Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Why didn't Grom continue the war against us?

So a little while back, the reason that was given for us not killing Grom is: Because he still has armies.

In that case, then why doesn't he continue the war?

Let's break down the events of WoD in a very simple fashion:

- Gul'dan tries to feed the orcs the demon blood
    - Orcs refuse, rolfstomp Gul'dan and Mannoroth, and attack Azeroth and us on their own terms
    - We kill off some of the Iron Horde, including big players like Garrosh, Ner'zhul, Blackhand and Kargath
    - Gul'dan goes to Grom's doorstep and once again tries to feed him the blood, except apparently this time Gul'dan is able to rolfstomp Grom when he refuses, and Kilrogg is all too willing to have a sip
    - We defeat the Legion, kill Kilrogg and Gul'dan is thrown into a portal
    - Grom cheers with us.... Wut?

I mean, the thing that was standing in Grom's way was Gul'dan. Now Gul'dan is gone, and he's free to resume his conquest... But he doesn't. We killed off his buddies and comrades, including Garrosh, who he knows by now is his son. Why isn't he pissed off at all? Why doesn't he want revenge? Why is he perfectly fine to be best buddies with those Draenei he tried to slaughter?

Deleted
    He has won 0 battles....

He still has armies that could not win 1 battle in the past.
    Why go on on the patch of destruction, Grom is not crazy.

Also the clan warchiefs are dead, we dont know what guys now are the warlords of the clans and if they still support Grom in this war.
    Grom might now only stand there with the remains of the warsong clan.
    Last edited by mmoc2b606a4969; 2015-07-12 at 05:39 PM.

Because, when you know there is a greater threat out there, you don't want to fight against the ones who can help you. We defeat the Burning Legion, but they are still out there, and they are endless.

Well, there's not really much left of the Iron Horde now. The Warlords (except Grom) are dead, the attempt to invade Azeroth got stopped, the portal has been destroyed, and Grom was reduced to hiding in his fortress with his remaining forces by the end of it all. Even when the Iron Horde was at full strength, it still got roflstomped at every turn.

Maybe Grom secretly doesn't like it, but he has to know that he'd get his ass handed to him if he tried pulling anything right now.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2015-07-12 at 05:47 PM.

I think at one point he realizes we are hornorable, and stand between the legion and Draenor, his home after all. Wouldnt surprise me, if Thrall (can we please start to call him Go'el?) starts to talk to him, and maybe he even comes with us. I am looking forward to the next xpac and the last patch to see how everything plays out.

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    So a little while back, the reason that was given for us not killing Grom is: Because he still has armies.

In that case, then why doesn't he continue the war?

Let's break down the events of WoD in a very simple fashion:

- Gul'dan tries to feed the orcs the demon blood
    - Orcs refuse, rolfstomp Gul'dan and Mannoroth, and attack Azeroth and us on their own terms
    - We kill off some of the Iron Horde, including big players like Garrosh, Ner'zhul, Blackhand and Kargath
    - Gul'dan goes to Grom's doorstep and once again tries to feed him the blood, except apparently this time Gul'dan is able to rolfstomp Grom when he refuses, and Kilrogg is all too willing to have a sip
    - We defeat the Legion, kill Kilrogg and Gul'dan is thrown into a portal
    - Grom cheers with us.... Wut?

I mean, the thing that was standing in Grom's way was Gul'dan. Now Gul'dan is gone, and he's free to resume his conquest... But he doesn't. We killed off his buddies and comrades, including Garrosh, who he knows by now is his son. Why isn't he pissed off at all? Why doesn't he want revenge? Why is he perfectly fine to be best buddies with those Draenei he tried to slaughter?
    I must have watched a different video. I didn't see Grom so much as acknowledge anyone's presence. He called out to his bros and other Draenei that they're free, and that's about it.
    The Iron Horde is pretty much laid to waste. By the time 6.2 starts, they've already witnessed insurrection in part of Kilrogg betraying Grom and Gul'dan taking over. Grom no longer has the influence to create another united Horde. A reasonable scenario is that the Draenor Horde breaks up into clans again as they try to recover. The Draenei have to recover from the sacking of Shattrath and Auchindoun's defiling. Due to their nature it's doubtful that they'll exact revenge and try to subdue the scattered clans.

But I didn't catch any indication of Grom becoming buddies with..anyone.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    If Gul'dan didn't capture him would he have surrendered to the Alliance and Horde?

Because he's not an idiot and fully aware that whatever army he may left doesn't have snowflakes chance in the Firelands to get anything but slaughtered.

Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    He has won 0 battles....

He still has armies that could not win 1 battle in the past.
    Why go on on the patch of destruction, Grom is not crazy.

Also the clan warchiefs are dead, we dont know what guys now are the warlords of the clans and if they still support Grom in this war.
    Grom might now only stand there with the remains of the warsong clan.
    Nethergarde Keep says hi.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    Nethergarde Keep says hi.
    Oh my god what a victory. He only needed suprise element to win against already-in-ruin fortress with skeleton crew. What a jinias !!

If you look back at history most of the worlds "mortal enemies" are now allis U.S., Germany, Japan, Italy and so on so why does this ending confuse people it is totally plausible to me

Quote Originally Posted by knight of thorns View Post
    Because, when you know there is a greater threat out there, you don't want to fight against the ones who can help you. We defeat the Burning Legion, but they are still out there, and they are endless.
    Pretty lame to end a story the same way it ended before. Not exactly very good storytelling if you ask me.

Why do you want this gorilla shit expansion to continue?
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Because Grom isn't an idiot. He knows no one can stand against the might of the keyboard turning PC
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by knight of thorns View Post
    If Grom's track record against us is any indication, he won't make much (if any) difference either way :P

The clans are butchered, the leaders are dead, the foundry where the weapons are (oops, were) made is gone, the ogre allies packed it in, so what are the Draenor orcs going to do to help us again?

10+ Year Old Account
    Because WoD doesn't make sense.

People keep asking why he isn't mad that we killed his son... seriously garrosh is his son from an alternate universe that he's known for like a year max most of the time not knowing who he is. He's probably like meh, i'll avenge his death by raising my real son in a few years.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellixen View Post
    People keep asking why he isn't mad that we killed his son... seriously garrosh is his son from an alternate universe that he's known for like a year max most of the time not knowing who he is. He's probably like meh, i'll avenge his death by raising my real son in a few years.
    With who? His wife is dead. Unless him and Jaina get together
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    With who? His wife is dead. Unless him and Jaina get together
    She's always had a thing for big strong Orcs. It is known.

Quote Originally Posted by Gourmandise View Post
    She's always had a thing for big strong Orcs. It is known.
    She is more into Dragons