Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    lol more clueless people.
    The reason there was an item squish is because the last boss of the SoO had to heal for 100 percent of his health through out the encounter as the health he was effectively meant to have was literally not a number that the system could have.
    Its embarrassing to see how many people post on a news site and clearly don't read any of the news.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    As for the OP, yes there was a squish, but they didn't go far enough with it. They should have squished everything to the point that WOD gear started where MOP gear ended off, and made Vanilla - MoP something better then 1 - 505, which is where WoD started. If they had actually squished everything down, say to 50 ilvl per expansion, we'd have started WoD at 250 ilvl, not 505, over half as low as currently.
    That's a cosmetic thing only. Blizzard decided not to change the item levels to match the new stat budgets because they thought it might be confusing. In terms of actual stat budgets we probably are in the 2-300s instead of 700s; the item level itself is just cosmetically larger.

Quote Originally Posted by zacharyk88 View Post
    no seriously, why? If this was meant long term to stop health and damage from being stupidly high numbers, the why in the actual fuck are stats almost just as high as they were last expansion. Next expansion were gonna easily have tanks with millions of health again. So for real, why did they even bother? And they're gonna piss off a lot more people if they have to do this every expansion than finding an actual solution that works.
    And they aren't even close. People were doing 350k at the end of last tier.
    Now, 100k will be playing at a top 5 percentile.

Next expansion we will be back to SoO numbers and will be squished again after that one.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

the item squish done absolutely nothing to player power, your still as strong if not stronger, stop QQn about not seeing though 1million damage values as they mean nothing, thats all the moaning is about not seeing massive damage numbers which the game has trouble handling well, numbers mean nothing in the grand scheme of things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Boss health on raid boss fights. That was the design reason for it on their side.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Ricirich91 View Post
    Now the true sh*t was that with Cataclysm, stats have been obscenely bumped up for no reasons.

So the real scandal is the garbage that Cataclysm made to the game.

The actual "squish" line you see, should have been always the true line. Pandaria numbers were ridicolous and unacceptable. Those numbers are used by some FUN private servers...

Still I don't understand why they don't keep that damn line CONSTANT

Because if they kept that line constant upgrades wouldn't feel like upgrades.

It hasn't impacted my ability to solo legacy raids, so it doesn't bother me in the slightest.
    I'm just hoping there will be another squish soon so I can solo the Pandaria raids a little easier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkguyver2020 View Post
    It hasn't impacted my ability to solo legacy raids, so it doesn't bother me in the slightest.
    I'm just hoping there will be another squish soon so I can solo the Pandaria raids a little easier.
    Another item squish would actually make that harder. :P What they need to do to make Pandaria raids easily soloed is to activate the legacy buff within them, which as I recall is something they said they plan to do with each expansion once they're two behind (e.g. like Cataclysm is now). So expect Pandaria to get the legacy buff when the next expansion is released.

10+ Year Old Account
    Numbers were too high--Garrosh's health had to reset every phase because they literally couldn't program in any more health than he had. Item level inflation had gotten out of control, as well, which was arguably Blizzard's own fault, but the point stands. Hence, the squish.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teeahmat View Post
    That doesn't make since. As long as it continues to rise, and upgrade is an upgrade. Saying it doesn't feel like an upgrade because you didn't have a 30K jump in dps is wrong.
    Because if the line is going up linearly, each upgrade is less of an upgrade than the previous upgrade was. For example, if each upgrade gave you 10 strength (linear increase), you'd go from 10 to 20 (100% increase), 20 to 30 (50% increase), 30 to 40 (25% increase), and so on. So while, yes, they are technically upgrades, each upgrade is getting weaker and weaker so they will have less and less impact as you continue going up the line, and thus won't feel like upgrades eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    Because if the line is going up linearly, each upgrade is less of an upgrade than the previous upgrade was. For example, if each upgrade gave you 10 strength (linear increase), you'd go from 10 to 20 (100% increase), 20 to 30 (50% increase), 30 to 40 (25% increase), and so on. So while, yes, they are technically upgrades, each upgrade is getting weaker and weaker so they will have less and less impact as you continue going up the line, and thus won't feel like upgrades eventually.
    Exactly, if the increases remain that steady, then each increase relative to your previous total is lessened. Put another way, going from 100 str to 101 str is a 1% increase, while going from 200 str to 201 is only 0.5% even though it increased by the exact same amount. Hell for that matter just look at the upgrades you get while leveling these days until you hit draenor: the increases are so minor that if the item has your preferred secondaries on it, it remains your best item for over 10 levels.

