Page 1 of 16
... LastLast
    Deleted

Woman guilty of Canning Town 'paedophile' killing

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-33483744

Essentially a woman was arrested after killing a paedophile. This opens the discussion of vigilantism and it's limits. Personally I am against the death sentence but am more lenient on vigilantism within reason. I'm glad the woman was arrested and but disappointed she wasn't sentenced because I feel the moment vigilantism crosses over into grotesque violence you're no better than a criminal yourself. I however suspect a large % will support her actions

Deleted
    Funny, you can be a serial killer, a terrorist or a rapist in the USA. As long as you don't touch children, you're ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Banomatic View Post
    Funny, you can be a serial killer, a terrorist or a rapist in the USA. As long as you don't touch children, you're ok.
    This story is about a case in London...

If she caught him red handed and attacked him to protect the boys I'd be perfectly ok with it but the way she did it was simply pure murder and she should be locked away.

Deleted
    I don't agree with what she did and I think she should suffer the consequence but I'm not sorry that it happened.

Deleted
    That guy was ... 77 years old o0

She just could have waited a bit longer I guess.

But seriously, killing someone with a knife this way needs some real issues and murderous intend. She got lucky for getting away this easily. That is just sick!

7+ Year Old Account
    dont feel sorry for him

How is this not murder but manslaughter?

Her mentality was completely "I found out my neighbor was a pedophile so I killed him" and that's manslaughter?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vea Lea View Post
    dont feel sorry for him
    He served his time, was he abusing anyone after his jail time? If not that would point to reformation, so what would killing him serve?

Yeah.... /sigh

The moment you say you are ok with it, you have to ask, when is it not ok?
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Deleted
    Remember the guy was only a suspected paedophile on bail awaiting trial. He very well could've been innocent

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-33483744

Essentially a woman was arrested after killing a paedophile. This opens the discussion of vigilantism and it's limits. Personally I am against the death sentence but am more lenient on vigilantism within reason. I'm glad the woman was arrested and but disappointed she wasn't sentenced because I feel the moment vigilantism crosses over into grotesque violence you're no better than a criminal yourself. I however suspect a large % will support her actions
    I side with you here. We have a justice system for a reason. I am ok with her subduing him and keeping him in submission until the proper authorities arrive, but I do not side with someone murdering a person in the heat of vengeance.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

That was 1st degree, she got off easy.

Remember the guy was only a suspected paedophile on bail awaiting trial. He very well could've been innocent
    I remember there was a cab driver who touched the leg of a 15 year old boy who was upset and crying and was arrested in a pub for it.

Sands was found guilty of manslaughter by reason of loss of control.

Guess he met the wrong person. Sure he was a disgusting person but he was 77, the odds of him molesting another child were pretty minimal.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    How is this not murder but manslaughter?

Her mentality was completely "I found out my neighbor was a pedophile so I killed him" and that's manslaughter?

- - - Updated - - -

He served his time, was he abusing anyone after his jail time? If not that would point to reformation, so what would killing him serve?
    should have be locked in prison for the rest of his life

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    I side with you here. We have a justice system for a reason. I am ok with her subduing him and keeping him in submission until the proper authorities arrive, but I do not side with someone murdering a person in the heat of vengeance.
    Exactly

What's worst is the guy was already under police radar and awaiting trial. There was no logical reassuring behind her actions

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    I remember there was a cab driver who touched the leg of a 15 year old boy who was upset and crying and was arrested in a pub for it.
    That is crazy! We live in a scary world.

"Pleasted had previously been convicted and served time for other child sex offences."

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Sands was found guilty of manslaughter by reason of loss of control.

Guess he met the wrong person. Sure he was a disgusting person but he was 77, the odds of him molesting another child were pretty minimal.
    She went to his house with a knife, if this guy wasn't a pedophile but was on charges of anything else barring murder or rape, she would have been charged with murder.

The issue I see here is that crimes aren't treated the same when they're committed against people who are deemed bad by society.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vea Lea View Post
    should have be locked in prison for the rest of his life
    You seem to be reacting with your emotions, rather than thinking about this without personal bias. Take a step back, and try and detach yourself from your feelings, and think about this in a more legal manner.