Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Best talents for 4P Fury

Hey guys! New to this site i was curios on what might be the best talents be for 4P Fury T18 in the side of level 45 talents. Because Sudden Death was the best talent trough out BRF and i was wondering will it still be the best trough out Hellfire or not? Since Furious strikes seems to be the best option just because there's a chance to reduce recklessness in around 10 seconds. I was curios on your thoughts, sorry for poor spelling my English is not that good.

EDIT: Was mostly curios on your opinions towards certain talents!

I'm still running sudden death. Especially for progression where hunters will be getting tier before us unless you convince them you need it for arms. Wild Strikes sounds good but the issue is that recklessness is an awful CD without T17 4pc and losing out on extra executes is really going to hurt. Recklessness above 20% is just really really weak especially when you take away SD.

Furious strikes doesnt lower recks CD. Its wild strike PROCS that crit which will give you the CDR. Only thing thats really going to change in my mind is maybe using DR over stormbolt but thats just personal preference.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    You will get a lot of haste, especially with the class trinket. This results in a spam of wild strikes and you won't be able to spend all your rage -> SD is still better than FS.
    Go to icy-veins.com and read the guide or read the sticky for fury.

Sudden death, our rotation becomes more condense, we get more crit and haste so we get more procs and more hard hitting abilities in between. FS bloats how many buttons we need to hit to bleed off rage.

Furious Strikes actually wastes a considerable amount of rage if you are using Worldbreaker. We simply can't spend that many GCDs on Wild Strike, especially with the compressed rotation and you lose DPS due to opportunity cost (of using more BT/RB).

Best talent setups for Fury are either:

ST: SD, SB, Ava, AM
    MT: SD, DR, BS, AM

You can replace AM with Ravager or Siegebreaker circumstantially, but I don't recommend it. Ravager is good for MT when you don't benefit from reducing the CD of BS and adds live for the majority of the duration; rare but it does happen. Siegebreaker can be an ST increase, but very rarely, and almost never when using Worldbreaker. If you aren't willing to do a whole lot of prep work for every possible scenario/fight length, stick with AM.

Deleted
    Hey there and Wellcome I;m new as well

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    Best talent setups for Fury are either:

ST: SD, SB, Ava, AM
    MT: SD, DR, BS, AM
    Do you think AM is better than BB in all single target circumstances now? Do you just try and line up every other use with your other cds?

Quote Originally Posted by Wintr View Post
    Do you think AM is better than BB in all single target circumstances now? Do you just try and line up every other use with your other cds?
    You mean Avatar? Personally I do, but there are so many factors that can change that slightly either way and I haven't tested them all completely. Using T17 you should be lining up Avatar with every Reck and using it once in between; using T18 you will use Reck on cooldown and delay Avatar slightly to align it with Reck whenever they naturally coincide, but you don't want to delay Reck more than a handful of seconds, unless you are about to go into Execute phase. Plan on an average of 40s CD for Recklessness, which means you will only get one use during Execute on most encounters, two on a couple of the longer ones.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    Plan on an average of 40s CD for Recklessness, which means you will only get one use during Execute on most encounters, two on a couple of the longer ones.
    But you wont be able to reduce the cooldown below 20% since you will be executing instead of using wildstrikes unless you get proccs. i guess you wont be able to use recklessness a second time during execute phase

Quote Originally Posted by Zwackelmann View Post
    But you wont be able to reduce the cooldown below 20% since you will be executing instead of using wildstrikes unless you get proccs. i guess you wont be able to use recklessness a second time during execute phase
    Exactly my point.

So I guess I don't really understand how to play t18 fury fully? How important is raging blow vs bloodsurge? Does bloodsurge and wild strike take precedent over everything else?

Quote Originally Posted by Marleyklus View Post
    So I guess I don't really understand how to play t18 fury fully? How important is raging blow vs bloodsurge? Does bloodsurge and wild strike take precedent over everything else?
    From my understanding your main focus should be to always use raging blow when you have 2 charges and try to not ragecap at the same time. If you ragecap, then simply bloodsurge procs will take prior. But without testing the haste trinket in practice yet, Im even sure if we will have room for raging blows in our rotation if bloodsurges keep procing and we need to make sure to use bloodthirst to enrage.

