Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    "Sylvanas is hot-headed enough that Vol’jin getting the killing blow on Garrosh would have caused massive infighting amongst the Horde" every part of this statement is very false.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I think either Vol'jin or Thrall should've carried out the execution on Garrosh regardless of the Alliance's feelings on the matter - much less Taran Zhu's. I have a lot of respect for Taran Zhu and the Shado-pan, and even limited respect for the leadership of the Alliance, but ultimately I consider this an internal Horde matter that should've been resolved decisively by application of the Doomhammer (or suitable alternative) directly to the cranium. Thrall had a commander of the Horde summarily executed right on the battlefield for consorting with the Legion not that long ago, I fail to see why Garrosh and his misbegotten union with Y'shaarj's latent essence should be treated any differently.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

With no magic, Vol'jin would have a hard time beating Garrosh, as while he is a brilliant and powerful fighter, Trolls aren't as well-built as Orcs. With magic though, a shadow hunter (with monk training and probably shamanistic skills too) would have a thousand ways to kill someone. See how quickly Gul'dan turned Grom helpless. All his strength counted for nothing against a good CC spell.

Quote Originally Posted by Teerack View Post
    "Sylvanas is hot-headed enough that Vol’jin getting the killing blow on Garrosh would have caused massive infighting amongst the Horde" every part of this statement is very false.
    Yeah, she wouldn't have cared much. She never does.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosstafa View Post
    With no magic, Vol'jin would have a hard time beating Garrosh, as while he is a brilliant and powerful fighter, Trolls aren't as well-built as Orcs. With magic though, a shadow hunter (with monk training and probably shamanistic skills too) would have a thousand ways to kill someone. See how quickly Gul'dan turned Grom helpless. All his strength counted for nothing against a good CC spell.
    But in combat 1vs1 not only brute strenght matters, but skill and agility aswell. Carine despite old age was easily avoiding Garrosh attacks and was beating him badly. Vol'jin i not only shadow hunter - a class that is incredibly skilled in melee/ randeg and voodoo magic, but also he passed monk training.

And trolls can take havy beat up and not be that much affected by it. There are two quite lovely examples on Draenor.

Bwu'ja who appears in draneor campaign got heavily beaten by the ogres when one used soulgrinder magics on her, but the moment she is set free she quickly regenerates and comes back to fight ogres.
    and Kajassa who was fighting party of warsong raiders (I think there was 6 of them) at once. 6 bulky Warsong warriors against one troll female shadow-hunter.

And besides I think people hugely overrated Garrosh battle skills, He always fought like oaf, and he only managed to get Taran Zhu was because the latter got his foot stuck.

And didn't Varian bested him in duel too?
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

15+ Year Old Account
    Metzen wouldve ran into his office crying and lock the door behind...outright refuse to come out of there because the other "meanie" devs ninjad his character's kill.

He would have proceeded to cry and curse in orcish...alot.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    But in combat 1vs1 not only brute strenght matters, but skill and agility aswell. Carine despite old age was easily avoiding Garrosh attacks and was beating him badly. Vol'jin i not only shadow hunter - a class that is incredibly skilled in melee/ randeg and voodoo magic, but also he passed monk training.
    You cant compare Garrosh when he was just learning to fight with Gorehowl still, to Voljin after his monk training. At that point in time where Vol'jin got his monk Training, Garrosh was just as good as Varian and beat the Master of monks: Taran Zhu into the dirt like a bitch.

