Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Hey I am not a fan of movies in general but this is basically a really long CGI cinematic? Count me in if so! Always loved Blizz CGIs.

Meh.. Too much CGI, could have hired some real orcs for the movie, but they decided to stick with humans, greenscreen and CGI, cheapasses...

TY internet i knew you wouldnt let me down

As for what i saw well i dont know what to think. Half of me think it looks awesome the other half me thinks it looks utter CGI shitfeast.

Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    Meh.. Too much CGI, could have hired some real orcs for the movie, but they decided to stick with humans, greenscreen and CGI, cheapasses...
    Well no shit. I highly doubt they're expecting this to be the next record-breaking blockbuster. It's a movie produced for an incredibly small target audience, relatively speaking when compared to most of the other movies that have been in theaters within the past decade.

It definitely seems like sound design is not even close on that clip. It's definitely missing a real score, and the sound effects didn't sound complete. The was NO sense of immersion trying to be obtained with that set of focus group clips (so called because it's not a teaser or a trailer).

I think that was more about how people would react to the Orc design, than as a trailer for the movie. That being said, I thought the design was good, even with the poor video quality. My feed back would be, even through the WoW orcs have a very particular style (which was followed exceptionally closely), it is awkward watching someone speak with a very large lower jaw. I don't know if there's a way to get the art style and still be able to relate. I tend to watch peoples lips as they talk, and that definitely did not work in this case (even after taking the clip and re-syncing the audio a smidge).

I'm still kind of pissed at legendary for not releasing SOMETHING to the public officially, I would have liked to have seen this in full quality rather than a cell cam, but this definitely hasn't changed my opinion on seeing the movie. It just makes me hope that they'll spend the next 10 months refining the sound, and ADR to make an epic movie feel more epic. The scene with guldan i think was visually appearing, but even as an agent of the Legion, he just seemed a bit flat.

I look forward to seeing more.

I felt an urge to stomp the guy that shouts "I'm not interested" with 4 seconds of trailer.

No offense.

Quote Originally Posted by Magemaer View Post
    I felt an urge to stomp the guy that shouts "I'm not interested" with 4 seconds of trailer.

No offense.
    You are not the only one.

I'm not a fan of so much CGI either but it can still be a great movie. And who are we kidding, everyone here is going to watch it either way.

Deleted
    LOL, now the internet will see the whole thing in garbage quality instead of a good one. That'll help you, Legendary!

Deleted
    Why the hell are people been so critical of the CGI? They have just less than a year left to get everything upto scratch. Plus, how many people still play warcraft 3? Do they do it for the graphics or because of the awesome story to it?

Why dont people wait until they get to the point where they are happy to actually release a trailer to the public before they start their criticisms. This is for comic con, for die-hard fans, of course they get some pre release footage.

Holy shit yes! This is exactly what I was hoping for. I'll absolutely be watching this movie as soon as it hits theaters!

10+ Year Old Account
    To those complaining about the CGI... the video was recorded on a camera with low quality in a dark room, and the movie itself was on a projector. What did you expect it to look like? That's like playing a modern game with a bad graphics card on low settings and saying its graphics are bad. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    You are not the only one.

I'm not a fan of so much CGI either but it can still be a great movie. And who are we kidding, everyone here is going to watch it either way.
    CGI is great, when I'm expecting it. I go into this movie knowing it's a CGI epic. That's cool. CGI hate is usually when it's plopped into places it doesn't belong.
    Wolfie Pandaren Shaman - Pet Collection - Mount Collection
    Pinfire Dwarf Hunter - SaintJoan Draenei Paladin - Sadiefalk Human Rogue - Hamartanein Dwarf Warlock
    Lotusdream Pandaren Monk - Aponyia Tauren Shaman

10+ Year Old Account
    in Limbo... damn the Wi-fi is expensive here...
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvern Tiger View Post
    LOL, now the internet will see the whole thing in garbage quality instead of a good one. That'll help you, Legendary!
    Let's hope they follow WB and release it properly like they did with Suicide Squad

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    I don’t mind CGI and ofc. CGI is the only way to make such movie

But this “orcs” look way too human; actually, they act like human, especially this preg “orc” chick

I giggled.

Quote Originally Posted by Caylis View Post
    Let's hope they follow WB and release it properly like they did with Suicide Squad
    Don't think they will as this isn't a trailer but a mash up of scenes. We'll get the trailer in November at Blizzcon (Opening Ceremony anyone?). Not that long to go

Got the feeling at Blizzcon that GC was leaving cause the old guard was dominating the panels and forcing all the attention on them. This is not how you make games but there are some big egos at Blizzard that loved to have their buts kissed by fans. Some of them maybe not the best developers... but as long as they take the credit ... they don't care.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Now come the horde of know-it-alls who will judge this movie in every direction based on an ultra-blurry record.

All I could think about was - I'm so damn tired of Orcs..

surprised people would complain about it being cgi heavy. Did you really think theyd have guys running around wearing costumes? This isnt the 80s anymore. Hope Legendary puts this on youtube now that its leaked though

10+ Year Old Account
    Not bad, guess it's mainly odd because it's actual footage out of context rather than a trailer. I hope the music gets better