Thread: Be honest..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I used to pvp in WOW, but (I think) Blizz messed things up with the new talent system. It just hasn't been the same since then. I was hoping for a recovery in WOD, but it just hasn't happened. They put all their WOD pvp eggs into one basket (never a good idea) with Ashran and it is safe to say that it has totally flopped. For pvp now I play GW2. It doesn't have the outdated and silly gear grind, the devs are truly dedicated to pvp in that game and it gives you the freedom to play around with a lot of different builds. For the x-pac they are adding guild v guild pvp (strongholds) which should be crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by SeeingEye View Post
    Is PvP in WoW broken/boring now? I hear people hate PVP in WoW now or are untrue whines?
    I don't know if I like PvP, because all that happens when I go into PvP is 20-40 minutes of being a spirit. Hard to learn or practice much in that state.

If I got a chance to learn - I might like it, but that doesn't seem likely.

Deleted
    It's funny how the theme has a lot to do with honor, fair play, loyalty and everything else that is there to romanticize violence. Yet the PVP-devs seem to behave and support the opposite, pretty much rewarding players for cheating and creates advantages they know people can't resist paying for.

At least I feel some sort of disconnect between the theme and how they treat PVP and this will get even more ridiculous when the movie comes out.

It's kinda fun to imagine that Holinka's inability to act could have a slightly negative impact on the movie. People getting so sick of this shit that they will wait for a copy online, or the br release, although they had plans watching it in the theater and drag others to see it with them.

yes, it has been since cataclysm launched, it will not be fixed

PvP is pretty boring in WoD.

The only new thing they added is Ashran. Individual player skill ceiling for many specs is also lower than before, side effect of ability pruning.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by SeeingEye View Post
    Is PvP in WoW broken/boring now? I hear people hate PVP in WoW now or are untrue whines?
    TBH, it has been broken from my perspective (casual PvPer) since Wrath when PvP gear became common which made gear more important than skill. PvP gear became more common and impactful in BC, but it wasn't until Wrath that the gear became paramount to playing PvP.

I have a hard time saying that it is any more broken in WoD than the last several expansions. Blizz thought they were cutting down on cc by combining some of the cc into fewer groups. This resulted, from my experience, in no real difference (again, casual PvPer).

I'm happy with the state PvP is in atm. Burst, healing and CC are in a good place, balance is nothing out of the ordinary. Of course Ashran is a travesty and the faction imbalance is a red flag, but fuck Ashran and faction imbalance will always exist when it comes to pvp.

I loved last season, save for RMD which was frustrating as hell to play against I had a lot of fun.

This season killed my will to play with mandatory ashran / rated bg and the RNG gear. Also, right now, mages, warlocks and boomkins are far too powerful and any comp envolving a combination of 2 of those is not fun to play against.

Quote Originally Posted by Banomatic View Post
    *WW monks, shadow priests and elemental and enhancement shamans don't do anything in pvp. No, wait, shadow priests are padding numbers in bgs as long as no melee even looks at them.
    That's simply not true.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    I'm a Challenger/Soldier scrub (top 35% rated pvp [which I would like to add, is only 10% of wow actually pvp's rated]) - and I'm fine with everything. I main a HPal this expansion and I am also glad for the nerfs to us. Btw, the damage is super heavy right now, like 4 second deaths from full health+buffs+decent ass challenger/soldier gear. Crazy haha

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I love PvP. I like PvE.

That said, this xpac ruined both.
    Hey guys look apparently PVE is ruined! lol good one kiddo

10+ Year Old Account
    I have done what was impossible for my side (Horde) to have ever done prior to 6.2 (excluding beta of course) in Ashran. Kill Tremblade. Not just once, not just twice, but three times. I love how Ashran is now because nobody can cheat the system.
    No 40 man premades steamrolling pugs .
    No 120+ people in there overcrowding everywhere.
    No group loot bullshit that makes you lose that Draenai tail or Alliance supply chest key or super-epic awesome item that dropped from an npc.
    No demoralized group because your group keeps getting roflstomped at every event without a small boost to help give a comeback.

