Fury elitest stat question!!

Trying to min-max my burst. Not sure if anyone can do the math on this, but would mastery pull ahead of strength if the fight was only 4 seconds long? So obviously just ALL CDs Siegbreaker execute spam. Is Strength still better than dmg increase from mastery? if so please explain to me why.

(if more details are needed...) Trying to decide between a trinket with Base Mastery or Base Strength both having the same value of 371. (with the same crap proc on each.)

(Edit) Another question, which racial would technically be the best for this? Crit bonus, tuaren or dwarf? or Orc bloodfury?
    (Edit#2) How much mastery does it take to outweigh strength?
    Last edited by Vanquished; 2015-07-04 at 04:01 PM.

First, thank you for taking the time to respond.

I see what you are saying here and think it makes sense, though i will wait on a few more responses before i totally agree that strength is always superior. That addon sounds like it will help me!! sadly i dont think it helps in this scenario when im talking about 4-10 second fights. I will defiantly download it though and use it in the future, I think the best way to get an answer from my question would probably be from simcraft, only issue is i dont know how to use it and dont think i have the time to invest on figuring it out.

- - - Updated - - -

This brings another question, How much mastery does it take to outweigh strength?

- - - Updated - - -

noone knows?

If you are talking about the pvp trinkets which have the same amount of strength as mastery, get the strength one. It's a no-brainer.

Complete fail itemization that they value 1 mastery = 1 strength.

Would you care to enlighten me how 3%+ increase on dmg during burst is worse than 300 or so attack power? Keep in mind this is purely a 1 shot scenario, its only a no brainer because someone told you strength is better and im wondering how it is, exactly. Did not have to belittle me.

1. The passive mastery from the trinket is not a relative +3% increase in damage, because you will already have mastery from other gear. So the character panel can be misleading.

e.g. if you have 40% buffed mastery and a trinket puts it to 43%, the actual relative increase in damage when enraged would be 1.43/1.40 = ~2% increase, not 3%.

2. Strength is more valuable than mastery, point for point. You can use simcraft and see the numbers. Your average damage-per-cast for everything will be higher with strength than mastery, both when you are not enraged (obviously) and even when you are enraged with all CDs up.

Rule of thumb... if you are trading X strength for X other stat, strength always wins.

And I was not jabbing you, I am saying the itemization of the trinkets is completely stupid and imbalanced. This was also a problem with S1 pvp trinkets. The mastery trinket should have more mastery to make it actually worth considering.
    Last edited by apoe; 2015-07-06 at 12:54 AM.

Thank you very good reply i greatly appreciate it.