Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Not excited for Frost as the raid content is already fine.

It's the rest of the game that's suffering as a whole.
    The fact they continue to funnel their resources into a single feature is worrying.

10+ Year Old Account
    How about barrage not hitting mobs we aren't in combat with. They eventually fixed starfall, didn't they?

Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    Wildstar dungeon content was the best ever in an MMO.
    Yes, because it was the best it failed so hard... surely

Quote Originally Posted by Neglesh View Post
    You obviously have no idea how good the raids were in Wildstar. They were very challenging and very engaging.

Jesus talk about ignorant.
    I dunno...call me crazy but having super mythic heroic beefed up bosses isn't what makes the game fun.
    The most fun I had was in ICC where fights were way simpler than a scripted boss that has 5,000,000 mechanics...

Quote Originally Posted by mcbubble View Post
    I dunno...call me crazy but having super mythic heroic beefed up bosses isn't what makes the game fun.
    The most fun I had was in ICC where fights were way simpler than a scripted boss that has 5,000,000 mechanics...
    I never would have guessed a Wrathbaby wouldn't like difficult fights

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    It wasnt the dungeon content that killed Wildstar.

As many other already said, it was probably the only good thing about the game.

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Wildstar was an awesome game IMO, unfortunately it came out after the entire MMO market started catering to the casual crowd, where having a challenge and requiring effort to succeed had basically become taboo. If Wildstar had come out at the end of TBC, it would have been a hit IMO.

I hate this trend of twitchy, action oriented game play. Warcraft became the biggest MMO in the world with tab target based combat with relatively few and simple abilities. I wish they'd stick to that instead of all of this frantic, reflex-based, mini-game shit they've been implementing. Unfortunately, it looks like we have even more of it coming as Frost seems to love it too.
    Last edited by Jarion; 2015-07-14 at 04:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HerrRudi View Post
    Wow, thought Stephan Frost said he definitely wasn't going to Blizzard. The guy's a legend, hope this means good things for the
    Legend? I don't even know who that is. Never heard of him till now. But hey if things are changed to make it better than all the better!

Quote Originally Posted by Jarion View Post
    I hate this trend of twitchy, action oriented game play. Warcraft became the biggest MMO in the world with tab target based combat with relatively few and simple abilities. I wish they'd stick to that instead of all of this frantic, reflex-based, mini-game shit they've been implementing. Unfortunately, it looks like we have even more of it coming as Frost seems to love it too.
    Really disagree, mainly cause i like being better then other people and a game like vanilla was wouldnt allow that currently and the fights would be boring as hell (i.e sit at boss and spam 1 ability for 10 minutes without moving).

Quote Originally Posted by Crruor View Post
    Really disagree, mainly cause i like being better then other people and a game like vanilla was wouldnt allow that currently and the fights would be boring as hell (i.e sit at boss and spam 1 ability for 10 minutes without moving).
    So go play a game like Wildstar? What the heck are you doing in WoW?

For me the raiding sweet spot was Vashj/Kael/Archie/Illidan. Those fights were interesting, challenging, required teamwork and you didn't have to spend the whole time watching tell me when or weak auras in order to preform your roll.
    Let Reason Prevail

Quote Originally Posted by zrankfappa View Post
    How about barrage not hitting mobs we aren't in combat with. They eventually fixed starfall, didn't they?
    Starfall still hits everything under the sun. At one point I believe they did make it so it only hit what you Moonfired, but let's face it, that's not terribly fun.

The thing is sometimes you really want this sort of behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by babyback View Post
    It wasnt the dungeon content that killed Wildstar.
    It wasn't JUST the dungeon content that killed WildStar.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Still no news on flying. This is getting sad.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    What the fuck is wrong with you? It had the best dungeons but the rest of the game was a pile of shit, how hard is that to understand? Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack Flash View Post
    wait. so people hate on the WoW dev team, which is the team for the most successful current MMO.

Yet they are cheering and praising a guy that came from a horrible fuck up of an MMO joining Blizzard?

Where is the logic in this community.
    This is so dumb, because every single MMO can be described as a horrible fuck up of an MMO. And for you that that means no one can be happy someone they like getting a blizzards job?

World of Warcraft has turned into Wildstar. The only redeeming thing WoW has going for it is it's raid content.

Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    Still no news on flying. This is getting sad.
    Its the only carrot they have left for Wod, they will want to dangle that pretty far out.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliazer681 View Post
    I never would have guessed a Wrathbaby wouldn't like difficult fights
    I'm not saying I didn't like difficult fights. I don't like scripted fights with 5,000,000 mechanics (mechanics don't make a fight hard)...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mcbubble View Post
    I'm not saying I didn't like difficult fights. I don't like scripted fights with 5,000,000 mechanics (mechanics don't make a fight hard)...
    Exactly that! more mechanics dont make a fight harder, they make it JUST SLOWER TO LEARN IT.
    I don't know, i haven't thought of a fight that would be tough not because it has 5 phases that you have to master step by step and also not being sheer numbers of damage taken and required to do to make it through.

What i am trying to say is, for players who are semi-hardcore and down to casual (= 90% of the guilds ?) like i was, it was really annoying making it to the last 2-3 bosses on every raid content and finding a tough raid boss that would required you 5 phases to wipe and learn each one till you master them all and make it good on transition phases between. I would prefer a Siegecrafter blackfuse over a 10phases last boss, although i have to admit Garrosh Mythic (ex-heroic) was super fun and hard but ok easier with a monk tank :P

I love how everyone is talking about Wildstar in the past tense. It's still going. And I play it from time to time. If it had sunk that badly, the game would have been shutdown. But it's not. It's doing what SWTOR did and SWTOR is still going strong. So.

Honestly, right now, if I had to pick a sicking ship of crap right now, it'd BE WoW. Especially since I'm seriously thinking of quitting after HFC is finally released to us casuals and taking up FFXIV and Wildstar completely until the next Blizzcon. And even then, I won't resub for WoW until the next expac has been thoroughly looked over.