Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Why is Mewtwo before Mew?

So I found my old pokemon yellow game and was going through a nostalgic moment when it hit me.
    Why is mewtwo before mew on the pokedex??
    And why is mew refered to 151?
    Its meant to be the ancestor of all pokemon so I never got it :P

Well as a kid I dont think I cared that much bout it back then :P

Because Mew wasn't meant to be catchable in the game. He's a supersecretrareultrachocolatecoveredfudge pokemon.

Pokemon are named by what they say, but numbered in order of discovery.

I'm just making that up but it seems to make sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because Mewtwo is actually in the game, Mew can only bet gotten through cheats/gameshark or the gambler glitch.
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cause Mew wasnt supposed to be catchable in the first game? Like Gunner_Recall said.
    ''Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack'' -Sun Tzu

I always looked at it like "Mew wasn't discovered before (Poképersons name here) already made the chart"
    Or sommit.
    Bladestorming without trousers since 2009.

tl;dr:
    one of the developers secretly put mew into the game after all the development

Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
    Pokemon are named by what they say, but numbered in order of discovery.

I'm just making that up but it seems to make sense.
    following that logic mew ought to be before mew because mewtwo is mews clone
    <start epic wow theme>
    A world of limitless adventure. We cast the lords of shadow and flame back into the abyss.
    <more epic wow theme>
    We held the line against the rising tide of death itself.
    <epic music peaks>
    We have endured the breaking of the world.Now we face the Destroyer and we will end him.
    <cue Bennny Hill music>Pandas! Pokemon!

Deleted
    mew was given only by trade in special pokemon events that only took place in Japan (something that still happens for new gens and pisses off a lot of people)

it was supposed to be a "secret" but since the goal of the game was to get all 150 pokemons, and mewtwo was in game, you needed him to be 150#

Quote Originally Posted by Harakan View Post
    mew was given only by trade in special pokemon events that only took place in Japan (something that still happens for new gens and pisses off a lot of people)
    Mew was given out at events in the US back in the day. not sure about on the new gen of games though

it was supposed to be a "secret" but since the goal of the game was to get all 150 pokemons, and mewtwo was in game, you needed him to be 150#
    Mewtwo was #150.

Mew was 151, friend.

10+ Year Old Account
    mew was given only by trade in special pokemon events that only took place in Japan
    We actually had that in Norway
    I still have Mew from it, on my Pokemon Blue!

15+ Year Old Account
    What are you talking about, theyve had events to give out event-only pokemon in the US, Canada, Korea, Australia and parts of Europe for the last 8 years.
    Last edited by -Ethos-; 2011-05-16 at 08:15 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because you encounter Mewtwo first.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

Offtopic: I like how Pokemon is on it's 14th or something season and Ash is still 10 years old, makes complete sense.
    i5 2500k, GTX 660Ti , Asrock Z68 Pro3-M, 8GB RAM

Few weeks ago a kid was showing me this pokemon book and if i remember mew is listed at 151. so id go with they are numbered as they are discovered
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantheal View Post
    I on occasion take a dump in the shower so I don't have to wipe but never pee in there. That is just gross!

10+ Year Old Account
    Mewtwo was cloned from a hair of Mew, so Mewtwo was infact discovered before Mew. (Or so I have been told)

Object of the game was to catch all 150 Pokemon. Mew was only obtainable through events that gave him out, gameshark, and the few that new the easter egg on how to actually catch Mew the legit way which as stated above as the "gambler glitch" which I believe to actually just be an easter egg rather than a glitch.

Quote Originally Posted by gunner_recall View Post
    Mewtwo was #150.

Mew was 151, friend.
    Which is exactly what he said?

BTW: Anybody else think that Mew looks female or am I alone with this?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ComradeNorton View Post
    Offtopic: I like how Pokemon is on it's 14th or something season and Ash is still 10 years old, makes complete sense.

I like how the Simpsons is on it's like 22'nd season or something and Bart is still a crappy kid, grandpa is still alive, lisa is still not in college, homer hasn't had a heart attack, Marge hasn't started to sag, and Maggie is still a baby, makes complete sense.

I like how Family guy is on it's 9th season and Chris and Meg are still in High School, Brian is still alive, Stewie is still a baby, and Louis is still a cartoon "milf", makes complete sense.

I like how South Park is on it's 15th season and all the kids are still in elementary school, makes complete sense.

See what I did there? I can't think of any animated show which noticeably ages it's characters much, even after many seasons. Does it make sense? I guess it doesn't, but is it supposed to make sense? No, it's not.
    Last edited by Krekko; 2011-05-16 at 08:48 AM.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature