Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Idiot Taunts Gator, Jumps in and dies.

The Darwin award goes to: the late Tommie Woodward, of Texas.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/04/us/tex...ack/index.html

So, he taunts the gator(s), jumps in, immediately screams for help, then gets to become gator feces. What a good life.

How can a human be so stupid?!

What would truly be heartbreaking would be if they went out and killed the alligator because of this.

I don't understand that. If someone gets killed by wildlife because they were stupid as fuck, why do we kill the animal? They did the gene pool a service.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

I really hope they dont kill the gator now because of a idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    What would truly be heartbreaking would be if they went out and killed the alligator because of this.

I don't understand that. If someone gets killed by wildlife because they were stupid as fuck, why do we kill the animal? They did the gene pool a service.
    This so much.

I swear that's exactly the first thought that came to mind when I read the title. Poor animals is probably going to be killed for being a man killer when it's just a waste of space killer.

Man was an idiot who suffered the natural consequence of his idiocy.

But on the other hand, I won't mourn the death of something like an alligator either.

Warning signs is there for a reason, same with that women who got killed by a lion on a safari trip a few weeks back, she had the window rolled down when there was signs everywhere that you should keep the windows up. Dont think they killed that lion though.

15+ Year Old Account
    This is when you want facepalm memes to be flooded really.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Ye killing the animal would be a crime, it did nothing wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Warning signs is there for a reason, same with that women who got killed by a lion on a safari trip a few weeks back, she had the window rolled down when there was signs everywhere that you should keep the windows up. Dont think they killed that lion though.
    I think the worst is when such idiocy is celebrated, like the man who lived with grizzly bears in Alaska and had a documentary made about his life. And especially the public response to Into the Wild--both the book and the film. The thought of escaping society and living off in the remote wilderness is a romantic notion, but a horribly dangerous one, and people trudge off to Alaska to do just that every year.

People who grow up the state just /facepalm at the whole ordeal...most Westerners and especially Americans grow up to be so disconnected from nature that they do not have any respect for how dangerous she can be.

Its sad but its because they got a taste of human and might actually end up hurting more people.

Sympathy to his friends and family, not so much for him.

If you aren't out of your "I am INVINCIBLE!" phase by 28, well... *shrugs*
    “Nostalgia was like a disease, one that crept in and stole the colour from the world and the time you lived in. Made for bitter people. Dangerous people, when they wanted back what never was.” -- Steven Erikson, The Crippled God

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel absolutely no remorse for him. Alligators are no joke.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Deleted
    The woman should sue the state, the sign said the alligators couldnt swim!

Because the animal realizes humans are potential food source and then goes on to attack someone like, a child who doesn't know any better.

Yes its sad, but necessary.

The gator will get put down because it will now unambiguously associate humans with food, so strongly it would probably even come out of the water after one. Not the animal's fault, but still not safe to have near a human population now.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Natural selection, I'm so glad it's such an effective means to thin out the herd.
    You have no idea what natural selection is.

Deleted
    I think the problem is when they get away with such a stunt brag on the internet and dozens of people suffer because one idiot got away.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I think the worst is when such idiocy is celebrated, like the man who lived with grizzly bears in Alaska and had a documentary made about his life. And especially the public response to Into the Wild--both the book and the film. The thought of escaping society and living off in the remote wilderness is a romantic notion, but a horribly dangerous one, and people trudge off to Alaska to do just that every year.

People who grow up the state just /facepalm at the whole ordeal...most Westerners and especially Americans grow up to be so disconnected from nature that they do not have any respect for how dangerous she can be.
    Treadwell was waaaaay dumber than this guy. The gator victim probably had some misguide notion that a gator won't disturb a human in the water. Treadwell had all kinds of delusions about bear-human cohabitation. This guy also only got himself killed; Treadwell's lunacy also got his girlfriend eaten.