Poll: What do you think is the most important about your partner?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I picked other, I value my fiancee's emotional stability. We're working across huge gaps in culture, age, education and language, but nothing really shakes her.

Beauty -- subjective, but she and Wen Ming-Na look close enough for me to keep blinking when I watch Agents of SHIELD, and I knew her before I ever saw it. Wen Ming-Na is 20 years her senior, but she doesn't get the advantage of studio quality makeup and photography.

Intelligence -- there are many ways to measure this. She manages to understand me despite the various gaps mentioned above, and to get me to understand her. I call that not bad.

Income -- she is a moderately successful small business owner.

She does well enough on all three, but her emotional stability trumps all of them. She doesn't panic, she doesn't give up, she doesn't surrender. She is calm and rational, but also warm and honest.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

10+ Year Old Account
    the only important thing for me and my wife is we are each other's best friends. i can share everything with her and vice versa. i guess this is the key for a 10+ years relationship like ours, then again, i am not a relationship expert nor do i care really
    war does not determine who is right, only who is left.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    And you won't date the sexist women on the planet if all she can do is blankly stare holes into the air and starts randomly drooling.

He already said that certain minimum requirements is what most people need.
    Bad comparison. No people are actually that stupid, unless they are mentally handicapped. But extremely ugly people actually do exist. So when you're talking about minimum requirements, for imtelligence, almost everyone fulfills them. For looks, not.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Reading it again might solve further questions.
    And not being an arrogant ass might help you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Do you like... have a thing for Draenei? Is this thing like one of those "the worst homophobes are just so deep in the closet" things?
    /hides draenei bookmarks. i repeat DRAENEI ARE SINFUL AND EVIL. *whistles innocently.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

15+ Year Old Account
    Good looks indicating of high fertility to grant my offspring the best possible genes.

10+ Year Old Account
    I could date an ugly person or a person with low income, but I could never date a dumb person. Intelligence and personality above all else.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Brains being more important than looks does not mean looks are totally irrelevant.

I'm a heck of a lot more likely to date a smart/"ugly" person than a pretty/vapid person.
    Hah, I'm entirely the opposite. Only with a threshold for both parts. I wouldn't date either of those, but between smart/average and average/pretty, I'd choose the pretty one.

I voted for good looks, since I feel it's important to be attracted to your partner. However a women who's sexy, intelligence, successful, and loyal, is the holy grail.

10+ Year Old Account
    There has to be a degree of physical attraction, it doesn't have to be everything but my dad told me "You have to be able to wake up, look at her face every morning and be happy". Now for me I won't date someone who is extremely overweight and ugly, just has to be my version of average. My current gf exceeds in the looks department and while that is good it isn't everything.

What matters most is her personality and loyalty. I can't date someone who pisses me off all the time and I can't date someone I can't trust. With my current gf I had no problem with her going to Vegas with her cousins for two weeks and her going out to a club every now and then (club is like once every two months or three). Those are the two that matter the most to me. Being able to trust her and knowing she won't annoy me all the time.

I was also told as a joke by an elderly man "Her looks will fade with time, her meatloaf will stay the same"

7+ Year Old Account
    As long as they aren't from Europe. Lol so groce

Big booteh!

No, but seriously I'd say it's an equal split between intelligence, looks and other (clicking). Basically, I need to be attracted to the person, which comes from comes from looks and intelligence, and I need to "click" with the person in order for it to be more.

10+ Year Old Account
    i have a question for people who picked good looks. is that what is important in the beginning or in the long run....cause looks start to go away in your 40's and 50's.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Understanding and communicative.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    and what will you do once you get older and that no longer happens?
    You can't get too old for sex, thats bullshit!

I think there are lots of baselines people go for. It's not really just one at the expense of the other, but which baseline you hold highest. Like one person might require intelligence at least 2, looks 5, emotional stability 3, probably won't stab you in your sleep 4; while another might require intelligence at least 6, looks 3, emotional stability 4, probably won't stab you in your sleep 6
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good looks, if theres no sexual attraction then there is no reason to pursue any relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    probably won't stab you in your sleep
    Damn it. THAT'S what I've been doing wrong all this time!
    [22:14] <+Lia> And why is Ruken molesting trees?
    [22:14] <@Rukentuts> Because they give me wood.
    [22:14] <+Lia> ...
    [22:14] <+Lia> worst pun ever
    [22:15] * Rukentuts boughs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tj119
    Good looks, if theres no sexual attraction then there is no reason to pursue any relationship.
    But isn't that a bit of what the poll is about? I find wit, cheer and a solid emotional base more interesting -- and thus more sexually attractive -- than someone who has honed a look in her twenties that probably won't hold up over the years.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

Deleted
    I'm confused by the poll options..

do I vote (female) looks if I'm a guy and into women or do I vote (male) looks because I am male and I care about my female partner's looks?

O.O
    Last edited by mmocb78b025c1c; 2015-07-17 at 09:24 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Initially it's looks followed by personality. Income isn't something I'd give even a seconds thought if it's someone I like.