Better to push normal or heroic?

My guild can get up to Gorefiend on heroic but I feel like we can go so much farther on normal. Now would that be a better idea with the legendary quest chain in mind? Get tomes of chaos faster&eventually unlock the port to mannoroth and farm archimonde to upgrade our rings ilevel every week then push heroic.

Would that be better or pushing on in heroic for higher ilevel loot?

Depends on where your guild stands. You are right in thinking that the boss kills for potential tomes are incredibly valuable and I would definitely recommend clearing 13/13 on some difficulty every week.

But without knowing your guild I would say that if you are hung up on Gorefiend week 3 it would definitely be worth going into normal. The gear from there is really strong and if you clear 2 weeks worth of normal and have ~50% of your raid with important set bonuses/trinkets/weapons (assuming your loot is distributed where it should be) you should be in a good position to push through heroic.

There are a lot of guilds this tier that are just bum-rushing into heroic and really wasting a lot of time because they think they're too good for normal, but if you are looking long-term normal is worth clearing in most cases. Without split runs H-Archi is bordering on impossible with 1 or 2 weeks of gear which means it would be at least 3 weeks until people start getting Archi trinkets which is just a waste.

We were 10/10H with 13 full clears of BRF(H) and did not do BRF(N)
    We chose to go into HFC(N) first and are 12/13 and should be getting Archimonde this week.
    This will be a long tier, and we are not in a huge hurry.
    We understand the fights and are having more fun than struggling to progress in heroic.
    The personal loot is dropping gear like a monsoon. I haven't gotten a good weapon yet, but I have gotten 3 tier pieces and both trinkets that are bis(N). We wouldn't be doing nearly so well if we had skipped normal.
    Last edited by Vaerys; 2015-07-08 at 04:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you aren't a cutting edge guild I don't see a problem with progressing and finishing normal before you do serious heroic progression. Unfortunately many and even my own guild think too highly of themselves and want to jump straight into heroic progression and bang their head against a wall when we could have a much easier time in normal. The normal upgrades, especially from the later bosses and trinkets/set bonuses even from normal will go a long way to help ease the difficulty of heroic.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    If you aren't a cutting edge guild I don't see a problem with progressing and finishing normal before you do serious heroic progression. Unfortunately many and even my own guild think too highly of themselves and want to jump straight into heroic progression and bang their head against a wall when we could have a much easier time in normal. The normal upgrades, especially from the later bosses and trinkets/set bonuses even from normal will go a long way to help ease the difficulty of heroic.
    I wouldnt even say you need cutting edge. My guild was 7/10M and jumped into heroic and went 10/13 first week and 12/13 the Wednesday of second week. It is certainly possible, you would absolutely have needed a good amount of mythic gear though.

H-Arch is of course a huge cockblock but im confident another week of heroic loot will have him fall.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Albimoo View Post
    I wouldnt even say you need cutting edge. My guild was 7/10M and jumped into heroic and went 10/13 first week and 12/13 the Wednesday of second week. It is certainly possible, you would absolutely have needed a good amount of mythic gear though.

H-Arch is of course a huge cockblock but im confident another week of heroic loot will have him fall.
    My guild was only 10/10H BRF with some mythic cache items and they think we can go 8/13 or something. Like pls I love em to death but I just want to full clear normal

7+ Year Old Account
    If you have cleared heroic BRF you should be sitting around a 690ilvl, Normal should be cake up until Archi. Once you get stuck on Archi just move to heroic.

Also it is smart to do both if you have time, double dip tier sets to max out gearing potential.
    "Tell them only that the Lich King is dead... and that World of Warcraft... died with him..."

You pug normal.
    Heroic is progression for a vast majority of guilds.
    Individuals pug normal to get extra tier. Don't waste your time doing normal outside of the last few bosses to have everyone learn them if you are really struggling.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    You pug normal.
    Individuals pug normal to get extra tier. Don't waste your time doing normal outside of the last few bosses to have everyone learn them if you are really struggling.
    That depends on the guild, if they feel they are stuck in HC, why not go clear Normal? Would be faster than pugging, and it will give them set bonuses that will boost performance.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Lots of people seem to think "Heroic is progression. Normal is not progression." If you haven't cleared normal then how the hell would you know? If normal is so damn easy then quickly clear it to get tier sets. Except that most guilds who weren't mythic BRF guilds have some stupid notion that normal is below them while they struggle on the first few easy bosses of heroic.

Thanks for the input guys
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    That's the problem I think we'll face, no one likes the idea of going a difficulty down
    Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    You pug normal.
    We're a very casual guild and most people would not be able to pug it on their own and while that wouldn't normally be an issue, the legendary ring effect being affected by others is what makes me think that it would be better to do normal as a raid group so we all progress together at the same pace, get our rings at the same time roughly.

Tbh, depends highly on your guild.

Mine for example is a casual F&F guild. Our goal each tier is clearing HC. So we are not really on a hurry. We just walk around nm till we get to a serious roadblock (usually last boss) and then start on hc.

Later, with HC gear we go back to last boss both nm and hm.

If you dont intend on doing mythic modes there's no point on rushing content, unless you're serious on WF first, wich if you dont do mythic you aint.