Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MFDOOM View Post
    That's an awful idea, you can't play a Wii U without a Gamepad. That kind of idea to put the Wii U on life support like the Sega Genesis isn't exactly helping your case for this failed, abominable marketing strategy that has a chance now to revolutionize from the complete and utter dinosaur failure it was. It needs a progressive vision for the future.
    Why not? I can play 3D world, MM8, Wind Waker, Pikmin 3, Smash, etc. just fine with the pro controller. The tablet pad hasn't seen much use due to the cumbersome design and is frankly holding the console back. Offering a cheaper alternative worked with MS and it can work for Nintendo as well.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Why not? I can play 3D world, MM8, Wind Waker, Pikmin 3, Smash, etc. just fine with the pro controller. The tablet pad hasn't seen much use due to the cumbersome design and is frankly holding the console back. Offering a cheaper alternative worked with MS and it can work for Nintendo as well.
    Also I'd like to point to the 2DS, and the original 3DS launch. Cutting the price seems to have paid off for the 3DS in general.

What's your point? No one's buying the Wii U. Look at the sales charts. The Wii U is the product of dinosaurs, and Nintendo finally has a chance to move progressively forward into gaming with the rest of the platforms. You can't even deny how archaic the Wii U game pad is as a tablet. If Nintendo doesn't use this as an opportunity to liberalize and modernize their gaming consoles, they will have no future. This is simply the fact that most games marketing analysts reiterate.

Your personal satisfaction with the dinosaur doesn't help Nintendo. It simply does not stand to muster because of lack of vision, and no goals in powerful games that left the Wii U in the dust because of a lack of third party software production. The welfare of old, repeated, dry titles with the same old male protagonists like Link, Mario, and Donkey Kong don't cut it anymore.

Third party software developers finally have a chance to seize any opportunity of lobbying Nintendo to be more inclusive and promote diversity in their multi-console games that stray from these old, unoriginal series that no one plays anymore.
    I don't know if you're trolling or don't get out much now. No one plays mario, zelda, and donkey kong anymore? I play the majority of my wii u games without the gamepad, and when I do people love using it. That's fine if people want to sit in their rooms alone and play ps4 and xbox1, I like doing that sometimes too. But other people have friends, and we like playing video games and partying with said friends.
    Again, you're analyzing sales, stocks, and marketing in a creative field. Video games are about fun. And that's the issue, Nintendo puts fun first. They are sitting on piles of money, they can tank for years (which they arent) and be fine. MS and Sony can sit on the top of the 14 year old gore CoD pandering charts, idgaf.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatsbybutters View Post
    Again, you're analyzing sales, stocks, and marketing in a creative field. Video games are about fun.
    The bolded bit is true, but fun doesn't matter if you don't have folks who are looking at and analyzing sales, stocks, and marketing to make sure that your company can fund making those fun games.

By the end of the ay, he was still some japanese businessman. Yes, he valued fun and game feel over going with trends and everything, but he still did it for the money and to please the shareholders.
    Him passing away was a huge loss, like any human life.
    But worshipping him as some sort of video game god is a bit too much in my book.

But i'm not here to shit on the poor man, i really liked his open heartedness, he always seemed to care about what the fans had to say and i hope that, whoever follows his place, will do the same thing. Because even if Nintendo is still a company trying to maximize profit, i still felt heard and respected unlike some other companies *cough* sony *cough*

Nintendo's free of the shackles of shitty graphics, unplayable gimmickry and able to pursue progressive, enlightened goals like Sony and Microsoft who are leagues ahead in blast processing power and graphics. Games marketing analysts almost unanimously agreed that these were things that held Nintendo back, and now they are able to progressively move forward into the future of gaming.
    If Takeda takes over, not so much. He's stated in the past that he doesn't enjoy large leaps in technology and graphical prowess as he believes there's diminishing returns.

Quote Originally Posted by Harthmut View Post
    By the end of the ay, he was still some japanese businessman. Yes, he valued fun and game feel over going with trends and everything, but he still did it for the money and to please the shareholders.
    Him passing away was a huge loss, like any human life.
    But worshipping him as some sort of video game god is a bit too much in my book.

