Page 5 of 95 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I'm willing to bet that he won't be convicted but the feminists will not get punished in any way and he won't get his job back.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    He was harassing them.
    Lol, right, if he was harassing them, then you are harassing me. Not agreeing with shaming someone is not harassing. It is in fact not agreeing to harass someone els.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MeHMeH View Post
    Lol, right, if he was harassing them, then you are harassing me. Not agreeing with shaming someone is not harassing. It is in fact not agreeing to harass someone els.
    Its ok. When it comes to topics that include the word "feminism", Winter Blossom doesnt read and simply assumes the women are right.

Yeah, the fem-scare, yaaawn. Hold on to your pants, kids. This is a typical case of "professional arguists" and how far they can take it. As the anarchist said, the story isn't as one-sided as you may think.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    Parts left out from the OP:

The guy applied to work for the three women.
    The guy got rejected because he came across as someone having a lot of anger issues.
    He got upset and obsessed about not getting the job and then continuously kept stalking the women on the internet.
    Even when he got blocked, several times, he kept finding ways around it to still being able to contact and message them.

That are the details you will find after a bit of googling. The story isn't as one-sided.
    Those parts were largely left out because they do not matter one bit. The only thing that might be considered useful information is that he supposedly applied for a job there. But this is just something that you have said, so i cant really take it very seriously without a source.
    The rest of the points made are just stupid, you can't know if he had any anger issues, them saying so doesn't make it true, specially since they are suing him.
    "Stalking someone on the internet" is laughable, everyone is free to go were they want on the internet. If you post information on it, it is free for everyone to look up. You are not "free to not be contacted by someone" it just does not exist, if you really do not want to be contacted, you should not have the internet, that is your right.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    Its ok. When it comes to topics that include the word "feminism", Winter Blossom doesnt read and simply assumes the women are right.
    Funny thing is, if you call her out on what she is you WILL be infracted for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    MMO champ needs to update rules for harassment.

Is shitposting on their twitter "stalking," per se? I guess it constitutes harassment, but it's tough to stalk somebody without leaving your apartment.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sahugani View Post
    I don't know everyone else's opinion, but I, for one, welcome our new feline overlords.
    Yes, I agree. I think a real Catriarchy would be an utopia and a world where we all would want to live in.

Deleted
    That is some total bullshit there. There is nothing okay with getting harassed or continously contacted by someone on the internet when you don't want to talk to them anymore or when you try to block them several times. Most of the time the company itself will take measures to prevent it, such as Blizzard banning your account for example. (I've seen several examples before of guys that got told they will get suspended if they dare private message someone specific again).

These women want to take it to court instead, and I can clearly see how they have a solid case for harassment.
    Yea, you could "see it", that doesn't make any of it true. The only thing this would imply is that you have a distorted view on it. That a private company has this policy doesn't imply that it this is a standard for the whole of the internet. You do not have a right, not to be contacted, it simply does not exist.
    Oh almost forgot, and this is assuming that any of it is even true.
    Last edited by mmoc4a3002ee3c; 2015-07-16 at 08:09 AM.

Ugh feminists are the worst :/
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    Yes, I agree. I think a real Catriarchy would be an utopia and a world where we all would want to live in.
    You have not met my ginger cat tigger!

He would make pol pot, Saddam and Hitler seem like mother Teresa and ghandi!

Considering the nature of online trolling, harassment and stalking, this guy seems like a very unlikely one to be called out on it. He'd barely score a 3 out of 10 when it comes to intimidation and strength of harassment. That just makes this all come off as just something to bring public naming and shaming to someone that you don't like.

I doubt there will be a conviction, but there won't have to be, for the damage to be done to the accused in this case. The goals of the accusers are met, because there's really no negative consequences to bringing a case like this to court, if you can afford it.

I'm all for actual trolls, harassers and stalkers meeting some consequence for their behaviour. But this case is a frivolous as suing the neighbour you have regular verbal arguments with. Mostly unfounded cases like this are just going to make it harder to put actual online monsters, guilty of true intimidation with threats of death or physical/sexual harm, on trial.

10+ Year Old Account
    A thread about feminish without He Who Shall Not be Named posting on it? Im shocked!

What scares me more is there are people who will defend these "feminists"

Because apparantly completely ruining a guy's life over nothing is a-ok.
    Then again, nothing surprise me on Gen-OT anymore.

The guy applied to work for the three women.
    Completely irrelevant and have absolutely zero significance on this case, why are you even bringing this up?

