Poll: Which feature was/is better

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    I loved the ranch. It was important and meaningful while also managing to not be mandatory. if you did not want to cook, you could ignore it. or you could buy the mats on the ah and bypass all the rp stuff if it was not your thing.
    I felt connected to the characters and liked all the little goodies, friends and additions you could get for your farm. It gave me something to do without it ever feeling like i had to do everything or i would fall behind in a core aspect of the game. I could skip it on my alts while doing absolutely everything on my main and when i decided to stop using the farm, it was not a big issue.
    By the end of the xpack i kept my home set there. it was nice. the phased area was small enough to keep me connected to the rest of the world while being large enough to give me my own little quiet corner to chill in. most of the important features like repairs and the bank were located elsewhere so i still had to go out into the social areas of the world.

Farmville > semi-automated menus.

Quote Originally Posted by Teeahmat View Post
    I don't like either. People say ranch wasn't mandatory, but it sure as hell felt it. It was a lot of rep and profession good being wasted if you didn't.
    The ranch didn't outpace farming to the degree that the garrison does. Part of this has to do with flight being removed, but the other part is the garrison simply offers more on a per character basis than the ranch ever did.

When they added rep quests to the finished farm, it was a catchup. If you needed it, then you did it. If you didn't, then you didn't care.

Quote Originally Posted by SylviaDragon View Post
    I loved the ranch. It was important and meaningful while also managing to not be mandatory. if you did not want to cook, you could ignore it. or you could buy the mats on the ah and bypass all the rp stuff if it was not your thing.
    I felt connected to the characters and liked all the little goodies, friends and additions you could get for your farm. It gave me something to do without it ever feeling like i had to do everything or i would fall behind in a core aspect of the game. I could skip it on my alts while doing absolutely everything on my main and when i decided to stop using the farm, it was not a big issue.
    By the end of the xpack i kept my home set there. it was nice. the phased area was small enough to keep me connected to the rest of the world while being large enough to give me my own little quiet corner to chill in. most of the important features like repairs and the bank were located elsewhere so i still had to go out into the social areas of the world.
    I couldn't say it better myself. And oviously I voted for ranch. I wish something like that would be implemented in next expansion with more customisable options.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

I thoroughly enjoyed Sunsong Ranch. It made cooking fun. It was rewarding but still optional.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gracin View Post
    I like the Garrison better, although there are some major issues that need to be addressed moving forward with it.
    Like taking a hundred gallons of gasoline in a vat suspended above a hundred pounds of high explosive, and a very, VERY long fuse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gracin View Post
    I like the Garrison better, although there are some major issues that need to be addressed moving forward with it.
    Moving forward? Garrisons need to be left in Draenor and never come back again!

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't like either.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