Page 53 of 95 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    wait... what percentage of the population is made up by fortune 500 people?

IS that even a good example of a sample of the population? Or just the next "WMD's in [insert place]" to work up people into a fervor?
    that's a major issues alot of us have with modern feminism, only seeing the men at the top and ignoring that men are also the vast majority of those at the very bottom of society, claim there is a glass ceiling while ignoring the glass floor they are standing on

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garian View Post
    As Rob Pardo said, he simply didn't receive female applications for Blizzard.
    I wonder how much of that is true. A friend of mine applied for a job as an artist/animator at Blizzard about a year and a half ago and they didn't even so much as interview her because she didn't have a lot of video game design experience, only film design. And her art work is very very good, she often sketches things by hand out of the blue and they look like she spent weeks working on. Take what company executives often say with a grain of salt, especially from gaming companies. That is one.industry that is heavily male dominated still, but the number of women getting into the industry is growing quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    All of the Fortune 500 Company's have adopted quotas and hired on women, and have still maintained success. That is the point, which hasn't cost them productivity, nor has it some how stifled any progress or advancement over the last 30 years ore more.
    so basing success on less than 3% of teh work force saying people want equality...

but making no attempt to force it in other sexually biased fields because THIS field makes money among the top 1%

but lets not look at the other male dominated careers or hell the careers where females have the vast superior benefits cause that isn't 'real' equality.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    I wonder how much of that is true. A friend of mine applied for a job as an artist/animator at Blizzard about a year and a half ago and they didn't even so much as interview her because she didn't have a lot of video game design experience, only film design. And her art work is very very good, she often sketches things by hand out of the blue and they look like she spent weeks working on. Take what company executives often say with a grain of salt, especially from gaming companies. That is one.industry that is heavily male dominated still, but the number of women getting into the industry is growing quickly.
    Or maybe they have better artists.

I don't think anyone "deserves" any wage, beyond what the state demands as a minimum.
    People get paid as little as possible. Any deviation is just competition: the company would rather not have them leave. A person with long term experience is more valuable: because they're experienced with the company culture, which they can share with newcomers; or they've proved themselves valuable in times of tight deadlines, or other crisis.
    Easily measurable production is best left to burger flipping or other soon to be replaced by robots jobs, where everybody gets a shitty pay anyway.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vea Lea View Post
    ???

is 65% women participate in labor here and 80% men and have very much better pay in same jobs lol
    You are livining in Thailand I asume? if so you have my biggest condolences if you are a woman living there the thing is SEA countries along with much of Asia still need "feminism" so to speak. I personally wouldent want to live if I were a woman knowing that for example if you have a husband he has a right to have a mistress dosent help that its a military dictatorship either. The main thing to take from here that people are talking about the west EU/NA from which btw these sort of feminists hail from.

Anyways having read about 50 pages of this drivel is this Mall Security for about 40-60% of this thread has been nothing but him I will admit at first I found everything he wrote a source of frustration but after 40 pages it had all turned into comedy gold for me. I always though people with almost 11k posts would have posted in alot of of threads but guess I was wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garian View Post
    You should lift up your fellow man, not put them down to impress women.
    No, one should be an individual, and a MAN should grow the fuck up, and stop blaming all his man problems on women because he is too dumb or fucking ignorant to read any history, or do any resource not found on Google or YouTube!

Read the sources in the article. Whenever Obama claims that women earn 77% of every dollar a man makes, he's not looking at when hours are worked. He is being what we call disingenuous.
    This is not about Obama, feminism didn't fucking start when Obama got into office.

You will find that many people hold traditional conservative views, both men and women. Are women oppressing themselves by wanting relationships with men where men take care of them more?
    Nope, some women are making a choice to serve in traditional roles, and some are not, and some are trying to punish either or for making that decision, and it is typically driven by fucking ignorance.

Some people are simply better than others at certain aspects of life.
    A fact that is completely irrelevant to your argument, which has nothing to do with nature, reason or logic.

Show me this supposed mass discrimination against women in the workforce based solely on their sex. All you can really show me is a debunked pay gap myth and men working far more dangerous jobs.
    Is this where you want me to link you a video, because I am not going to, nor will I link you biased bullshit either from the internet or Tumblr or any fucking place else, to do real research requires more than just google.

There's a shortage of people with STEM skills right at this very moment. No one is stopping women from learning them.

Please, by all means, do so.
    There is a shortage but please, by all means blame that on feminism, and Unicorns.

I have a right to exist. People who share my views have a right to exist. I'm not going to live in a gynocentric world where men are nothing but throwaways to defend women.
    Who the fuck is debating if you have the right to exist. I can't take that away from you, neither can feminist. You want to go around calling all Feminist a bitch and lesbians, ain't nobody stopping you obviously, but this idea that YOU have the right over any of them or make your biases the truth about ANYBODY else, doesn't exist.

