Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    =
    And how do you know how many bonus rolls people have left? .
    epgp tracks it and announces who rolled and what did they got in guild chat - inluding how many rolls left player has albeit i alwasy seen it as nice side info not something which should be tracked.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cetraben View Post
    Don't join dying guilds?
    there is no way telling if guild is dying - it really can happen overnight - in brf mythic one of guild that one of my friends used to raid with got 2 new mythic bosses in one week and then suddenly overnight imploded -_-
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2015-07-09 at 12:45 AM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyldbob View Post

Raiding is not for loot, loot is for raiding. The point of raiding is not to get loot, the point is to have fun. Loot allows you to have more fun, by helping you get to more content.
    Not true when things like split raids exist (although it doesn't apply to most of us). Cutting edge progression requires proper loot distribution, for example butcher mythic due to its tuning
    start9

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    Not sure why is it annoying. That is the logical thing to do. If stuff you need drops, you won't waste your seal.

If half the raid needs the same goddamn item, it's a bit presumptuous to think that you're the one who's going to end up with it unless you're running a DKP or DKP-variant system.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    So glad I gave up on this game. Monitoring bonus rolls really? Is loot that vital?
    Loot and progression go hand in hand. You can't do one without the other. It becomes ever more important as skill levels drop and you need to outgear a boss to kill it rather than out skill it.

We just did personal loot for the last few bosses in HFC, loved it. Got WAY more loot that way.

When i was raid leader i always encouraged people to use bonus rolls on weapon/tier/trinket bosses before assigning loot when there were more people in raid who could use it.

It really isnt hard to understand that the better geared your raid is, the higher your chances are on killing bosses. and why do you play the game? to get yourself decked out as fast as possible with loot or to kill bosses? it's also good for group atmosphere when everyone does it

We said, People are encouraged to use rolls in heroic because we need it for mythic progress and don't save them for later bosses in mythic.

Vanq users try and focus a bit more on coining tier because we have a lot of very good 4p pieces in vanq and a lot of people want it so any coin vanq items we can get will help a lot.

Apart from that it's just Gratz on your bonus roll and jokes about healers getting geared from coins and stealing mvp dps trinkets.

Quote Originally Posted by dean771 View Post
    The only think I take note of is people bonus rolling after loot as been distributed, super annoying
    Druid, Hunter, Priest token drops. No druid, no hunter, 1 disc priest. He's been at 3/4 for a month, has to use his coin and gets his 4/4. Oh, now here's another tier token for grins.

Bullshit.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Druid, Hunter, Priest token drops. No druid, no hunter, 1 disc priest. He's been at 3/4 for a month, has to use his coin and gets his 4/4. Oh, now here's another tier token for grins.
    Think it's pretty obvious to everybody here, that that wasn't the scenario he was referring to. Think more along the lines of "Weapon or Trinket that you and 5 other players need drops".

Also, he was saying "rolling after loot has been distributed", not "saving coin for later boss". If you were going to coin for said item, fucking do it before the loot has happened, instead of saving the coin so that you can coin something "else" later if you just so happen to win said item.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

Nope. Not one bit. We simply don't care. We trust them to roll on stuff that is an upgrade. We just expect them to show up with the coins, rather then having to leave to go get them.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Sounds like people have no trust in their raid leader/loot distribution method. Most of this is common sense and basic logic so I guess most of the community has major issues understanding. I presume most players begin by reviewing the loot tables, figuring out which bosses present the most/best upgrades and plan rolls accordingly with an understanding of what bosses you'd be able to clear each lockout. If someone in your raid has to monitor rolls and babysit, perhaps your raid needs to refocus. It shouldn't particularly matter if your loot council is competent or you can trust your raiders not to abuse dkp.

To say that a roll is 'wasted' is also a faulty line of logic. If you coin an item and it drops as well - someone else gets an upgrade too. If you used your bonus roll on it then the item must really be worth going after and a chance at socket/wf still has value. If no one else needed the item or you rolled before reviewing what dropped then you should be more aware of your raid if you care that much.

Deleted
    In my opinion, bonus rolls is a personal thing. People will tend to use it for weapons, tiers and trinkets but for the most part, the raid leader should have no influence on what people use their bonus rolls for. It's up to the player.

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post

Bullshit.
    1. There is no Druid,Hunter,Priest token. In fact all 3 of those classes are on separate tokens.
    2. Why would the priest coin that boss then if he is guaranteed to get that piece? Unless a trinket and some other useful pieces were also on the loot table.
    Frequent Poster on Fluid Druid, The best Feral community out there

My Character

I think it comes down to the group you play with. I'm the loot master for our current guild (8/10M + 10/13 HM) and I think everyone understands the goal is to progress as a team. We used personal loot for the first week in order to get the most drops possible. The second week we used Master Looter on tier bosses only so we could send the tier items to people needing specific slots and ensured nobody got duplicates. We used Personal Loot on the other bosses so we could get the maximum amount of loot and would hopefully get lucky with trinkets. This week we went strictly Master Looter.

When I give out loot I look at the following:

2pc / 4pc completion (with dps > Tank/healing priority, although if someone has 3pc we might finish off a healer or tank early)
    How large the upgrade is (I feel I do enough research on the classes/items that I'm pretty familiar with BiS setups)
    Performance (who can use it the best)
    Amount of loot they have received lately (to be fair)

As far as bonus rolls, most people in the raid know who needs what item before boss so they know if there are 2+ people that need an item and only a single one drops that they should roll. I can honestly say we only recruit people that we enjoy playing with and fit in to the guild so loot has never been an issue and people respect each other. The atmosphere is much more enjoyable when we're making noticeable progression between raids (we have limited time being only 2 nights/3 hour raids) so everyone knows that if the gear goes to the right people in the right order this will be possible.