Page 1 of 14
... LastLast

MTV White People

On July 22nd, MTV will air a documentary titled: White People In this documentary, Jose Antonio Vargas will look at race from the side of how white people today, deal with racism, white privilege and how white people identify themselves.

I find it interesting, seeing how many discussion we have in threads and it deals with race. In my opinion I tend to see that white people do not look at race as the other side. Again, personally I do not like when all I read is that of how white people, especially males, are the new people being persecuted in this country.

When was the last time you watched MTV?

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean it does sound interesting, I do like listening to the perspective of all sides. Just ugh... MTV lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    MTV is for kids. Mature adults don't watch MTV.
    Who cares what they broadcast, only children will see it.

*edit*
    Just watched the linked vid. LoL what a joke.
    I bet Mallsecurity, Pann and Protar would LOVE that fucking show.

Deleted
    Why didn't they ask black people what they think about them and do the whole self reflective thing instead seems strange to me in the first place.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't wait. A lot of white male 20 somethings on the Internet seem out of touch with social issues for some reason. The Confederate flag is trending social issue and yet so many can't even see why someone might find the flag offensive and why the Charleston shootings were the tipping point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    They used to air music!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    Maybe 1993.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    Interesting, though I wouldn't watch it since it's just something to grab your attention instead of an actual "documentary."

10+ Year Old Account
    Will this all be set to a Mentors as a soundtrack?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Deleted
    Are we meant to feel guilty for being born white when we had no control over it, or something?

All races have committed acts of evil. It's not exclusive to white people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutVodka View Post
    They used to air music!
    They did! I used to watch videos on Sat night after school.
    If you could stay up late enough, you could see the really cool obscure music videos from around the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Garian View Post
    Are we meant to feel guilty for being born white when we had no control over it, or something?

All races have committed acts of evil. It's not exclusive to white people.
    The documentary, while probably not stated, is from the view of United States citizens. Yes, anyone can be a racist. Here in the United States you cannot deny the advantages of whites, namely White Anglo Saxon Protestants have enjoyed. Same as if it was some country in Asia being racists to whites.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    The documentary, while probably not stated, is from the view of United States citizens. Yes, anyone can be a racist. Here in the United States you cannot deny the advantages of whites, namely White Anglo Saxon Protestants have enjoyed. Same as if it was some country in Asia being racists to whites.
    Did you have a list of those advantages?

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    MTV is for kids. Mature adults don't watch MTV.
    Who cares what they broadcast, only children will see it.

*edit*
    Just watched the linked vid. LoL what a joke.
    I bet Mallsecurity, Pann and Protar would LOVE that fucking show.
    You forgot Themius and a mod who will remain unnamed. Assuming that it's trying to say that it's all in white people's heads which is the idea I am getting from it.

PS: It isn't. Most of the people I know and deal with every day of any race or ethnic background get along just fine. At work there is no race and we do enjoy each other's company and work together. Yet the media will demonize anything done against a minority as a hate crime the second it happens. I can honestly say I've met as many racist black people as I have met racist white people in my life and even that has been very few.

Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    20 years ago maybe. The only white privilege that exists today is maybe in terms of attraction if that. Otherwise everything is equal. Inb4 people mention a Shaqualanfanza didn't get a job somewhere over Bob who did get the job when ratchet made up names like that(yes they are made up like Airwrecka) should have changed their name the second they were an adult.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    No, like, they used to air music during normal hours decades ago. Not at 3am.

Edus?
    They did, but they aired rly cool European videos late at night. They were EPIC.
    Falco Rock Me Amadeus non US version had a "slip of a nip'. That was BIG when I was younger.
    Last edited by Beazy; 2015-07-14 at 09:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    No, like, they used to air music during normal hours decades ago. Not at 3am.

Endus?
    What part of unnamed was so hard!!!!!!

Deleted
    People still watch MTV? :O

Just what I need to watch, a show informing me of my white privilege and how I should feel bad about it.