View Poll Results: If Joe Biden enters the primary would you vote for him against Hillary or Bernie?

Voters
59. This poll is closed
  • Joe Biden

6 10.17%
  • Hillary Clinton

16 27.12%
  • Bernie Sanders

37 62.71%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ThunderChud View Post
    I don't hate the guy but I do feel that he beclowns himself pretty much every time he opens his mouth. Take a look at the old videos of him chairing the confirmation hearing of Chief Justice Thomas, his arrogance and blatant partisanship is embarrassing to watch.
    Why, is he supposed to pretend not to have an agenda or bias?

Because I am pretty damn sure everybody else does whether they own that or not. Biden is blunt and honest, and there is nothing wrong with that as long as he owns what he said.

I mean trust me,I get it some people take offense or really disagree with his position, but I don't understand this bullshit where browbeating someone because they disagree is the way to go. Right or Wrong politicians should be honest even if it's blunt, if you don't like them don't vote for them, but at least you know where they stand.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    For me it's basically a toss-up between Sanders and Biden in terms of who I would like to vote for. I like Sanders more but I think Biden might end up being a little more electable in the General Election (though neither of them would have it easy in the General if they make it that far). Clinton is more electable in the General Election, but I can honestly say that I have no idea why she wants to be POTUS anyway, which is pretty much the same problem that Mitt Romney had last time around.

When I see Hillary Clinton, I don't necessarily see someone with core beliefs; I see someone who might say anything in order to be elected. Say what you want about Bernie Sanders, but he definitely has core beliefs. Joe Biden's beliefs aren't completely clear to be, but I think he is at least trustworthy. Having said all of that though, no matter who wins out of those three I will end up voting for the winner of the Democratic Primary in the General Election. The Democrats might have some problems, but I cannot see myself voting Republican for a good long while.

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    The well above average human being says pretty stupid shit on a almost constant basis, in addition to if most were able to be put under a microscope, they aren't going to come off flawless, I don't vote for people I simply like or what to have a beer with. I would vote for the person best qualified, and when it comes right down to it either you do the same thing or you don't, whether a candidate said something stupid, is only so relevant.
    The man is nothing if not a cross between Kramer and Homer Simpson, depending on when you catch him. The "D" by his name mostly shields him from consequences for his inanity, not to mention his soft bigotry against both his boss and Indian citizens of his own state. Running him if nothing else would forfeit any intellectual credibility to accusing GOP candidates of being "unserious".

Well let see, she has a pretty impeccable record before becoming a Senator, and then SS, and she also has experience and a record to run on, granted I think she is too in the middle,but she does have enough in roads in Washington to get things done, whether that is a good or bad totally depends on who is viewing it.
    As long as personal and professional ethics are not of importance in a President, impeccable, sure. But those old enough and/or engaged enough to remember Whitewater and Jim McDougal and the Rose Law Firm and her penchant for document destruction/disappearance know who she is. As for her success record... is there any part of American foreign policy that didn't come unglued under her tenure? The comical "Russian reset"? Cheerleading the "Arab Spring" which has given way to failed states, mass exodus of Christians, Jews, and others from North Africa and the Middle East to escape genocide and tyranny? The US barely merits a phone call anymore when the world's serious leaders need to work stuff out. She can blame that on her boss (who was this week reduced to cold-calling European leaders about Greece since none of them had cared or asked for his opinion), but that makes it hard to run against Joe.

My problem with Hillary is that, she needs to step up and start talking specifics.
    As long as (most of) the tradiitional press continues to enable her with total non-scrutiny for political reasons, specific ice cream flavors are probably the best you can hope for.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    She had everything going right for her in 08, she just wasn't the voice of the American people and it showed. And despite her efforts she still isn't.
    She is not her husband. She cannot speak like him, can't affect compassion and interest like him. When she goes "big" or for soaring and passionate it's just shrill and cloying. Seriously, the Dean Scream is like her own speaking voice anytime she tries to really work the crowd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    The man is nothing if not a cross between Kramer and Homer Simpson, depending on when you catch him. The "D" by his name mostly shields him from consequences for his inanity, not to mention his soft bigotry against both his boss and Indian citizens of his own state. Running him if nothing else would forfeit any intellectual credibility to accusing GOP candidates of being "unserious".

