Help on H Socrethar

Hello,

I've read some of the posts here regarding Socrethar, and have tried to relay it to the guild. However, we're still having serious issues on it. At first glance, it seems like our Construct person is doing it wrong, but I'm not sure exactly what. Logs below:

Night 1: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...s=1794&wipes=1
    Night 2: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...s=1794&wipes=1

Greatly appreciate any advice.

let socrethar go back to p1 right before the 3rd dominator would come out. have two dps deal with ghosts (while construct puts fire down of course) and your DKs rotate grips pulling the dot-applying adds into the raid.

if it takes more than 2 phase 2s to do this, your dps is too low

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marolen View Post
    let socrethar go back to p1 right before the 3rd dominator would come out. have two dps deal with ghosts (while construct puts fire down of course) and your DKs rotate grips pulling the dot-applying adds into the raid.

if it takes more than 2 phase 2s to do this, your dps is too low
    It actually won't take more than 2 phase 2s to do it. On their best attempt the boss was at about 21% hp before transitioning back into phase 1. I am not sure if the construct is focusing the shadowcallers but it seems like he does a decent amount of damage to them. Those can easily be handled by the group as they don't have too much help and that frees up your tank to put full work on the spirits and the boss.

Quote Originally Posted by tinef View Post
    Hello,

I've read some of the posts here regarding Socrethar, and have tried to relay it to the guild. However, we're still having serious issues on it. At first glance, it seems like our Construct person is doing it wrong, but I'm not sure exactly what. Logs below:

Night 1: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...s=1794&wipes=1
    Night 2: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...s=1794&wipes=1

Greatly appreciate any advice.
    I'm the construct in my guild runs. All I do is place about two lines of fire so they create one longer line. I use fel prism once, maybe twice. Any extra ghosts are kited through the super long line of fire (this will require the whole raid to stand at the end of the fire so the ghosts don't get kited out) and the ranged finish the ghosts as they come in range.

This allows me as the construct to focus my efforts on dps. DKs grip in the shadowcallers and I help nuke them down. When the second dominator spawns I think your 3min cds are back up and we bloodlust. The first dominator doesn't require lust cos there's no extra adds to worry about and he dies in seconds.

Have 3 melee (warriors priority with rude interruption glyph) rotate interrupts.

You should get him doing that. But honestly, construct only needs a few lines of fire and one prison and just dps after that. Cleaner, easier. All the attempts we wiped on I was making heaps of fire and trying to prison every ghost wave buy it's too hard and less time dpsing the boss.

Deleted
    Phase 1 (1): Burn Construct
    Phase 2 (1): Have construct drop fire (but not prisons) to slow the adds. Ranged on adds and have construct DPS the boss/dominator. Transition boss before 3rd dominator.
    Phase 1 (2): Finish off whatever ghosts are left over from the previous phase, nuke construct.
    Phase 2 (2): Ignore ghosts entirely and have the construct put them in prisons instead. Tunnel boss/dominators until they're dead. Since the dps requirement on ghosts is gone your damage will be much better on the boss, so a good time to BL.

I was in the construct for our guild's kills. Pick up another healer to be safe, you guys have a lot of deaths due to Gift. Your Construct carries your damage, that one extra dps isn't really going to matter. If your DK tank is in for more pulls, have him/her start gripping in adds. Have 3 melee interrupt the Soul, and make sure your ranged dps are interrupting the Callers.

For the Construct, place one fire line, and then start to wail on the Soul. Make sure you're swapping to the Dominator ASAP. Spam Reveb on CD, it looks like you aren't. Every other set of ghost I placed a fire line just to be safe. What we found to work was placing one Ranged DPS on the spirits full time, destro is really strong here. Throw the orb when they spawn, and then on CD until they die. You can throw it from melee, so there's no need to move out, except for fire lines.

Tell the melee that they shouldn't be dying to reverb in p1, there's no excuse. If you're making melee soak, just have your tanks not waste a CD on the first cast (AM is enough) and then waste Wall/IB/Fort on the second. If DPS is up to snuff, you won't have your starting tank take another set of Reverb. Tank 1 will take Reverb 1/2, and then Tank 2 will take Reverb 3/4. Your monk can Zen Med the Reverb damage if they don't have Fort/Guard.

Lust on the first Dominator, three minutes on the second, and the pot on the third. The third one spawns during a Apocalypse cast if I'm not mistaken, so pots should be enough.

Obviously everyone should be stacked up under melee, and with the recent hotfix, no one should be instant gibbed if your tank is afk.

Thanks everyone for the advice! We killed it this week, with the pushing back to P1 strat after 2nd dominator.