The guy got rejected because he came across as someone having a lot of anger issues.
    Still completely irrelevant, so having "anger issues" is now a reason for being dragged to court?
    Nor did you even post any evidence on this, it's all bullshit getting spewn from these "feminists"

He got upset and obsessed about not getting the job and then continuously kept stalking the women on the internet.
    Still no evidence or anything to back up this statement, how did he stalk them? How long did he stalk them?
    How is being upset over not getting a job ground enough to be dragged to court? Are you honestly this delusional?

Even when he got blocked, several times, he kept finding ways around it to still being able to contact and message them.
    Still no evidence, and most likely again just bullshit being spewn.

Police charged Gregory Alan Elliott, a 52-year-old man who tweets with the handle @greg_a_elliott, with criminal harassment and breaking a peace bond because of his online behaviour, officers said Wednesday.

Stephanie Guthrie, the complainant, said she met with Elliot in person last spring when she was organizing for her group Women in Toronto Politics (#WiTOpoli) events and he contacted her on Twitter offering to design a poster.

“We met. I got a bad vibe from him,” she said. “Over the next couple of days I noticed he was making a lot of unsolicited sexual comments to women on Twitter.”

When she declined his offer to help with her event, he started making “Twitter jabs” at her. Guthrie claims Elliot continued to make sexual comments online, including towards women she knows.

“So we confronted him about it and said, ‘We’re seeing a lot of you sexually harassing women on Twitter, could you please stop?’” she said.

At that point, Guthrie alleges the harassment started. He would tweet negative things about her, called her a bully, spread false rumours about her organization and invented the hashtag #fascistfeminists to describe her and her colleagues, she alleged. She and other women asked him over Twitter to stop contacting them, but the tweets continued, she said.

“The only recourse was contacting the police,” she said.
    This is nothing but a case of "he said bad words and sexist words on his own twitter, and i'll call the police for it"
    It's insanity, but this is coming from a person who went out and publicly released personal information about a guy who made a game that triggered her, nothing is surprising.
    Last edited by Strangebrew; 2015-07-16 at 08:46 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by UnholySanctuary View Post
    I'm all for women's rights, but feminism needs to end.
    Oh dear... I can already tell this discussion is going to be worthless

I hope they put him in jail, just so I can here fedora manbabies cry about feminazi's and all that good stuff.

/popcorn

10+ Year Old Account
    There are stupid people of both genders who exploit any loophole/advantage they can to push their own agenda. The gender isn't the issue: the stupidity of the individual is, and will be until the end of civilization.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    Oh dear... I can already tell this discussion is going to be worthless

I hope they put him in jail, just so I can here fedora manbabies cry about feminazi's and all that good stuff.

/popcorn
    Good job making yourself look even worse than that guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

I was describing a series of events. ... Wether every step on the way was relevant or not, I'm pretty sure it is when you're trying to understand what the courtcase is about.

It's literally in almost every first google results you get. Wether or not there is enough evidence for harassment will be up for the court to decide. But I'd rather have the story of both sides on the table instead of instantly jumping unto the bandwagon of crying about feminists. This feminist-scare which is proven to be bullshit time and time again, and some kind of weird obsession of young adult reactionary men right now, is getting really exhausting. It's like watching the Nazi party keeping on producing made-up and truth-twisted horror stories about jews in their early years. *Godwinned*

IF the guy really did excessively try to spam and contact them on the internet, then he deserves the harassment charges and the punishment. IF he didn't, well then, that's case closed... or are we upset now that there is a justice system that gives everyone a chance at being heard? Private businesses having the right to deciding to fire people, isn't a reason to stop prosecuting possible criminals. If you're so upset about him losing his job because he's being sued for harassment by three different women, then consider complaining about the law that allows businesses to fire people over such a thing.
    Right, we'll just have to ignore the attempt to frame him for being a pedophile. That was completely innocent. Or where that plan was hatched, a meeting they held to plan out how to publicly shame him.

Also, the third allegation was dropped.

The whole charge is based on "victims" perception, not on any concrete happenings. No sexual messages, no threats, nothing. Just "I felt harassed".

The whole case stinks to high fucking hell.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    Because in most of North America and Europe there isn't a reason for feminism as women now have more rights than men, but instead of trying to fix global problems that women do have, they sit and search for things to complain about and push men or women who disagree with them into the dirt. There is no inequality for women in the United States right now. There is no reason for feminism in the United States other than reaching out to places like the Middle East where women are oppressed.

That is what is really concerning. People who claim they care about women's rights when really it's about what they can get for themselves and screw women who truly need help.
    You fucking wot? Women don't have more rights than men.

Deleted
    Cool it people

After hearing closing submissions Tuesday from Chris Murphy, who represents 54-year-old Greg Elliott, Ontario Court Judge Brent Knazan is expected to rule on Oct. 6.
    The guy hasn't even had a verdict yet...