10+ Year Old Account

Warcraft Movie: Orcs are brown? Lore vs Movie Standards...

Of course, of course there is still a year before the release of the film, but one thing I noticed is that the orcs seem to be brown, and as people described what they saw in the trailer at Comic Con 2015, it would seem the orcs ask Gul'dan to open the dark portal. If what I remember of the lore, Orcs drink demon blood, kill everything and ruin Draenor, and in an effort to seek not only food/resources, but also worthy foes and lands to conquer, open the dark portal and pass through and immediately engage with Azeroths residents (so to say). Correct me if im wrong there. Maybe the orcs are brown just for the first few scenes, we have no idea, but it would seem as though they are trying to portrait orcs as being brown.

I wonder to how much degree WoW's lore will be altered to fit the Movie standard. For one Lothar is young. By this time in history hes a bit old, still an awesome hero and fighter, but much older, I would say the same for the other characters.

Durotan never drank so he should still be brown, same with Draka.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

10+ Year Old Account
    True. They did not drink the blood, but their skin did turn green from exposure to fel magic. If I remember from Rise of the Horde, his skin was entirely green before passing through the portal.

Sometimes you just have to let some things go. It's good to be interested in the lore and what-not, and yea, sometimes I am also bothered by minor details that seem to be adjusted at the last minute when I knew they were otherwise... but the important thing is the entertainment value. Is this worthy of tainting your enjoyment of the movie?

On a personal note, there have been some things that I experienced where minor details did taint my enjoyment of them... like the new TMNT movie where the loony white guy wasn't Casey Jones. That bothered me the whole movie, since I thought it would've been so much better if he was and would've set him up in a sequel perfectly. The result is that the movie gets a "Meh" review from me whenever someone asks (really, all of the other crap that happened didn't really bother me that much). But TMNT movies (with the exception of maybe the first one) were never really high on my ratings anyway.

So, that being said, let me ask again: Is this a worthy crusade?
    "And what's the real lesson? Don't leave food in the fridge."
    -Spike Spiegel

Deleted
    One of the earliest promo images was of a green Orgrim. Basically from what I can gather, the Frostwolves (which includes Orgrim in film canon) stayed out of the war with the Draenei completely and didn't drink the demon blood. So they're still brown. Now that Draenor is dying from demonic energy the Frostwolves are forced to join the Horde to find a new home for themselves. And Orgrim at least will drink the demonblood, while Durotan and Draka slowly turn green from indirect fel exposure.

Deleted
    They only ones that arent green of the main roles from what we have seen yet is durotan, drakaa and ogrim and thats logic because they didn't drink the blood. I know they got green from the fel magics the warlocks used in the books but maybe that have changed that in the film or they will get more green overtime in the film. But i would say it's not a major thing since the ones who drank the blood is still green.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    footage description mentioned green orcs
    also look at guldan