It's almost as if there are class guides for this! The tier sets don't change the priorities at all, just give bonuses. Using Bloodsurge is almost always top priority as before.

Obviously with T18 we can't get enrage from Raging Blow and Wild Strike will be doing more damage and resetting Recklessness meaning it has higher priority than before, but that probably doesn't change much at all with playstyle. I've not played much with it and it's not going to be as "down to the numbers" accurate as the finalised spreadsheet but it's something along the lines of.

Get Enrage > SD Execute (depending, you can gamble with no enrage on the chance that you get another proc while you wait, or you can get an enrage and do more damage with current proc) > Bloodsurge WS > Above 100 rage WS (or situational gambling to get reck off cd) or Raging Blow 2 stacks (if you're gonna Bloodthirst next) > Raging Blow 1 stack (assuming you have nothing else to press, are enraged and you're not gonna clip Bloodthirst CD hard). If you're gonna rage cap then you would Wild Strike, especially if only 1 stack of RB is sitting there.

All Wild Strike crits reduce the cooldown of reck with T18, it's just that only Bloodsurge Wild Strikes have the bonus crit chance/damage. Fury is quite a "living" thing though and you tend to play based on the situation, my shoddy attempt at a rough rundown of the priority rotation does not begin to cover how to properly play Fury due to all the ups and downs, and all the gambles you can make.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2015-07-01 at 01:05 AM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Sucks that t18 is so bad for warriors..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Matix365 View Post
    Sucks that t18 is so bad for warriors..
    LOL checkout current rankings, Arms is top tier on most fights while Fury is smashing burst AoE. Both due to the 4pc and trinkets...

Quote Originally Posted by Jaceo View Post
    LOL checkout current rankings, Arms is top tier on most fights while Fury is smashing burst AoE. Both due to the 4pc and trinkets...
    T18 is good but you're wrong here.

Arms = Good because people don't have gear yet and the Arms 2/4set T18 bonus is the biggest dps gain in the game, meaning most people are giving it priority for progress... Arms doesn't scale well though so other classes will outgear, outscale and outclass Arms later on all but the most perfect of Arms cleave fights.

Fury = Fury is strong on AOE from using T17, you don't use T18 on AOE fights.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    T18 is good but you're wrong here.

Arms = Good because people don't have gear yet and the Arms 2/4set T18 bonus is the biggest dps gain in the game, meaning most people are giving it priority for progress... Arms doesn't scale well though so other classes will outgear, outscale and outclass Arms later on all but the most perfect of Arms cleave fights.

Fury = Fury is strong on AOE from using T17, you don't use T18 on AOE fights.
    You will be using 4pc T18 on AoE fights.... It allows you to line up every Bladestorm with Recklessness. Yes T17 = more burst but that is only once per 3 minutes. T18 allows you stack CDs every ~60s. Add to that the additional strength, crit and mastery which does cause Fury to scale very well.

We are fine with Arms now and we will be fine once everyone is geared and we switch back to Fury.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaceo View Post
    You will be using 4pc T18 on AoE fights.... It allows you to line up every Bladestorm with Recklessness. Yes T17 = more burst but that is only once per 3 minutes. T18 allows you stack CDs every ~60s. Add to that the additional strength, crit and mastery which does cause Fury to scale very well.

We are fine with Arms now and we will be fine once everyone is geared and we switch back to Fury.
    It's possible you will use T18 on fights with single target + short bursts of AOE perhaps. But any sustained AOE makes T18 pointless since you don't use wild strike for sustained AOE. That and the T17 recklessness is far stronger than basic recklessness, so if the opportunity to use Bladestorm + Recklessness does not happen on cooldown then it would be a waste. Losing the T17 2 set bonus makes meat cleaving much more of a pain in the ass.

If you looked at Hellfire Assault, T18 causes you to trade in the T17 rampaged Recklessness for less burst and it causes you to trade in the free enrages from meatcleaving, so you're bursting lower and meatcleaving becomes much more of a burden.. On top of that you now have to wild strike to reset a cooldown, but you almost never want to use Wild Strike in this situation.

T17 is superior on sustained AOE by design, the stats on T18 are nice but the bonuses are useless.