Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Horde= Orc with some other races adding minor amounts of their own culture
    Alliance=See horde but replace orc with humans

Pretty much sums up both factions

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard really loves its orcs. Which is ironic, since the period where they stopped being generic orks and were given a Warcraft spin has been completely voided and reversed by most of their unflattering recent development.

Tough love I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by LordSarumantheWise View Post
    Warcraft has become Metzen-ified. Two orc x-pacs and now an orc film. I realise how much orcs have given to the overall Warcraft franchise, but what happened to the days of every race feeling like they got their share of content, lore and just being generally in the spotlight?
    You know I could have sword Mists of Pandaria was an expansion about Pandas, but then I guess Pandas might as well be orcs amiright?
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Warcraft has become Metzen-ified. Two orc x-pacs and now an orc film. I realise how much orcs have given to the overall Warcraft franchise, but what happened to the days of every race feeling like they got their share of content, lore and just being generally in the spotlight?
    2 Orc expansions? You're calling MOP an "Orc expansion"? Are you really that much of an idiot? Go troll somewhere else.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ramayana1423 View Post
    2 Orc expansions? You're calling MOP an "Orc expansion"? Are you really that much of an idiot? Go troll somewhere else.
    It totally was.... it was all about the evil horde doing their shenanigans in pandaria.

Quote Originally Posted by Texaswarrior View Post
    I found it confusing that Durotan spoke of a "planet", not a "world". How does he know what a planet is? Shadowmoon scryery? :x
    If we're going that route how did he know English?

Orcs invading is the Rising action and major conflict. If that footage only focused on alliance, there wouldn't be anything suspenseful to tease us with plotwise

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apples View Post
    yea. warcraft ORCS and humans

when was the last time we saw a human in any form of content anyway?
    Or one with a face and form that was even decent. -_-
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    If we're going that route how did he know English?
    And then you realise we're actually all Orcs irl.

The Orcs won the first war So naturally a movie based on it will have to build enough character development up for the Orcs so that the audience isn't left dissatisfied when the Orcs ruin storm winds shit

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt0193 View Post
    And then you realise we're actually all Orcs irl.
    ZUG ZUG

/zug

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ramayana1423 View Post
    Alliance doesn't have trolls, Horde do.

A year of SoO is enough orcs for 2 years. -_-

I know why Blizzard is focusing on orcs (dark bad creatures = sales to kiddies), but for the Alliance players it's too much of an overkill as our lore gets drowned out.

Turning Warcraft into a MMO sure hasn't been easy, as trying to balance 2 factions and their need for attention, a faction is going to lose out.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

ITT: Stupid people complaining that footage shows basic premise for whole this movie. XD

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2015-07-15 at 09:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am very confident Metzen isn't the only big Orc fan going around in Blizzard and while I think some more Alliance love and respect is needed, it's more then just one person.

dark bad creatures = sales to kiddies),
    I'm sure many actual kiddies it might scare them but I think you mean, adults and such who are *kiddy* almost like an insult.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2015-07-15 at 06:33 PM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I think it needs to calm down a bit WoW. I'm holding out judgment on the movie till I see it. I have concerns that it will be mostly focused around the Orcs, though. I'll see the movie regardless.
    It's how it started.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

People complaining about orcs and humans apparently know jack shit about the history of Warcraft.

I mean, the very first Warcraft game was called "Warcraft: Orcs & Humans" ffs.

Warcraft has become Metzen-ified. Two orc x-pacs and now an orc film.
    Not to be a dick, but I would hardly call MoP an "Orc expansion". Yes, 5.3 and 5.4 were heavily Orc-i-fied, but all of MoP? Nah.

Quote Originally Posted by apples View Post
    yea. warcraft ORCS and humans

when was the last time we saw a human in any form of content anyway?
    When Varian was a douche last expansion and didn't fucking do ANYTHING and his son seemed to be getting some character development but just got his leg crushed and then nothing else happened (Also, he's a fucking PRIEST. Learn to heal your leg you shitbird).

They should definitely have some Human development at some point, since Humans haven't ever been the focal point of any expansion, though you could say Vanilla and LK were when Humans were "at their high points".
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Hero-link View Post
    It was to be expected, i for one, am tired of orc filled content.

Obviously Orcs do matter in the warcraft content, but Blizzard (I mean... Metzen) completely forgets the world they are in and focus 90% of the Orcs and 10% on the Humans.

Thats why i will bet the movie will be NOTHING like the story told in the games previously to the coming of the Green Jesus. Story will be entirely remade so that the orcs are the poor innocent dudes that just need resources... while the Humans are the evildoers that don't wanna share the candies they got.
    Yeah, these are my thoughts exactly. Like sure, I get that a story set in this time is going to focus on orcs and humans but a) It's coming off of 6 or so years of orc focused content in the games, and b) You could have chosen a different story to use for the movie? I was really excited by the prospect of a story we hadn't seen before on screen, but nah.
    No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I'm sure many actual kiddies it might scare them but I think you mean, adults and such who are *kiddy* almost like an insult.
    If Blizzard is following Nintendo marketing "rules" it's the 15 to 21 year-old male demographic (the age group that will buy the toys) ... yeah, kiddies.

Want to know why Nintendo didn't do the same with girls (and thus cutting out women gamers in the market)? They don't buy the toys (thanks Robert Hall [dev from the original Deus Ex] for that interview). ^-^

Yes, it's kiddies, and they want a very specific market because that market is still dependent on their parents (who have the disposable income).

First let me say I do understand what the movie is based on so I'm not surprised on what it's about. But I do somewhat agree with the OP sentiment. I was very interested in seeing the movie when it all first started. Now, I'm so burned out on Orcs that my interest in the movie has waned quite a bit. So much other lore and and other cool races that could have stories told about.

From what I've seen the visuals look fantastic and the actors in the movie I consider very good ones. But, like I said, I'm just burned out on Orc stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    Blizzard really loves its orcs. Which is ironic, since the period where they stopped being generic orks and were given a Warcraft spin has been completely voided and reversed by most of their unflattering recent development.

Tough love I guess.
    I agree with this.
    Last edited by Honeyprime; 2015-07-15 at 09:07 PM.
    Karma always has the last laugh.