Highest iLvL weapon in offhand?

Lately I noticed more and more people using their highest iLvL weapon in the offhand slot? Any special reason why?

No. Maybe for specs that have offhand attacks like fury, enhance, and combat, but not frost DKs.

(Note: I'm not saying those specs should do it either, just that there's some argument to be made.)
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2015-07-04 at 08:06 PM.

Seen quite a few DW DKs do it for some reason, that's why I am confused if I'm missing something

All DW DK abilities that scale with weapon damage except Soul Reaper attack with both hands. If not for SR it actually wouldn't matter. But SR only attacks with the mainhand, so they're doing it wrong. Not a big deal by any means, but it is wrong.

My guess is they think Razorice will do more damage if the offhand weapon is better. But Razorice hasn't worked that way for a very long time, it uses mainhand damage.
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2015-07-04 at 08:08 PM.

In the past you always wanted the slower Wep in the offhand with the highest damage. But you want to make sure now that your highest Wep damage is in main hand. Like stated above for SR reasons

Deleted
    The reasoning behind that is probably that the DK isn't the main, whereas the other dual wield specs you want to have you best weapon in the offhand slot due to certain abilities doing dmg based on the offhand weapon.
    Frost has Might of the Frozen Wastes which duplicates the attack from your MAINHAND to your offhand, hence you want to have your strongest weapon in your mainhand.
    But I guess that was already made clear like stated above.

I noticed this on a few DKs this morning when I was looking through armory. Doesn't make much sense, especially when you consider SR.

Quote Originally Posted by Maaslander View Post
    The reasoning behind that is probably that the DK isn't the main, whereas the other dual wield specs you want to have you best weapon in the offhand slot due to certain abilities doing dmg based on the offhand weapon.
    Frost has Might of the Frozen Wastes which duplicates the attack from your MAINHAND to your offhand, hence you want to have your strongest weapon in your mainhand.
    It doesn't duplicate the attack as you describe. You don't get two mainhand attacks with every Frost Strike. You get 1 mainhand and 1 offhand (at 50% damage as usual). The weapon damage, runeforge, and procs from the offhand all work.

Also all the other dualwield specs don't use a better weapon in the offhand. Rogues don't; not even combat, whose mastery is an offhand attack, because Sinister Strike is mainhand. Fury can do it with furious strikes and that sims a bit higher, but most warriors perform better with sudden death. For monks it doesn't matter either way, and enhance does put the better weapon in the offhand.