How do I do better single target dps as unholy

Or alternatively, is it reasonably possible to switch to frost with my current gear?

I was kicked last night from a heroic fell lord group after many attempts apparently due to pulling around 33k in 699 gear(no rune or personal food buff). I need advice on not having circumstances like that come up.

Deleted
    Impossible to say without any logs, but i would assume you didn't bother playing BoS.

How do I get you logs? And you would be right.

Deleted
    Type your name into warcraftlogs.com

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chaoserver View Post
    Or alternatively, is it reasonably possible to switch to frost with my current gear?

I was kicked last night from a heroic fell lord group after many attempts apparently due to pulling around 33k in 699 gear(no rune or personal food buff). I need advice on not having circumstances like that come up.
    Not sure man. It's tricky for me too. On Fel Reaver I went BoS and that alone did almost 800k and I still barely made the top 10. On Xhul'orhac UH DESTROYS though!
    Percocetz Aeirie Peak Alliance- because im a F'n WEREWOLF!
    Filthy Casual

Deleted
    Some logs, talents choises, armory link might help.

Deleted
    dont use NP on single target, you also missed out on ALOT of soul reapers, uptime on DT seems pretty low, you only used AMS twice, you should be using it more to soak RP on cavatation or when the seeds explode to protect pillars
    Last edited by mmoce2b41f6135; 2015-07-04 at 03:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flow1 View Post
    Impossible to say without any logs, but i would assume you didn't bother playing BoS.
    If he does 33k with 699 itemlevel, he would only lose damage by trying to manage BoS on top of that, and would be much better off playing pl/defile or necrotic plague. While necrotic plague is slightly behind the other two on single target, the simplicity of it can often make up for it, and you can easily do great damage with it. I got 95% or higher percentile on most of the single target fights as necrotic plague.

Thats odd, I thought I was doing well with soul reap(assuming you are looking at fel lord H), though perhaps I was getting tired as the attempts went on.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleckens View Post
    If he does 33k with 699 itemlevel, he would only lose damage by trying to manage BoS on top of that, and would be much better off playing pl/defile or necrotic plague. While necrotic plague is slightly behind the other two on single target, the simplicity of it can often make up for it, and you can easily do great damage with it. I got 95% or higher percentile on most of the single target fights as necrotic plague.
    What do you prefer to pair NP with, UB or PB?

Quote Originally Posted by SlippyCheeze View Post
    What do you prefer to pair NP with, UB or PB?
    That shouldn't even be a choice as PB is really not a good talent to be using with NP considering UB does well, everything, better then it.

Deleted
    If you're playing with NP you want to maintain 15 stacks untill your UB has 10 seconds remaining on it's CD, then you can allow it to call off and reapply with UB for fast 15 stacks. From experience, if the encounter allows for AMS soaking BoS is almost guaranteed to be better if you can keep it up for ~15 seconds, which is slightly harder due to the Nitro Fuel nerf.
    If you want to play it safe on single target i'd say stick to using Defile on CD and save 5 blood charges for a Soul Reaper so you can use it off CD.
    For your pet, turn off autocast on gnaw.
    Pair your 2nd pot with 2nd gargoyle for abit more dmg.
    Another tip would be to use Blood Tap.

If you're going to suggest turning off gnaw then it's worth noting to use it when transformed. If you don't wana do that though just leave it on, costs nothing and does a bit of damage.