As long as personal and professional ethics are not of importance in a President, impeccable, sure. But those old enough and/or engaged enough to remember Whitewater and Jim McDougal and the Rose Law Firm and her penchant for document destruction/disappearance know who she is. As for her success record... is there any part of American foreign policy that didn't come unglued under her tenure? The comical "Russian reset"? Cheerleading the "Arab Spring" which has given way to failed states, mass exodus of Christians, Jews, and others from North Africa and the Middle East to escape genocide and tyranny? The US barely merits a phone call anymore when the world's serious leaders need to work stuff out. She can blame that on her boss (who was this week reduced to cold-calling European leaders about Greece since none of them had cared or asked for his opinion), but that makes it hard to run against Joe.

As long as (most of) the tradiitional press continues to enable her with total non-scrutiny for political reasons, specific ice cream flavors are probably the best you can hope for.

She is not her husband. She cannot speak like him, can't affect compassion and interest like him. When she goes "big" or for soaring and passionate it's just shrill and cloying. Seriously, the Dean Scream is like her own speaking voice anytime she tries to really work the crowd.
    Yeah, sorry, I don't buy that Mainstream Media conspiracy thing, I don't agree either Biden or Hillary have ever gotten a pass. I think your position is that we should manipulate the rest of the world, by throwing around our influence, which over all thanks to Bush.

Yeah, I know our history of tough talk, and war mongering, makes some nostalgic for a world dominance, we never really had but, I am actually alright with, not starting more wars or sending troops into those wars to make some FEEL better about being an American.
    Last edited by Doctor Amadeus; 2015-07-12 at 06:14 AM.

Well let see, she has a pretty impeccable record before becoming a Senator, and then SS, and she also has experience and a record to run on, granted I think she is too in the middle,but she does have enough in roads in Washington to get things done, whether that is a good or bad totally depends on who is viewing it.

My problem with Hillary is that, she needs to step up and start talking specifics.
    What has she accomplished while holding those offices exactly?

10+ Year Old Account
    Biden would be the type of president that would get lost in the White House.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    What has she accomplished while holding those offices exactly?
    As secretary of state? As compared to what.

As a Senator of New York off the top of my head she lead pretty impressive measures to investigate health issues that effected first res ponders after 9/11, also on Hurricane Katrina. As for the State of NY, I think it might be better ask someone from NY.

As secretary of state? As compared to what.

As a Senator of New York off the top of my head she lead pretty impressive measures to investigate health issues that effected first res ponders after 9/11, also on Hurricane Katrina. As for the State of NY, I think it might be better ask someone from NY.
    She hasn't done shit as SoS or Senator. She isn't even from NY she just moved there to win the seat. She knows nothing about the people in NY nor does she give a flying fawk. Feel free to name any major accomplishments.

Quote Originally Posted by Merkava View Post
    Me neither. I think he's often wrong on foreign policy (although he was right on Bosnia when Hillary told Les Aspin not to interfere because it would distract from her healthcare plan) but I think he's genuine and sincere. He can be goofy and even creepy, but I don't understand the hate some people have for him.
    Yeah I mean you can't really say he's insincere. I'm not sure I'd want him President but I think he's a worthwhile presence in the US government.

None of the above

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Yeah I mean you can't really say he's insincere. I'm not sure I'd want him President but I think he's a worthwhile presence in the US government.
    I don't really see him as President, but he's infinitely preferable than a lot of other candidates.

7+ Year Old Account
    Hillary is the next president. No amount of Europeans skewing this poll for Bernie is going to change that

And I fucking love that about him, he shows the right wingers and conservatives the kind of contempt and disrespect they deserve for some of the more idiotic ideas. I do hope he runs.

- - - Updated - - -

Mostly because I agree with the most of the policies Obama and Biden have championed, and I think Biden would be a way to keep the right wing war mongering hawks at bay, along with out and out right being a better candidate on social issues and the environment.

Keep in mind I don't hate Hillary, but she plays it too safe, and that makes me not trust her.
    You would be one of the ones to vote for CrAzY jOe bIdEn. Let's see what else he can say to make himself look dumber. THE guy who literally does suck on Obama's nutsack.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    Hillary is the next president. No amount of Europeans skewing this poll for Bernie is going to change that
    If you enjoy having someone stick their middle finger at you everytime she talks then sure. I bet you think she is for getting rid of "oppression" even though she champions it by her foreign donations she receives from countries that see women as property. I mean it isn't like she has been caught breaking the law and lying over and over and over but SUUURE. Hillary for next President. /rolls eyes

