Xhul'horac hc - Dealing with Black Hole

What's the most consistent way to deal with this mechanic? I feel half the time damage reductions/immunities don't work for ranged. Is feint from rogues consistent? From my own experience (and logs) mage/hunter abilities only work very randomly, probably has to with other damaging stuff 'removing' the immunity or something.

I've also seen people use a 3rd tank to soak it but that was on mythic videos, if rogue feint works then that probably would be the best as they don't get void surge.

Thanks in advance.

We use a rogue and a death knight using purgatory. The rogue can cloak/feint and the dk can AMS and if those dont work (it does seem to work only half the time for us as well) they wont die and both cheat death and purg will be up for every other black hole so they just rotate doing them.

I see, that does seem like it would work. If anyone else has any suggestions feel free to let me know.

I'm mostly curious to know if feint's damage reduction works consistently.
    Last edited by Woobels; 2015-07-13 at 08:53 PM.

we just have 3-4 of our range within 10 yards of it before someone hits the center of it.

We uh... actually just have our warrior tank leap into it every time. If you've got either a warrior or brewmaster to be just as mobile, they could probably do it with great ease as well.

No need for anybody to actually plan soaks for the thing until we're there on Mythic. I hadn't heard about the third tank thing on mythic, might have to consider that, but on heroic, just having a current tank do it who is mobile is easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    We uh... actually just have our warrior tank leap into it every time. If you've got either a warrior or brewmaster to be just as mobile, they could probably do it with great ease as well.

No need for anybody to actually plan soaks for the thing until we're there on Mythic. I hadn't heard about the third tank thing on mythic, might have to consider that, but on heroic, just having a current tank do it who is mobile is easy.
    I think Midwinter's vid had tanks running into them (also I think they used 3 of them but I'm not sure).

Could be wrong though, or have to do with the mythic empowered black hole thing.

It's just such an awkward ability to deal with because 80% of the time it goes fine but then you have a few pulls in a row where it just doesn't work, which is why I want something consistent, a tank would probably work.
    Last edited by Woobels; 2015-07-13 at 09:46 PM.

We just have as many ranged/healers who are close to it gather around it and then have a hunter/spriest/mage pop a damage reduction and run into it. For small groups it may pose a larger issue, but splitting the damage between 8 people or so seems to work pretty well.

The black hole has always seemed like a total non issue. Whoever is close just leaps into it and we've never had deaths.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04BvMdUa46M#t=3m5s Like here. It's just kind of 'whatever'.