The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account

Thrall's fate in the Warcraft Movie

Well, guys, while i made previous thread about misconceptions and think what i said there was really good, i find that bit of footage description from io9.
    Pretty sure, that would make nitpickers asses burn like volcano crater.
    http://io9.com/weve-just-seen-the-fi...rcr-1717265780
    We see the baby orc and Durotan urges his wife, “Whatever happens.” She looks concerned. Then we see the baby Thrall floating down a river.
    So, it look like this:
    Durotan and Draka know they may die and no one care about their child - > they let the miracle to decide the fate of their child - > they put him in a basket and let it floating down the river - > waves throw the baby Thrall on the shore of Hillsbrad - > Blackmoor family find him - >Lord of The Clan thing happens.

Here the THING - while it differs from the original, in fact it won't retcon the KEY part of the lore: kid Thrall will loose his parents and will become the slave and gladiator in the human's camp.
    On other hand we all should understand that a movie adaptation, where Durotan and Draka participates in the First War, so it would be illogical to randomly move them to Alterac. In fact there is no reason for Durotan to move there since he is not exiled. Also it would take too much time to make that trip happen.
    So yeah, moviemakers decide to resolve that situation that way, but without changing the key part of lore.

Still many jimmies would be rustled.
    Last edited by Harbour; 2015-07-13 at 08:52 AM.

you keep using the word retconning

i do not think it means what you think it means

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    okay, not retconning but changing in the cinematic universe
    whatever

Is there any doubt, that the movies will play as in the books? Have we that much information, that the story will change? I am actually surprised that they did not start with the war of the ancienst, but thats probably to have horde lore in the movie. As far as I know the movie shows more of the orcs than in the book. I could see a lord of the clans happen, show all the lore before an of warcraft 3, then go back and show war of the ancients. Even Arthas story could be shown. I guess everything depends of how the movies play out, If there will be enough money they will make it a series like fast and furious. Warcraft lore has so much to offer for movies, they should have started a series like GoT or Rome.