Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Artorius View Post
    From the thread with the exact same discussion:
    Point is that imbalanced racials lead to faction disparity. Period.

At any point in time if a faction has better PvP racials, that is where players gravitate towards. This is an issue that should, and will be addressed.

I dont understand why they just dont remove the racials for good. Would make it easier to balance, and everyone could pick what ever race the wanted out of looks and animations, and not racials.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    I dont understand why they just dont remove the racials for good. Would make it easier to balance, and everyone could pick what ever race the wanted out of looks and animations, and not racials.
    They can leave the racials in-game for flavor, lore etc. Simply disable them in PvP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Disabling them in PVP wouldn't magically make the community change to 50/50, people would still want to play with all of their friends. Which means that top pvp players are going to play at one only faction. And new/low rated players want to play at the same place as them.

It's not only a matter of A being better than B, it's a segregation problem.

You can choose to play together with everyone or choose to exclude yourself from some of your friends for no reason, which seems better?

The only solution is allowing characters from different factions to join rated pvp together, but we all know that's not going to happen.
    Last edited by Artorius; 2015-07-13 at 02:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Artorius View Post
    Disabling them in PVP wouldn't magically make the community change to 50/50, people would still want to play with all of their friends. Which means that top pvp players are going to play at one only faction. And new/low rated players want to play at the same place as them.

It's not only a matter of A being better than B, it's a segregation problem.
    No, but it would stop all the flip-flopping around, and at some point the faction balance would level out to some degree. Everyone knows how advantageous the human racial is, hence why the PvP scene is Alliance dominated. If racials were not involved, people would not be jumping around.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemons View Post
    Wait...wtf? Horde used to be badasses at PvP...they used to have the higher win rate in every BG except AV...wtf happened? Are hordies just xferring for EMFH?
    Pretty much, yeah. Most of the top PvPers transferred to Alliance over the course of the past couple expansions and many followed thinking they would have better BG success with all of the good PvPers already there as well as the added bonus of EMFH. While most of the top tier players probably don't actually do BGs very often, the transfers did bring a lot of the mid-range talent to the Alliance and left mostly the casual PvPers on the Horde who didn't care enough to transfer and generally don't have as much effort put into learning their class. EMFH probably isn't ultra influential in success, particularly in BGs were it's difficult to get 1v1 or 2v2 situations, but the perceived benefit brings players to the Alliance. Result is that Alliance is good at BGs now and Horde is terrible because the player base is skewed.

From what I have seen, a lot of horde players yolo ashran, bg's, and skirmishes, barely working together for the good of the team. Where as the alliance more cases than not seem to work together. Now at times we have utterly decimated alliance since we worked together, but more times than not its only "Its a pre-made" "ohh they out gear us" "your all fcking scrubs" etc....

If I am healing a BG almost every game I get death griped, asphyxiated, storm bolted, cheap shot, into a silence and dead. Without a single cross heal, off heal, or form of CC being thrown at a dps into the mix. Hell since S2 started I can count at least 2 times a paladin in the party threw a bop on me, and one time caused me to drop the flag. But overall I don't feel like anyone peels or tosses cool downs etc on me while I am running for my life.

If I am dps'ing I find its usually me and one other guy attacking a healer or rotating cc's on a healer while trying to kill one of them. But as soon as we do that their dps come and stomp our face in. Scenario - I was at LM saw a holy pally/blood dk running towards BS, I called inc 2 inc to BS, 5 people decided to show up and well just attack/cc the death knight. After watching 2 people die I tossed 2 hots on jumped off in cat form sprint, roar, displacer beat, threw cyclone on pally. At that point the dk death gripped and would not stop attacking me. After a minute I decided to just run away from BS since these guys didn't set their sites on his pocket healer even after I pleaded in chat.
    Epism - Caelestrasz
    Armory

I still got my legendary cape and two heirloom items
    AFAIK those heirlooms do you no good at 100. Get anything 560+ (can't remember the exact level where it scales to 690).

But yes, horde is an uphill struggle at the moment. I think I am down to 35-40% win ratio. Running into Aegwynn all the time doesn't help at all, but having fewer and often worse healers is a killer. Literally.

Det er i motbakke det går oppover!

Oh I guess I am just at a wrong battlegroup since Alliance here tend to lose every battle for gilneas (I have like 7% win chance there) and any other small bg so nowadays I just enjoy doing isle of conquest. (well not really NOWadays since I am unsubscribed after 6.2 )

10+ Year Old Account
    1. All the good players moved to Alliance for the racial.
    2. Casuals saw this trend and followed.
    3. Horde are demoralized because they know they're at a disadvantage so they don't try.

Also, all of the people trying to argue "Horde always won before, it's the Alliance's turn" should just stop right now. The Horde:Alliance ratio may have been skewed in the past but at most it was 55:45 or 60:40. Now it's more like 75:25 which is far worse.