No, they fixed it; they should have done it since the beginning and the damage may be done to most people for their viewpoint on Ashran, but it is actually enjoyable now. In there for an hour or two, and I have my 500 conquest + some trading post items + honor to make some money.
    "Why of course the people don't want war…. But, after all… it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

Deleted
    I love PvP. I like PvE.

So LFR and dungeons right? I'd say the raiding is some of the best its ever been, the PvP on the other hand is arguably the worst its ever been.

Casual pvp is broken and I think strongboxes/Ashran rewards are the problem. From the looks of things, that is the main reason people run Ashran, otherwise it might not be as popular since it's pretty awful. Thinking back to Wintergrasp which I didn't think was amazing either, it still felt more like a option rather than a necessity. Winning gave you got a dungeon buff + access to a easy raid boss, or bosses you can kill once a week. It even had stuff to destroy which was kinda fun. Ashran has none of that. There is nothing in Ashran where you feel like "wow I want to do that!".

There is bad design going across many things this xpac, on bright side the raid content has been pretty good.

Deleted
    gotta admit PvP in Guild Wars 2 is far better and balanced!

I dont think wow pvp is broken. If you read these forums you will see a lot of people disagree but rarely give specific examples. You can read a thread about how damage is too crazy right now then another about how every arena match is going into deep dampening. As for the PvE side things seem great. Although I am not a big fan of the new zone. For PVP I figure I will list the good and bad in my opinion.

Bad:
    1. Forced ashran participation- Whether its to max out your conquest or get specific items you shouldn't force players to do a specific type of content to maximize potential in the one they want to do. (like not having a raid boss in ashran for pve'rs, I thought they learned)
    2. Alliance migration- For what ever reason the pvp population fluctuation to alliance is not good for random queues (alliance) finding players for arena or rated BG's (horde).
    3. No new BG's/Arena's- With the focus being on ashran it really only added this new type of never ending bg. It can be fun but I dont see people logging on to go have fun in ashran it's usually going back to number 1. With a new bg or arena in the rotation its something everyone can enjoy randomly (but we didn't get any).

Good:
    1. Skirmishes-Sometimes I dont want to look for a group or dont have friends online and I just want to do some arena.
    2. Gear changing based on spec-Not so much for solid dps classes but for druid/shaman this makes it so much easier to swap around specs and play what I want.
    3. Ashran- While it did fail quite hard and I don't like to be forced into it the idea of it shows they are looking into new ways to have fun in a PVP fashion. Minus the queues the area is in quite a good place now.

Those are just a few things I dislike and like. You cant really dig into class balance as there are so many non pvp aspects it involves but all classes have at least one great spec and some have 2. Seems better than it was in MOP to me.

I think there is a large amount of players experiencing a form of burnout where no matter what they were given it would have made them believe they should have received something better or no what changes were made they should have done something else.
    Last edited by Reveries1; 2015-07-13 at 10:44 PM.

I love PvP. I like PvE.

I feel like I've seen this post since I started playing the game six years ago. I'm not remotely qualified to talk about the current state of PvP myself, but it just feels like people are always complaining about how "broken" PvP is no matter which season or which expansion.

I hadn't done an Ashran until recently. At the beginning of the xpac the wait times were forever - I've sat in ques over 1 hour and just given up. Then last week I got a bug to try it (I'm back for 6.2), got an instaque, and it was amazing! It was so much fun. Both sides were fighting each other, with several amazing pitched battles at events. Horde (my side) won, and it was an awesome experience.

So take that for what it's worth OP.
    "I don't always play my warlock, but when I do, I prefer destruction."
    - The Most Interesting Player in the World . . . of Warcraft

Quote Originally Posted by Banomatic View Post
    *Melee shitting all over ranged classes.
    This made me laugh. Affliction warlock and Frost mage is some of the most OP specs right now. And Hunters are always good.

Deleted
    Only reason i play atm is for pvp

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Christhammer View Post
    This made me laugh. Affliction warlock and Frost mage is some of the most OP specs right now. And Hunters are always good.
    Never really played that much 6.2, but, are you just exaggerating that? or did Locks and Mages get buffed to OP status?

Cause I know Warlock/Mage/x was really really good last season.