10+ Year Old Account

Where is Landsoul the Legend?

I looked up to Landsoul all the way through Wrath and Cata and a little of MoP. I loved his theory crafting and very in depth spreadsheets for BiS pieces. He has truly inspired me to continue playing my favorite class in the game and I am thankful for that.

What happened to him? He seems to have fallen off the grid of the high end raiding scene ever since Blood Legion went "casual".

If anyone has any information that would be greatly appreciated!
    Last edited by Antiplicity; 2015-07-15 at 12:42 PM.

Well in short he quit playing and enjoys some rl.

Quote Originally Posted by Antiplicity View Post
    I looked up to Landsoul all the way through Wrath and Cata and a little of MoP. I loved his theory crafting and very in depth spreadsheets for BiS pieces. He has truly inspired me to continue playing my favorite class in the game and I am thankful for that.

What happened to him? He seems to have fallen off the grid of the high end raiding scene ever since Blood Legion went "casual".

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...dsoul/advanced

7+ Year Old Account
    A little search yielded this...

Quote Originally Posted by Landsoul
    Wow, this is technically an old thread. I have neglected to post on this, anywhere. Here would be the first time I have responded publicly about it. Maybe I needed some time to be away before I could express things in an unbiased fashion.

It is great to compete within the top at something, but for me WoW raiding takes too much and gives too little back. Yes, there were implicit rewards like glory and honor. There are so many other areas of life that, if I invest my time that I would have playing WoW, I would get better explicit rewards.

I started WoW many years ago and invested my time in it because it made me feel good. I didn't feel my life was that amazing at the time, so I didn't think anything else would make me feel that way. I was in between dropping out of college, going in and out of the military, you name it. I was kind of a rebel. WoW kept getting bigger and bigger for me due to my dedicated nature as a person. I ran with it and gave 110% until this latest raid tier.

My life really has caught up to the point where I can't give even 100% to WoW without sacrifices I'm not willing to make. I am turning 31 this year. I own my own place. I am lucky to have a career that suits and compensates me well.

After a very long time, WoW has not been even interesting to me anymore - the same painting with different colors. Look up the greek myth Sisyphus for a good analogy. This was the final straw in my decision. I cancelled my subscription, and uninstalled the client to make more space on my SSD. I haven't logged in or even thought about it since. I have been playing video games of some kind for 25 years, and that results in having very matured viewpoints of what makes a great game. When I had some time to step away WoW and analyze / reflect on the entire experience, some very difficult realizations were made. Unfortunately, this forum is definitely not the place to discuss this reflection and analysis. I wish I could, though. It would probably be a great read.

What am I doing nowadays with my new time? Lately I have been bit-by-bit learning how to build a game engine from the ground up. From there it's on to building and designing games. It's a monumental task, but I've been making progress since day one. I have also been playing other games, exercising more, getting more sleep, paying more attention to the ones that I love, and focusing more on my career.

Thank all of you for being a great community. Thanks to everyone who downloaded my spreadsheets, read my guides, and signed up for coaching. Thanks for putting on the armor and facing adversity head on. Fellow Warriors, brothers in arms... all of you!
    Edited by Landsoul on 4/4/2015 6:15 PM PDT

Quote Originally Posted by Antiplicity View Post

I kicked him in the face last year at blizzcon and he quit wow shortly thereafter. Coincidence? I think not.

Landsoul quit WoW during BRF progression because Wild Strike is the epitome of what WoW is now.

I miss the landsoul spreadsheet

He's currently raiding in vodka. Plays a druid named preteen.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    I kicked him in the face last year at blizzcon and he quit wow shortly thereafter. Coincidence? I think not.
    Are you even fit enough to kick someone above their chest level? Doubt that....

Jesus he's 31. I would have quit a long time ago at that age.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thank you all for your responses!. Sad to see him go but its obviously for the best.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheValkyrie View Post
    Jesus he's 31. I would have quit a long time ago at that age.
    Easy killer. Easy. Once a gamer, always a gamer.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwimgi View Post
    Are you even fit enough to kick someone above their chest level? Doubt that....
    Have you ever met me?

You think I'm joking but it actually happened, there's even a video floating around somewhere!

I heard Landsoul is drinking mead with Odin and Thor.
    Last edited by Kumqatninja; 2015-07-19 at 12:19 AM.