And besides I think people hugely overrated Garrosh battle skills, He always fought like oaf, and he only managed to get Taran Zhu was because the latter got his foot stuck.
    He took Taran's chi blast foot thing or whatever its called to the chest and didnt even move. It was obvious that Garrosh had been honing his skills alot from Cata to MoP

And didn't Varian bested him in duel too?
    In their latest duel Garrosh was just as fast and skilled as Varian, only the ship that they were fighting on sinking ended their duel, but Varian was surprised on how fast Garrosh was.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    You cant compare Garrosh when he was just learning to fight with Gorehowl still, to Voljin after his monk training. At that point in time where Vol'jin got his monk Training, Garrosh was just as good as Varian and beat the Master of monks: Taran Zhu into the dirt like a bitch.
    He took Taran's chi blast foot thing or whatever its called to the chest and didnt even move. It was obvious that Garrosh had been honing his skills alot from Cata to MoP.
    Beating Taran Zhu is not a big deal, he sucks as we players saw in MoP, he trained his entire life to fight the sha, and as soon they appeared he was among first victims
    It's like count killing Manaroth, he get axed for breakfast these days
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

He took Taran's chi blast foot thing or whatever its called to the chest and didnt even move. It was obvious that Garrosh had been honing his skills alot from Cata to MoP

In their latest duel Garrosh was just as fast and skilled as Varian, only the ship that they were fighting on sinking ended their duel, but Varian was surprised on how fast Garrosh was.
    So the match would be even I suppose.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    Its surprising how many people don't realize how skilled Garrosh became by the time of MoP, Probably because no one wants to read the books.
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    The only thing that would be even would be Vol'jin. He would be even with dirt level.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    The only thing that would be even would be Vol'jin. He would be even with dirt level.
    Know what is also near the dirt? Podlings, devious creatures capable of fooling even brave Alliance soldiers.
    Last edited by Friendlyimmolation; 2015-07-20 at 06:11 PM.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Know what is also near the dirt? Podlings, devious creatures capable of fooling even brave Alliance soldiers.
    Wow, lol'jin and podlings sure have alot in common. Physical strenght included. Thank god, vol'jin don't come in such a numbers tho. Sadly, trolls as race do.

I would like to think Vol'jin would rather try to fight Garrosh 1v1 then kill him after he was beaten into submission by 25 other people.
    Implying Vol'jin has any courage in him. Even directly after the beatdown Garrosh received in SoO he would still probably whoop Vol'jin's ass 1v1.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosstafa View Post
    Yeah, she wouldn't have cared much. She never does.
    Yeah the only time she ever couldn't control herself was with Arthus because of how personally he wronged her.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I think either Vol'jin or Thrall should've carried out the execution on Garrosh regardless of the Alliance's feelings on the matter - much less Taran Zhu's. I have a lot of respect for Taran Zhu and the Shado-pan, and even limited respect for the leadership of the Alliance, but ultimately I consider this an internal Horde matter that should've been resolved decisively by application of the Doomhammer (or suitable alternative) directly to the cranium. Thrall had a commander of the Horde summarily executed right on the battlefield for consorting with the Legion not that long ago, I fail to see why Garrosh and his misbegotten union with Y'shaarj's latent essence should be treated any differently.
    I picture Vol'jin trying to finish off a beaten Garrosh ending much like the fight between Oberyn and the Mountain.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    Beating Taran Zhu is not a big deal, he sucks as we players saw in MoP, he trained his entire life to fight the sha, and as soon they appeared he was among first victims
    Garrosh was able to defeat Taran Zhu thanks to a couple of very fortunate/favorable circumstances, not only the unusual place in which they fought (never Taran Zhu's feet would have planted itself in standard ground like it did in the bridge's wood) but also to Garrosh exploiting the equivalent of a second weapon (the iron chain) to grab the pandaren's neck and pull him right onto his weapon. This last thing alone would have invalidated even the most "permissive" of the Mak'goras.

For the rest, Taran Zhu was capable to disarm Garrosh, a warrior, in 8-10 seconds of fighting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

10+ Year Old Account
    For the rest, Taran Zhu was capable to disarm Garrosh, a warrior, in 8-10 seconds of fighting.
    And was dumb as shit to not expect a fist to the face, I'm guessing the dumplings cut off all circulation to Taran'Zhu's brain after he spent months planing a "your dad" joke on Garrosh.
    Holy shit lol

What's with all these weird Garrosh boners going about. Dude sucked.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gourmandise View Post
    What's with all these weird Garrosh boners going about. Dude sucked.
    I like Garrosh because he was blunt, and because he got shit done.
    Holy shit lol