But i'm not here to shit on the poor man, i really liked his open heartedness, he always seemed to care about what the fans had to say and i hope that, whoever follows his place, will do the same thing. Because even if Nintendo is still a company trying to maximize profit, i still felt heard and respected unlike some other companies *cough* sony *cough*
    He halved his own paycheck when Nintendo was going through a rough time rather than firing people. His own words were "I sincerely doubt employees who fear they may be laid off will be able to develop software titles that could impress people around the world".

http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/13/asia/g...-iwata-quotes/

The quotes in there if you scroll through them.

http://www.polygon.com/2014/1/29/535...er-poor-fiscal

For the pay cut

I don't think a man that only cares about their wallet would do such a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    He halved his own paycheck when Nintendo was going through a rough time rather than firing people. His own words were "I sincerely doubt employees who fear they may be laid off will be able to develop software titles that could impress people around the world".

http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/13/asia/g...-iwata-quotes/

The quotes in there if you scroll through them.

http://www.polygon.com/2014/1/29/535...er-poor-fiscal

For the pay cut

I don't think a man that only cares about their wallet would do such a thing.
    Holy shit.
    I really didn't know that.

What an amazing guy...
    Now you got me actually sad...

Quote Originally Posted by Harthmut View Post
    Holy shit.
    I really didn't know that.

What an amazing guy...
    Now you got me actually sad...
    It's okay, it's not like it's the first thing everyone's bringing up about him anyway, although I thought more people would talk about it. I suppose it was just an act that was forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe they'll start making others games other than Mario (insert random words) #5665478894, Zelda #23578856, Kirby #389999765. They really gotta start taking chances on new IPs.

Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutVodka View Post
    Maybe they'll start making others games other than Mario (insert random words) #5665478894, Zelda #23578856, Kirby #389999765. They really gotta start taking chances on new IPs.
    You mean like Splatoon? And making Bayonetta 2 happen? And funding Devils Third?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's okay, it's not like it's the first thing everyone's bringing up about him anyway, although I thought more people would talk about it. I suppose it was just an act that was forgotten.
    Stereotype of a company's president is pockets first, easiest way is lay offs.
    Iwata was different about that which is really one in a million kind of thing. You see layoffs from Microsoft, EA, Ubisoft, etc, except instead of layoffs he just took it out of his own pocket, arguably the 'hard way', or at least the unthinkable way.
    In a business perspective that was a 90% retarded short term decision, 10% cause long term investment is a potential. As a consumer and human that is 100% awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    You mean like Splatoon? And making Bayonetta 2 happen? And funding Devils Third?
    I know Splatoon was Nintendo, thought Bayonetta and Devil was Capcom. Consider me schooled!

10+ Year Old Account
    I know Splatoon was Nintendo, thought Bayonetta and Devil was Capcom. Consider me schooled!
    Bayonetta is Sega and Platinum games. Bayonetta 2 would've never existed without Nintendo, considering it was 100% funded by them. Sega pretty much said it wasn't going to happen until Nintendo came in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Bayonetta is Sega and Platinum games. Bayonetta 2 would've never existed without Nintendo, considering it was 100% funded by them. Sega pretty much said it wasn't going to happen until Nintendo came in.
    I did like Bayonetta. I'm still not a huge Nintendo fan. I'm a spoiled graphics and story brat.

I did like Bayonetta. I'm still not a huge Nintendo fan. I'm a spoiled graphics and story brat.
    Shun the nonbeliever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shun the nonbeliever.
    Burn me at the stake, but please, NOT THE FACE!

10+ Year Old Account
    lol nothing is going to change about Nintendo. Nintendo is doomed to be the console for kiddies and man children lol.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2015-07-14 at 02:13 AM.

Burn me at the stake, but please, NOT THE FACE!
    Oh, you're not getting off that easily.
    First, we'll give you the slight cold shoulder, with snippy responses.
    Then, we go full blown ignore mode, but indirectly talk about you.
    Lastly, we litter your rooms with legos.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    lol nothing is going to change about Nintendo. Nintendo is doomed to be the console for kiddies and man children lol.
    Oh please, tell me more about Madworld and Bayonetta being for kiddies and man children.

10+ Year Old Account
    lol what is so "mature" about Bayonetta. You people can cherry pick all the games you want but Nintendo as a whole markets exclusively to kids. Kids will still play Bayonetta anyway.

I don't understand how some of you can be so pro nintendo yet so pro PC at the same time. It's like, you all make fun of the "dudebro" consoles for shitty hardware yet nintendo's garbage gets a free pass for being "unique" or whatever.