Garrosh had to have ~3 phases where his health reset because they cannot exceed 2.14billion health

Currently in full BIS gear I'm doing ~100k on-pull. In full BIS SoO I was doing ~1.5mil

We're not even close to where we used to be, and we won't for another couple expacs

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    No, when you say integer relative to computer science you're referring to a data type. You aren't necessarily referring to some subset of the mathematical integers as the subset isn't necessarily going to be the same on every system. That subset is determined by the data type and system it's being run on.
    The subset is determined by the size (number of bits) used to represent the integer (as well as how the system treats signed integers). By specifying 32 or 64 bits, as we did in our previous posts, we are implicitly stating the subsets of which we speak. A 32 bit integer is the same regardless of the system. The only difference would be how the system handles signed integers (there are currently four methods). The vast majority use 2s complement, as I'm sure do the systems being used by Blizzard. You seem to have a fundamental misunderstanding of how this all works. I would suggest doing some more in depth research online or maybe taking a course at your nearest college/university.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    Immersion and progression don't matter to blizzard. Item squish killed immersion. What's the point of leveling just to get squished again after an expansion or two.
    Yeah that's how I feel about it as well. Got that idea when someone proposed a level squish. Like, at some point our level would get squished back down to level 60. At that point, you have to wonder, why did we level up to begin with? The same can be said about the stat squish. Where did our stats come from? Level and gear. We leveled up to become stronger and we got better gear to become stronger. What's the point of doing all that when they can just say "time to bring those numbers down again, now you can start over".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    yeah the game doesnt need a squish, lets just have a boss heal himself about 20 times in a fight because the game cant handle numbers of 2.147 billion, the problems can't be fixed due to the game engine needing to be remade to upgrade to a 64 bit which blizzard won't do, your character didn't get any weaker in fact it got stronger, stating facts like devs admitted it didn't need a squish without absolute evidence is pointless.

Its only stupid people who believe that the game didn't need a item squish, item power was getting out of hand and the numbers should of been around they are now instead of ten times more.

If you don't like it quit the game due to something that's completely irrelevant.
    The numbers are already displayed with a K, like 1234k for 1234000 etc. So I don't see why the squish was even needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Soul Reaver View Post
    The numbers are already displayed with a K, like 1234k for 1234000 etc. So I don't see why the squish was even needed.
    It has little to do with display of numbers.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Yeah that's how I feel about it as well. Got that idea when someone proposed a level squish. Like, at some point our level would get squished back down to level 60. At that point, you have to wonder, why did we level up to begin with? The same can be said about the stat squish. Where did our stats come from? Level and gear. We leveled up to become stronger and we got better gear to become stronger. What's the point of doing all that when they can just say "time to bring those numbers down again, now you can start over".

- - - Updated - - -

Because even though it's displayed with a K or M, the game still has to track all the numbers.

doesnt matter if there is a k, b or t instead of multiple numbers, the game can only handle just over 2.147 billion and boss health was already 2-3 times more than that at the end of MoP, so a item squish is needed, your not any weaker than before infact your chars are stronger, you can solo all the older content even easier than before and mobs at max level die just as fast as they normally would.

U need to understand the game runs on a 32 bit integer and can only handle a little over 2.147 billion, where as garrosh total health far exceeded that so he had to have multiple healing phases, if that trend continued then all bosses in WoD would have to continue that and it doesn't make for interesting mechanics when every boss has to heal themselves multiple times because dps is also too high.

the only difference is your doing 25k dps instead of 250k dps, and those numbers are completely irrelevant.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2015-07-05 at 08:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatsbybutters View Post
    Now... if it's dumb to think we get weaker when our hp, dps, hps gets nerfed and get useful abilities removed... then i'm a dumb shit. Just because everything else got nerfed doesnt mean we didnt get nerfed as well.
    It is dumb to think that way. It is not a nerf, and you are not weaker. What is the difference between hitting a boss for 100 damage when he has 10k health, and hitting one for 10k dmg when he has 1 million health, for example? Nothing, other than bigger numbers. In both scenarios you hit for 1% of his max health.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    People seem to have believed this nonsense from the very start, likely due to a complete lack of understanding of what the squish was even supposed to be and what it's goals are.

Few seem to have ever understood why things were even squished, and that the squish accomplished exactly what it was meant to do.
    So then tell me, what is the purpose of the squish if numbers are back up where they used to be 1 or 2 expansions later anyway? What's the point of even leveling up, getting gear, increasing your stats, when those stats will get lowered anyway?

They had to do the squish, because boss Hp was already above what the client could handle (They had to make Garrosh heal up 2 times during his fight).

The mistake was that they squished it to early Cata lvls, when they should have squished it down to TBC lvls again.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory