What sata cable do I need for this SSD?

As topic says, I'm having issues connecting my SSD to this sata hub that looks to be in my PC.

Bought a https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 512 GB SSD recently, and got it all installed in my brackets and such.... Then when I tried to use a SATA 6 gbs cable, it didn't seem to fit with this sata hub that's in my PC?

Here's a picture of the hub. <link> (yes i know i'm a slob, haven't opened up this PC in ages, sue me :P)

Anyhow, the cable I bought from newegg,

<link>

Didn't seem to fit into the connector at the sata hub at all. Sorry for being retarded at this, but did I buy the wrong type of SATA cord (didn't even realize till today there might have been different types) and if so, which one do I need to buy instead? I found it wierd that the sata cable only used like half of the connectors on the hub / SSD, so not sure if that is an issue as well.

That's the one.

Your "hub" has several connections for sata data and power.

You'll notice that your SATA cable has a sort of "L" shaped connector.

It fits into the smaller part of your board connector, what you're calling the "hub". (BTW, is that a Corsair Obsidian case?)

On the right side of the "hub" are two connectors, a smaller one (data) and a larger one (power). The part you took a picture of is the part you slide the drive into in its rack.

If that's a Corsair Obsidian case (looks like it is) you should have removeable racks. Your comment mentions brackets, so I assume that's the case. Once you've put the drive in the rack, you just replace the rack in the case.

The SATA data connection to your motherboard hooks into the "hub" on the other side. It's probably already connected. In other words, if you need a seperate cable, what you took a picture of isn't where you connect it. Assuming your case is the one I mentioned, or one like it.

Give more details if this doesn't help.

Well, the cord didn't seem to fit at all onto the hub, it fit just fine onto the SSD... lemee give this another shot, one moment.

Oh, and I looked at the motherboard, I saw both SATA connectors being used, one for the main hard drive I presume and another from I assume for this hub.

I couldn't find much information on the mobo / case, as I bought this from cyberpower (sue me lol), but here's what they're labled as...

CASE: CFI Taiji Full-Tower Gaming Case w/ 1x 140 & 2x 120mm Fans, Front USB 3.0, HDD Easy Swap Bays & Side-Panel Window
    MOTHERBOARD: [CrossFireX] MSI Z87-G41 PC Mate Intel Z87 Chipset DDR3 ATX Mainboard w/ Military Class 4, OC Genie II, 7.1 HD Audio, GbLAN, HDMI, 2 Gen3 PCIe x16, 2x PCI-e & 2 PCI (Pro OC Certified)

So your telling me I don't connect my SSD to this hub I see? It's behind a bunch of brackets so I assumed it was.

EDIT: Just had a thought, is it supposed to connect directly to the SSD? Almost looks like it is... although how I installed it into the bracket makes the SSD connectors just a bit to the left of the connector on the hub (its enclosed in a 3.5 to 2.5 bay that is inside the bracket)

- - - Updated - - -

Okay, turns out I don't know shit. The 'hub' is really two hubs or something looks like, with two sata connectors going out the back of each of them. Gave up on working with that, also found out that the two sata connectors on my motherboard we're actually connected to my hard drive & my DVD drive. So since I haven't used my DVD drive in ages I decided to do this....

Hard drive was on SATA port 1 from what i remember
    DVD drive was on SATA port 2

Since the connector I bought for the SSD didn't fit on port 2 (due to how it was shaped) I put it on port 1 was the hard drive was at, and moved the cable that was connecting my old hard drive to SATA port 2

Now, when I'm in my computer now, it recognizes the new crucial SSD under device manager, yet I can't clone to it or even view the drive at all under the "computer" window. Help? Here's some screenshots to hopefully help show what's wrong.

http://imgur.com/a/15FwC
    Last edited by Bareno; 2015-07-16 at 02:06 AM.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If I may ask, why did you buy such an old SSD?

Reason being, the m4 series is from 2011... it's old. No longer up to snuff, take it from someone who made the m4 128GB their first... of many Crucial SSDs.

Now look at this deal on a Crucial MX200 500GB.

http://www.amazon.com/Crucial-MX200-...al+mx200+512gm

If you can return the m4 and get this, I'd SERIOUSLY suggest you do. No reason you should have to spend so much extra on 4 year old technology!
    Last edited by DeltrusDisc; 2015-07-16 at 05:56 AM.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    If I may ask, why did you buy such an old SSD?

Reason being, the m4 series is from 2011... it's old. No longer up to snuff, take it from someone who made the m4 128GB their first... of many Crucial SSDs.

Now look at this deal on a Crucial MX200 500GB.

http://www.amazon.com/Crucial-MX200-...al+mx200+512gm

If you can return the m4 and get this, I'd SERIOUSLY suggest you do. No reason you should have to spend so much extra on 4 year old technology!
    Didn't even realize this was 'old technology', meh, oh well, still seeing an performence upgrade after I got everything up and running tonight.

EDIT: Heh, looked at my box the SSD came in... I swear I bought what I linked, but it already is an mx200? Thanks amazon lol

Anyhow, figured out to initialize the SSD thanks to google and clone'd my old HD's content to it so we're good now, thanks!
    Last edited by Bareno; 2015-07-17 at 02:10 AM.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Awesome! And glad to see you got the newer SSD! It's both better and cheaper! Have fun with your new toy!
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water