Thread: UK Budget 2015

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Budget is great.

I pay less corporation tax and the rate at which you start paying taxes has increased.

By this time 2020 my tax bill will go as low as 5%! This is why contractors love the Tories

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Conservative policies are not conducive to economic welfare, so...no.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikesglory View Post
    Na, gotta be that Londoners are just idiots.
    I was right!

For those that think living on ESA is easy its not. I have type 2 diabetes, chronic fatigue, Fibromyalgia and depression , ive had jobs but find it hard when i am tired all the time.

Most benefit scroungers featured in the news are the exception not the rule.

I challenge the Tory MP's to live on £70 a week instead of being paid by the tax payer. Also stop subsidising 2nd houses if they live with in 90 minutes of their 1st house.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinictus View Post
    Budget is great.

I pay less corporation tax and the rate at which you start paying taxes has increased.

By this time 2020 my tax bill will go as low as 5%! This is why contractors love the Tories
    Ummmm... what? I contract through a personal ltd company and I definitely haven't managed to keep my tax bill down to 5% O_o.
    Last edited by mmocccd4d485ac; 2015-07-09 at 01:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikesglory View Post
    Ummmm... what? I contract through a personal ltd company and I definitely haven't managed to keep my tax bill down to 5% O_o.
    I said by 2020.

Last year I managed to get her down to 8%

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinictus View Post
    I said by 2020.
    Easily convinced aren't you? I suppose you were going on the fact that the Tories kept all their promises they made at the last election.

Quote Originally Posted by Mapathy View Post
    For those that think living on ESA is easy its not. I have type 2 diabetes, chronic fatigue, Fibromyalgia and depression , ive had jobs but find it hard when i am tired all the time.

Most benefit scroungers featured in the news are the exception not the rule.

I challenge the Tory MP's to live on £70 a week instead of being paid by the tax payer. Also stop subsidising 2nd houses if they live with in 90 minutes of their 1st house.
    Don't bother. It's not that these people don't understand it is that they don't actually care. For many people who are on ESA, disability benefits or hell people temporarily on JSA should just go die in a ditch or something so their moneys will be in their pockets and not being used to help people that need help.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Don't bother. It's not that these people don't understand it is that they don't actually care. For many people who are on ESA, disability benefits or hell people temporarily on JSA should just go die in a ditch or something so their moneys will be in their pockets and not being used to help people that need help.
    Fuck me for wanting to keep more of the money I earn right?

Deleted
    http://www.theguardian.com/business/...e-off-says-ifs

just so you can see where the Tory policies actually hit

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    God forbid that something unfortunate befalls you and you have to live off benefits.

I dont have kids, i dont get tax credits, i dont claim housing benefit. Im well under the cap and i dont spend my benefits on booze or cigarettes, so how is it im demonised by the masses?

Deleted
    God forbid that something unfortunate befalls you and you have to live off benefits.

I dont have kids, i dont get tax credits, i dont claim housing benefit. Im well under the cap and i dont spend my benefits on booze or cigarettes, so how is it im demonised by the masses?
    I don't have kids, I don't get tax credits, I don't claim housing benefits, I earn just over the average salary for the area I live in. Why do I feel like I need to apologise for wanting to keep more of my own money?

Deleted
    If you're over 25 and have had good fortune in your life, yay!

Everybody else, fuck you! you're fucked! you could be a hard working labourer since the age of 16 but fuck your wage and just fuck you and fuck you again.

I don't have kids, I don't get tax credits, I don't claim housing benefits, I earn just over the average salary for the area I live in. Why do I feel like I need to apologise for wanting to keep more of my own money?
    Because one day you might need the system and it wont be there to help you.

Were all in this country together.

Yes Fuck you. You didn't earn that money out of a vacuum you had help through the society you live in whether either a few people nearby or as large as the entire world.

Heaven forbid there be people out there that try everything they can. Make all the right choices and get fucked over by things outside of their control.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ula View Post

Everybody else, fuck you! you're fucked! you could be a hard working labourer since the age of 16 but fuck your wage and just fuck you and fuck you again.
    I've been a labourer in warehouses since I was 16, I come off better from this budget. Try again.

- - - Updated - - -

Because one day you might need the system and it wont be there to help you.

Were all in this country together.
    The system isn't going away, and never will in the UK, it's integral to our way of life and what our society stands for. What irks me is people on that system telling me and other people in work that we should feel bad for having more to spend.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Yes Fuck you. You didn't earn that money out of a vacuum you had help through the society you live in whether either a few people nearby or as large as the entire world.

Heaven forbid there be people out there that try everything they can. Make all the right choices and get fucked over by things outside of their control.
    I've paid into the system since I was 16 years old, I don't bitch about taxes, I bitch at people on benefits telling me that I can't have more money or that I need to give more money.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    This is usually a sign wages should be increased... not that welfare should get cut.
    The problem with this is that it would just lead either to the country becoming less competitive and hence more job losses or to inflation and hence devaluation of the currency. Economic systems have feedback mechanism that make it very hard to do anything.

The biggest problem with the level of welfare payments has been housing benefit. This has artificially pushed up the price of housing as it is not dictated by tenants' ability to pay but by what the State can pay, which was essentially unlimited.

People complain that this leads to benefits claimants being forced out of expensive areas but in effect the previous policy has already made it impossible for many workers to live in those areas as they can't compete for housing with those that are being paid for by the State.

In reality the only way out is to produce more accommodation and force the price of housing down through supply but the current government's track record on this is pretty abysmal!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    lol do you guys not see how bad it is over here in the US

" • Student grants for poor young people to be axed and replaced with loans""

^ How is that remotely a good idea?
    This isn't quite a big a thing as it seems...

Most people only have loans already and the only grants left are for 'maintenance', ie for living expenses with a maximum of about $5000/year.

Deleted
    I've been a labourer in warehouses since I was 16, I come off better from this budget. Try again.
    You completely miss the point.

This is ageism. Two workers on a factory line. This is their job, their livelihood. One is 24, the other is 25.

One is earning minimum wage, the other is earning living wage. Do you not see the problem?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Melanithil View Post
    Why do I have to fund bankers? Why do I have to fund wars? You have a disturbing list of priorities if children are the first thing on your list.
    You'll probably call me a monster but try to process an idea where we could use less humans on this planet.

Deleted
    You completely miss the point.

This is ageism. Two workers on a factory line. This is their job, their livelihood. One is 24, the other is 25.

One is earning minimum wage, the other is earning living wage. Do you not see the problem?
    You didn't say that in your original post though.

"If you've had good fortune" Good fortune for what? To have a job? Everyone over 25 will be entitled to it. That 24 year old? In another year he'll be entitled to it. It doesn't matter what "fortune" you've had, if you've got a job, you've got the wage.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    You reap what you sow.

I suppose the silver lining is that poor people might only have to live with this for 5 years... might.
    Yeah, I can't wait for Labour to get back in and spend 5 years doing nothing but reversing all the policies of the previous government so that in 10 years were back where we started. That sounds great.

Deleted
    Did you read that in the Sun?