Pandaren Monk
    7+ Year Old Account

Favorate Star Trek movie?

What is your favorite 2-3 Star Trek movies? Put them in order and explain why. Are there anything that you disliked about your 3?

The Original Series films
    Star Trek: The Motion Picture (1979)
    Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan (1982)
    Star Trek III: The Search for Spock (1984)
    Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home (1986)
    Star Trek V: The Final Frontier (1989)
    Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country (1991)

The Next Generation films
    Star Trek Generations (1994)
    Star Trek: First Contact (1996)
    Star Trek: Insurrection (1998)
    Star Trek: Nemesis (2002)

Reboot films
    Star Trek (2009)
    Star Trek Into Darkness (2013)
    Star Trek Beyond (2016)

Mine would be
    #1. Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan (1982)
    I love this movie because its really the beginning of a tight 3 episode series of movies. It has excellent space combat scenes and very memorable quotes. I remember watching this as a kid and being totally shocked to see Spock die at the end......it caused a HUGE uproar for ST fans. One thing I really disliked about this movie was the fact you had no idea who Khan was unless you watched the series.

#2. Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home (1986)
    It was something very different with most of it being back at Earth vs in space. This is hard for me to justify being in #2 but I just seem to like it. The fact that they fly around in a stolen Bird of Prey is probably helping some. I also love that they dedicated this movie to the Challenger astronauts. It was a nice gesture. One thing I really hate about this movie though is the whole save the animals theme.

#3. Star Trek III: The Search for Spock (1984)
    Cant stress how stoked I was to see Spock come back and how it was going to happen. I was totally excited to see Klingons as the antagonist, that just says watch me because I contain space battles. Also, it wrapped up the Genesis storyline which I was always curious about what happened to the planet. The thing I disliked about this movie was the pace of it. It seemed slow when not concerning Kirk and the crew.

1)First Contact. Borg, Picard being awesome, an atmosphere that at times is almost like a horror movie(one of my favorite genres)...can't go wrong.
    2)Voyage Home
    3)Undiscovered Country or Wrath of Khan, depending on my mood

10+ Year Old Account
    1. Star Trek I never watched Star Trek before so this was new grounds for me. And this movie got me hooked and I love JJ Abrams' work
    2. Star Trek Into Darkness Benedict Cumberbatch. That's all that needs to be said.
    3. Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home

1. Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home: Kirk and Spock were always my favorites in the original Star Trek series. They played off each other so well. I especially liked the interpersonal dynamics between them in this movie, as well as how whales were worked into the plot. I was watching the seaQuest DSV series around the time I saw this movie, and had developed an interest in whales and dolphins, lol, so I thought it was cool how that was worked in.

2. Star Trek (2009): It was interesting how this movie interpreted the original Star Trek characters. There was a lot of action, and while I'm not sure I liked this version of Spock, it did make the movie more interesting.

3. Star Trek Into Darkness (2013):
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Petyr Baelish View Post
    2. Star Trek Into Darkness Benedict Cumberbatch. That's all that needs to be said.
    Pretty much. I really liked Benedict Cumberbatch as Khan, it made me almost want Khan to win, lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think first contact was the best of the startrek films, but i liked most of them. Even though I am a big star trek fan. I won't watch anything made by JJ Abrams. So i haven't seen the newest movies.

10+ Year Old Account
    1.Star Trek: First Contact (1996)
    Because I've always been a sucker for TNG, and always hoped that as much as it was Sci Fi, my heart always hoped that one day humanity could despite our worst, become our best, and instead of fearing the unknown or whom else is out there, maybe we just find new friends we haven't met.

Star Trek: The Motion Picture (1979)
    Mostly because Spoke was my favorite character, and having the chance to see his journey after the series into the movies was appealing to me. Being Biracial and from two worlds like me Spock has always been my favorite.

Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country (1991)
    I think politically probably the best of all the Trek Movies, mostly because of the telling of a different unknown, something that I believe more than anything, would have a hell of a lot more reverence to real life than just about all the others, our prejudice, our arrogance, and our hatred compound with those of the old guard who will never let the war end, because there is too much invested in it, and the only way through to peace has to come from bravery of a different kind, courage to let go of hate.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
    Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country

I don't really have a third favorite.

I'm not a fan of the new films at all. Way too comic book action for me. That's not what Star Trek is about IMO

10+ Year Old Account
    1) Star Trek: First Contact. Always liked the Next Generation crew the most and this is their best movie by far. It may have time travel which some people may not like, but I just really enjoy seeing the creation of the first warp drive and how its creator had to deal with the knowledge of how important his invention would become for humanity. Also, the Borg were awesome.

2) Star Trek (2009). Some fans of the original series may find huge problems with the reboot movies, but I did like the first movie quite a bit. It has a good cast to replace the original actors who are too old now and I liked Spock's and Kirk's relationship and how they had to learn from each other to become better people. Also nice to see Leonard Nemoy be Spock again before he died.

3) Star Trek: Wrath of Khan. This movie has so many good lines. Also, Khan is such a fun villain. Could be considered the best out of all the Star Trek movies, but it's my personal list, so it's on number 3.

First Contact. Loved it.
    Wish there was one about Voyager. <3 Capt. Janeway