Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Warcraft movie with Warcraft remake?

I should probably post it in one of the threads regarding movie...

Anyway, lot of people seem to think that Blizzard will release another WoW expansion near movie premiere... and I don't think that will happen. But can't we find something better to release alongside the movie? If I am not mistaken, they said on Blizzcon (2013?) that they were working on something related to older Warcraft games... wouldn't it be great opportunity to release complete remake of Warcraft: Orcs and Humans? With modern graphics etc and with story rewritten to include all those retcons they made in the meantime. I think that would make sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would rather see a wacraft 4
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Entirely within the realm of possibility, though considering WoW is the cash cow that it is, it would make more sense to try to release a new expansion along with the movie - simply because if you did a remake game like the old Warcrafts, you only get a boat load of one time $60 purchases (or however you price it) - while an expansion could potentially net the same amount of customers, with the bonus that they would be spending an additional $15 a month.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Yeah. But as long as story develops through WoW, there will be no Warcraft 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Eternal View Post
    Entirely within the realm of possibility, though considering WoW is the cash cow that it is, it would make more sense to try to release a new expansion along with the movie - simply because if you did a remake game like the old Warcrafts, you only get a boat load of one time $60 purchases (or however you price it) - while an expansion could potentially net the same amount of customers, with the bonus that they would be spending an additional $15 a month.
    Maybe. But there would be little connection between that movie and next expansion, WoD would fit this sort of connection far better as we see Blackhand, Grommash and Durotan here and they will be in movie too.
    Last edited by randomnamegenerator16; 2015-07-07 at 11:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    World of Warcraft is Warcraft 4.

Shocking!

Maybe they could make Warcraft 1-3 stand-alone expansions for Starcraft 2, I'd be fine with that.

They could add stuff like War of the Ancients and other missing stories to those, too.

Shocking!
    Then we want Warcraft 5 :/
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

I would certainly hope so. It's been 25 years since the original game and to release the remake with the movie would tie in nicely.
    I always wanted to play the original 3 games, but my PC simply isn't in state to handle 2 decades old software, without going in DOS mode and I can't be arsed with it.

It can also be made in SC2, or atleast WC3 graphics.

Quote Originally Posted by Jshadowhunter View Post
    It can also be made in SC2, or atleast WC3 graphics.
    That's something I didn't think about... but yeah, such remake would be almost certainly made on modified SC2 engine. On the other hand, Heroes of the Storm also uses modified SC2 engine. Thus, assets created for Warcraft remake (buildings, hero models etc.) could be re-used afterwards in Heroes of the Storm.

Shocking!
    No.... no it's not....

And I'd rather not have a remake. Because they will completely destroy the story by trying to make the Orcs good guys.

Warcraft IV ignoring the events of World of Warcraft makes the most sense to me at this point, it needs to continue after The Frozen Throne, perhaps 10 years later, with Arthas ready to invade the world.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    A remake might be interesting. I'd rather just see HD versions of WarCraft 1 & 2, maybe one through three.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by reffan View Post
    I don't know about that. They already release novels that have story development, they could do that in the form of an RTS. For example imagine an RTS that covered Garrosh's escape from prison and the 2 years he spent building up his forces in Draenor. Or an RTS that covered whatever's happening on Azeroth right now and Queen Azshara's rise to power (in the event of an Eye of Azshara expansion being next). It'd also be a great way to expand on aspects of lore that don't get enough spotlight in the MMO.

Why? Just make an story between two expansions. Link them with books (like before), with some cinematics (WC3-WoW style), and a new quest-chaoin intro that talking about what happened "between" this expansions.

Really, that's not really hard to accomplish.

Quote Originally Posted by Solarnova View Post
    Warcraft IV ignoring the events of World of Warcraft makes the most sense to me at this point, it needs to continue after The Frozen Throne, perhaps 10 years later, with Arthas ready to invade the world.
    That would be like pulling One More Day from Spiderman. Nobody's gonna be willing to swallow the thought of tossing 10 years of lore progressiion out the window.

Deleted
    Warcraft Movie: The Game

10+ Year Old Account
    HD rereleases of the classic RTSes seems like a safe bet to coincide with the movie release.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jshadowhunter View Post
    That would be like pulling One More Day from Spiderman. Nobody's gonna be willing to swallow the thought of tossing 10 years of lore progressiion out the window.
    It might go down better if Warcraft 4 is treated as taking place in an Azeroth that branched off from our own (which in turn could be used to set up WoW2, to establish a clean slate for new players to jump in without too much required reading, should the need ever arise). There'd be the usual AU grumblings, but alternate-continuity stuff tends to draw curious crowds, at which point a solid story and good gameplay can keep them hooked.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

I always assumed that there will be Warcraft remake or something when I first saw that there's option
    to sign up for Warcraft beta. They will do something most likely. Remake or WC4... I welcome with open arms anything of those.

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    It might go down better if Warcraft 4 is treated as taking place in an Azeroth that branched off from our own (which in turn could be used to set up WoW2, to establish a clean slate for new players to jump in without too much required reading, should the need ever arise). There'd be the usual AU grumblings, but alternate-continuity stuff tends to draw curious crowds, at which point a solid story and good gameplay can keep them hooked.
    PLEASE no more alternate universes.

Blizzard is experimenting with current business models, I'd like them to try the 'episodic' model by making a free Warcraft expansion (units, buildings, multiplayer) for Starcraft 2 and then add campaigns for money over the years.

Not only it would provide players the lore you'd only get by reading the wiki, but it would also be an opportunity for the writers to finally put everything together without holes or 'non-canon RPG book information'.

Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Make Warcraft 3-2.
    Not Warcraft remake.
    We need a new RTS!