7+ Year Old Account
    Good healers is a rare thing on the Horde side sadly... While if you go up against any Alliance in pvp there is always 5 healers and 1 dps who thinks hes really good.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyoken View Post
    Good players is a rare thing on the Horde side sadly... While if you go up against any Alliance in pvp there is always 5 healers and 1 dps who thinks hes really good.
    Fixed it for you. Role doesn't matter--Horde players are more often than not more concerned with being a Kobe Bryant than Robert Horry but their skill level is, at best, Smush Parker. Horde healers don't know how to move and use LoS/positioning to their advantage. DPS doesn't know how to push out some pressure or peel. It's a big mess.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bolly View Post
    Fixed it for you. Role doesn't matter--Horde players are more often than not more concerned with being a Kobe Bryant than Robert Horry but their skill level is, at best, Smush Parker. Horde healers don't know how to move and use LoS/positioning to their advantage. DPS doesn't know how to push out some pressure or peel. It's a big mess.
    Well out of every situation pvpwise, that ive ever been in, there is always a lack of good healers. And alliance has a overload of it, always. It's very rare you run into a situation where alliance doesnt have healers to support them....

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    To this day i cannot understand, why sota is horde favored.
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

Thank you Blizzard and Holinka for destroying PvP, especially on Horde.

I am SOOOO tired of running around in Ashran trying to get those treasures, just to then get ganked by 5 people that kill me in one second, and I end up losing 50% of my fragments.
    What treasures? Ashran has been changed a good bit with this patch.

Join up and stay with your group. You can literally get full gear in 2-3 hours.

It's hard to believe you haven't won a single BG in 16 hours of playing, I experience about the same W/L percentage on either side.

human racial is too much and lures the pvp players and fan boys

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darksoldierr View Post
    To this day i cannot understand, why sota is horde favored.
    Horde is used to the beach (Orgrimmar city baby) while the alliance in Stormwind only have a canal. They really like the beach once in a while you know...

Quote Originally Posted by THoyt View Post
    What treasures? Ashran has been changed a good bit with this patch.

Join up and stay with your group. You can literally get full gear in 2-3 hours.

It's hard to believe you haven't won a single BG in 16 hours of playing, I experience about the same W/L percentage on either side.
    To get full gear in 2-3 hours you need to win every event AND get a chest? Thats not my luck : /

And I know it sounds rather not plausible to not win a single BG, but it is the cold hearted truth, I honestly dont get it my self. On other chars I've always had about a 50/50 win/loss ratio, sometimes I can lose 10 in a row, but then I will win a bunch in a row later. But this DK is cursed or something, lol. But I found a good team mate and ran a million Arena Skrimishes this weekend and got my gear so it is fine now Atleast there a single persons skill matter a lot more than in a BG with 9-39 randoms.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and the treasures are there still, they reward all from 70-150 Fragments (that I have got atleast), so a round where all the treasures is up can quickly turn into 1k Fragments which in turn is 3k honor, or something close to that.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

So, I've been trying to do some BGs to get some honor on my fresh DK alt that I want to use for PvP. Needless to say - 16 hours at lvl 100 = 0 BGs won. And I am not exaggerating, I have actually not won ONE Battleground after I dinged lvl 100. Even with about 50% PvP gear (where most of it is items I got from Gladiator Sanctum) and a 690 Ilvl inside PvP instance, I pretty much always top dmg, I am the only one going for EFC and so on.

I play LoL, and I live by the rule that there is just as many retards on your team as on your enemy team. But this can't be the case in WoW PvP. I could live with a 33% win ratio, but 0%.. It fucking drives my nuts man! I am SOOOO tired of running around in Ashran trying to get those treasures, just to then get ganked by 5 people that kill me in one second, and I end up losing 50% of my fragments.

After 16 hours, I have bought my conq cap, and still miss 5 PvP items, where 5 of the items I got is the green Gladiator Sanctum pieces that is low ilvl..

Just had to do some ranting.. This is so tiresome.
    Okay so! I have about.... 20 hours of PVP on my DK currently and I'm full honor gear with four pieces of conquest gear. It's not too difficult to gear but you have to keep at it. I understand the annoyance it comes with PVP gearing because at first I'd go into a BG and lose most of the time, and I still do sometimes. You just have to be patient with BGs, the other day I actually won a game of WSG as horde. That says a lot. Anyway, if I were you I would use the group finder to find an Ashran group. There's a guide on Reddit on how to do this as well. Find a group, and then drop the group right as you hit Ashran and press accept to get into the battle. Winning Ashran groups for Horde still exist, but they take time and effort to build up and find. Do this and keep trying, you'll be geared in no time.

Joining Alliance wont solve anything, and I love those who transfer to Alliance because of the huge win ratio. Why try and fix the problem when you can be part of the problem? Besides, if you win a BG as a horde, that gives more bragging rights. You can't really brag as an Alliance because you're either just using the human's free trinket, or just using the horde demoralization to your favor.