Poll: Should mogging get a facelift?

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amulree View Post
    1) Fix the rules. Some of them, quite honestly, make absolutely no sense and the decision behind some of the restrictions cannot be any more than arbitrary.

2) Create a wardrobe. Rather than having to keep every item, create a wardrobe that saves the item you’ve collected and let you browse to it.

3) Implement dyes. Tired of finding a great piece, but having it the wrong colour? Dyes solve the problem, and make more items fit together.

4) Create progression. Putting transmogrification into the achievement system could provide gear unlocks and titles for committed moggers to chase.
    Those are good ideas. Always amazes me how creative the WoW community is, and how disappointingly little Blizzard makes from those iseas.

I do hope they improve the current system and take ur input into consideration.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    I support this idea if we didn't get dyes. If we got dyes, then this doesn't really matter much I think - void storage serves fine for that.
    Personally, I don't think void storage even comes close to being enough for some collections.

Quote Originally Posted by Luftdot View Post
    I'm against dyes because that's how GuildWars generates cash, I don't want to give Blizz more ideas. It also wouldn't work because colours are what separates the raid difficulty tiers. What they should do instead is allow players to re-run old content in LFR difficulty so that access to those colours doesn't get lost.
    Would you support an item on a higher difficulty unlocking all colours of lower difficulties? I think that's quite an elegant solution overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    Holy Paladins don't exist either, and it's all because Blizzard changed the class design. But 2H Paladins as a design came late, and they really mess up the whole tower shield issue, as they give up the shield in the first place. Offensive Paladins goes against what Paladins even stand for ... defending.

Saint George is defined not with the 2H, but the sword and shield, for example. The 2H player wasn't a Paladin, he was at best a Fighter, but 2H combat fell mostly on polemen/skirmishers (who attacked cavalry). Paladins would be on warhorses; the heaviest armor; sword and board all the way (heavy infantry).
    2H paladins did not come "late" to the Warcraft design. Paladins in Warcraft have always been powerful healers, and since Warcraft Three they have always been shown to use two-handed weapons.
    Crusaders in real life didn't have magical powers. Saint George is not a Warcraft character, Uther is. Uther is who you look at to see what Paladins are in Warcraft. He is the archetypal Paladin.

All the other Paladins in WoW follow suit. Uther is filled with holiness and knows restraint, heals his allies and can render them temporarily invincible, and uses a might two-handed hammer. Tyrion Fordring (his successor) is a powerful crusader of justice and wields a legendary two-handed sword with the power to smite the undead. Maraad (and his successor Yrel) is the unstoppable fist of the light, whose iconic two-handed hammer is forged from a chunk of crystal blessed by the Naaru themselves, WoW's equivalent of angels.
    The only notable Paladin in WoW who carries a shield is Yrel, who is very new to the scene, and even she usually keeps it on her back and wields her weapon two-handed.

Paladins are defined by their implacability, and by being infused with the light, that aids them in healing and in defeating evil (particularly demons and the undead).
    Paladins in WoW are at their most iconic with no shield, and two-handed (typically blunt) weapons.

I do not give a single shit what your idea about what Warcraft's paladins are is if it is not based on the game you are actually talking about, which has existed for literal decades. It has created its own nuances about what each class is meant to represent and doesn't need to draw from any other source. The version of Paladins shown in Warcraft is the correct depiction of Warcraft's Paladins, not one from Pathfinder or Dungeons and Dragons or Star Trek or The Crusades or Shadowrun or Lord of the Rings. Warcraft.
    Last edited by Imnick; 2015-07-07 at 02:14 PM.