Seriously if you actually want Hillary to be your next President then go find a bridge and take a leap of faith that way- atleast it'll only be you that'll end up flat at the bottom and not everybody else. Hillary is for BIG CORPORATIONS. You know..all that shit you lefty's talk against all the time. Well, PROVE that you actually have an AGENDA for the betterment of people rather then being able to pat yourself on the back for saying "I voted in a black man" or "I voted in a woman, yaaaaay!!!!" Actually READ up on the people you vote for rather then the lies they speak and the party they speak for which NEITHER has ever given a fuck about you or me and you are kidding yourself if you think Hillary isn't one of the elite or for the elite. What a bunch of hypocrites you people are. Damn people are so fucking ignorant and dumb. I hate this new fucking generation. Bunch of freaks.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xires View Post
    If you enjoy having someone stick their middle finger at you everytime she talks then sure. I bet you think she is for getting rid of "oppression" even though she champions it by her foreign donations she receives from countries that see women as property. I mean it isn't like she has been caught breaking the law and lying over and over and over but SUUURE. Hillary for next President. /rolls eyes

Seriously if you actually want Hillary to be your next President then go find a bridge and take a leap of faith that way- atleast it'll only be you that'll end up flat at the bottom and not everybody else. Hillary is for BIG CORPORATIONS. You know..all that shit you lefty's talk against all the time. Well, PROVE that you actually have an AGENDA for the betterment of people rather then being able to pat yourself on the back for saying "I voted in a black man" or "I voted in a woman, yaaaaay!!!!" Actually READ up on the people you vote for rather then the lies they speak and the party they speak for which NEITHER has ever given a fuck about you or me and you are kidding yourself if you think Hillary isn't one of the elite or for the elite. What a bunch of hypocrites you people are. Damn people are so fucking ignorant and dumb. I hate this new fucking generation. Bunch of freaks.
    As I said in the other Hillary thread I will be voting against her. However I think it will be difficult for a Republican to win in the current high angst climate.
    Last edited by PC2; 2015-07-13 at 06:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xires View Post
    You would be one of the ones to vote for CrAzY jOe bIdEn. Let's see what else he can say to make himself look dumber. THE guy who literally does suck on Obama's nutsack.

- - - Updated - - -

"I voted for a black man" and "I voted for a woman" is a narrative attributed to people who would vote for them. It's not a particularly compelling narrative to anyone outside of the person or people making that accusation.

It's actually pretty dumb.

10+ Year Old Account
    Biden has always struck me as a "get things done behind the scenes" kind of guy. He also, for the most part, manages to stay out of the spotlight. I think he actually does quite well as VP -- but I don't think he quite has the personality and temperament for the presidency.

Also, I'm pretty sure he's not going to run. If absolutely nothing else, I can't imagine he's got it in him right now after his son's death. Plus I think he's well aware of his image. He's probably less electable than Sanders -- although that would be an interesting matchup.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    Biden has always struck me as a "get things done behind the scenes" kind of guy. He also, for the most part, manages to stay out of the spotlight. I think he actually does quite well as VP -- but I don't think he quite has the personality and temperament for the presidency.

Also, I'm pretty sure he's not going to run. If absolutely nothing else, I can't imagine he's got it in him right now after his son's death. Plus I think he's well aware of his image. He's probably less electable than Sanders -- although that would be an interesting matchup.
    In spite of the "Bidens a dumbass" shtick, he seems to be really well respected. His personal story and how he handles tragedy and adversity is pretty inspiring.

Here's a pretty interesting article about Biden's possible future. It seems to be the last thing on his mind right now.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/07/13/us...ture.html?_r=0
    Last edited by NYC17; 2015-07-13 at 04:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post
    In spite of the "Bidens a dumbass" shtick, he seems to be really well respected. His personal story and how he handles tragedy and adversity is pretty inspiring.
    Most people consider him a very skilled politician -- in the sense of getting things done and working with other politicians. He just has a bit of a problem with his filter -- which could very well be what helps making him a good politician, but doesn't play out quite so well in the public perception.

10+ Year Old Account
    Biden served his purpose, but he'll never become President.
    Quote Originally Posted by nôrps View Post
    I just think you retards are starting to get ridiculous with your childish language.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    Most people consider him a very skilled politician -- in the sense of getting things done and working with other politicians. He just has a bit of a problem with his filter -- which could very well be what helps making him a good politician, but doesn't play out quite so well in the public perception.
    We'll see. If he runs it might play out better than most people think, considering the alternatives.