Holy priests worse than ever?

So there has been a lot of debate going into 6.2, especially around our tier and class trinket. Combined with fact we were already weaker than other healers, it seems that, that divide has spread to a huge margin going into mythic. Usually holy priests start off strong during mythic and get progressively weaker as the raid goes on but as you can see here https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/8#metric=hps . Holy priests going into Mythic are a country mile behind any other healing spec.

Is there anything that I am missing here or is this going to turn into another SoO situation of holy priests being completely useless for 2 end expansion raids in a row?

Deleted
    You have to be very careful analyzing that data. There is very few data.

Only 91 logs (at the moment) from holypriest. Means that at your 95th percentile there are only 4-5 holy logs. This is a huge statistical uncertainty. Better take a look at 80th or 90th percentile. But still, very huge uncertainty.

You also selected "For all item levels". At the moment the resto druid is on top by far. I was very surprised when I saw that first. But when you click through each bracket you will see that the disc is first for each bracket but not for the nearly highest bracket 709-711 where any data is recorded for. Druids have the highest score in that bracket. That druid score represents only 2 logs in this 95th percentile. I am sure that those 2 druids that did amazing hps completly pushed the druids overall score far higher than it should be. This will change in a few days when some more mythic kills are recorded.

The second lowest score for discs seems to me some wrong calculation by the warcraftlogs site caused by too low statistics or sth.

Because of those reasons I would say that the heroic HFC metric is the only one worth discussing about until more mythic logs are recorded. Taking a look at this one: warcraftlogs.com/statistics/8#metric=hps&difficulty=4&timespan=1000 (sorry, Im not allowed to post full links). This actually went the way I expected it. Holypriest were doing just as good as the other healers beside disc at the beginning of 6.2 (hps wise) and fastly dropped when first healers got access to their T18 bonuses or class trinket. I actually expect it to spread even more when more healers get their class trinkets and 4pc while holypriests will only take their 2pc.
    Last edited by mmoc3dd8f9cb62; 2015-07-07 at 01:45 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy could use a slight buff in numbers and I'm still waiting for the inevitable trinket overhaul but holy is by no means worse than ever or not viable. It is a viable spec that can still do competitive HPS with good mobility and a raid CD.

Quote Originally Posted by Alynee View Post
    Because of those reasons I would say that the heroic HFC metric is the only one worth discussing about until more mythic logs are recorded. Taking a look at this one: warcraftlogs.com/statistics/8#metric=hps&difficulty=4×pan=1000 (sorry, Im not allowed to post full links). This actually went the way I expected it. Holypriest were doing just as good as the other healers beside disc at the beginning of 6.2 (hps wise) and fastly dropped when first healers got access to their T18 bonuses or class trinket. I actually expect it to spread even more when more healers get their class trinkets and 4pc while holypriests will only take their 2pc.
    Another thing to note is the number of parses for each spec. Holy Priests and Resto Druids to a lesser extent have their representation drop relative to the other specs. It makes sense though, because those two are considered the weakest specs, and it seems that top-end guilds with access to other healers simply choose not to bring a Holy Priest or Resto Druid to raid.

Deleted
    There's nowhere near enough mythic logs yet. As for heroic logs, disc priests will always come out on top in low hps fights, while absorb heals are truely great, meters only highlight their ability to heal-swipe. Holy palas have their niche, I prefer to compare with resto druids, resto shamans and mistweavers. We holy priests do tend to come out behind, and in heroic logs this stands out more in some of the higher hps fights like Valhari and Gorefiend.

Agree, we're viable, but could use some buffs. Certainly not worse than ever, still better off in general than we have been for the last 2 expansions...

Some of this is still pretty skewed since we are so early on in the gearing process and no guild that knows what they are doing is giving a holy priest tier first.
    Once you get the Socrethar trinket and either the leech trinket or the Hellfire assault trinket you will have infinite mana and you will essentially become a rdruid since haste is so good this tier. Renew spam is back and better than ever.
    As for the state of holy I would argue that we are in a much better spot than we were in Blackrock and certainly this isnt Siege 2.0

Holy's strengths depend a lot on the style of fights that are made (similar to druids we just get punished more if the fight is a certain style). In soo and to a degree in blackrock their weren't a lot of "saphiron" style fights (fights with just consistent raid wide dmg coming) and it was mostly just huge spikes of "cooldown or bust" damage.
    In HFC the reliance on raid cooldowns is diminished VERY heavily and the places it does show itself (gorefiend) the rest of the fight is a solid healing check to where holy priests can still shine. Our raid utility has actually been able to shine which is a nice change of pace! Guardian Angel is actually finding legitimate uses on Tyrant(its so op for the marks) and Fel lord (glyphed for both).
    Yes our tier sucks and yes our trinket REALLY sucks but the fact is we dont need those to be viable. Archimonde drops extremely high ilvl cloth gear with amazing stats for us and we are bathing in trinkets that just extend our mana pool to the end of the earth. Holy has always been the healer that can stand alone w/out cooldowns and bust out INSANE numbers with only mana as a constraint. The fights in HFC certainly allow us to do that and the gear only furthers this.
    (being geared last sucks though I know im still not allowed to break my t17 4pc /cry)