IG, are much better.

However, you could do a lot worse because mastery and int are both obviously very strong for us.
    The DSI is 1RPPM, its actually quite good for disc, pushing it ahead of a lot of other trinkets in most situations (imo). But, yes, Felspark is probably the best way to go for an all around good 2nd choice after demonic phylactery. Intuitions gift is okay, but was obviously made with HPals in mind with the 1.5M CD. Can be used with PI for a lot of crit shields in a short time, but overall, I find it a bit lacking compared to others. Personally, I rank trinkets as follows

Phylactery > DSI > = Felspark > IG > >>>>>> Vial > Repudiation.

Although I heard someone mention to me today that the vial's leech effect is proccing off disc shields as the shields absorb damage, so that could be interesting, but likely still to fall really far behind in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Eiffel View Post
    Although I heard someone mention to me today that the vial's leech effect is proccing off disc shields as the shields absorb damage, so that could be interesting, but likely still to fall really far behind in general.
    Just tested this on training dummy. Nope. No leech.

Quote Originally Posted by Triggi View Post
    Just tested this on training dummy. Nope. No leech.
    Good to know, I didn't think they'd bother with that change, just wasn't gonna try and get one just to test it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eiffel View Post
    Good to know, I didn't think they'd bother with that change, just wasn't gonna try and get one just to test it.
    The rngods blessed me with this item through the cache. I was so happy...

Quote Originally Posted by Triggi View Post
    The rngods blessed me with this item through the cache. I was so happy...
    You can have my Vers/Haste helm, if you want, lol