I can see how people such as yourself managed to take control of the narrative though. You are defending injustice so aggressively that I fear for the future.
    No you can't because you are nothing like me, and I am nothing like you, so stop trying to think because we are both MEN you have any fucking intuition about what the fuck I think anymore than I do about you, and stop thinking you know shit or have any special wisdom either

Like suggesting I am a paid government poster. Seriously man you aren't that important and neither am I.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Dendrek View Post
    I have a seriously hard time trusting the sources the OP linked. We're getting one side of the story that is almost completely devoid of any actual evidence. They're just making a bunch of qualitative statements. I have a very difficult time believing you can get a court case going about harassment with no actual evidence of harassment.
    Eh, not the first time the courts in Canada have had a case go to trial without any real evidence... I had an uncle arrested for something I will not mention here. He was not actually guilty and I and several witnesses's statements that he was nowhere near the incident in question (that never happened by the way) were dismissed because they were "alibis". The fact that the people accusing him changed their stories between every case, and our lawyer was not even given any disclosure or documents of any kind other than severely redacted versions that were pretty much useless until literally 10 minutes before the final court hearing of his conviction has made me lose faith in our entire justice system here in Canada. Oh, and his conviction sentence was based on a charge that was never even brought up until the hearing for his conviction and that he was never arrested for initially, they just tacked it on during the hearing.

This has happened a lot more since Harper came into power with is majority government, and the fact that he wants to build more jails, coupled with the amount of people being jailed for ridiculous things like the story in the OP cannot be coincidence.

I only bring up this story because it has to do with feminist as well. Basically the 3 officers investing the case which was my uncle vs a female, were all female themselves. He ended up with an all female jury, and a female judge...
    Last edited by Zergin8r; 2015-07-17 at 03:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    And a hundred researches and studies tell us that you are fucking wrong.

"And you can find the unbiased report on www.men-theonlygenderthatmatters.com!"
    how about politifact or is that some evil mra site?

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...ender-pay-gap/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Canpinter View Post
    that's a major issues alot of us have with modern feminism, only seeing the men at the top and ignoring that men are also the vast majority of those at the very bottom of society, claim there is a glass ceiling while ignoring the glass floor they are standing on
    Well your problem with modern feminism, being that you don't appreciate proportions really, isn't the fault of anybody else including feminist. A guy having a hard time doesn't suggest the same conditions are worse in different ways for women.

The vast majority of power over resources stems from traditions that have had men at the top dominantly, and of course MEN who aren't, the same can be said for most women working, they aren't all moving right into the CEO position of company's.

Some might be extended extra advancement because Company's like to have some diversity in representations. But the fact they are all filled up on men, isn't exactly feminist problem or fault either. Shocker MEN can't have every fucking thing all the time, and when they don't it isn't because of someone is keeping them down from what is theirs automatically.

- - - Updated - - -

No, but the fact you put a bias for or against it, already tips your hand to what you are going to build on what you think it means, or that because your source leans right or left, that someone else is going to agree.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Deleted

Well I admit that I believed that the PayGap was unfair but now I have no excuse to still hold on to my views based on
    outdated data.

Thank you for educating us it was an interesting read.

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post

No, but the fact you put a bias for or against it, already tips your hand to what you are going to build on what you think it means, or that because your source leans right or left, that someone else is going to agree.
    wtf dose this even mean?

Your own link admits that there is a pay gap, it's just a far more complex issue than a bumper sticker slogan can explain. This shouldn't be a surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by buck008 View Post
    Your own link admits that there is a pay gap, it's just a far more complex issue than a bumper sticker slogan can explain. This shouldn't be a surprise.
    and far smaller then the 77 cents that feminists repeatedly claim

and far smaller then the 77 cents that feminists repeatedly claim
    *depending on the state, industry, and other factors. Sometimes it is exactly that number. Reporting all the facts is kind of important or you just use disingenuous numbers again.

yes the 77 cent pay gap is only ture in the sense of raw earnings ignoring all relevant factors just like what you linked says

yes the 77 cent pay gap is only ture in the sense of raw earnings ignoring all relevant factors just like what you linked says
    His point was sometimes it is lower than 77 cents. Reading comprehension is fun. You are standing behind one part of the study, and kind of ignoring the rest as it suits you.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    It didn't sound like what she was saying was bad. She's not a femi-nazi... which a lot of people on here think is the same as feminism.

"Watson's speech also called feminism "the belief that men and women should have equal rights and opportunities" and declared that the perception of "man-hating" is something that "has to stop"

Kinda hard when I keep reading storys like the OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    I didn't say it was 77 cents on the dollar.
    The fact that this number is not correct, doesn't change the fact that there is an issue.
    Agree?
    yes an issues but not the massive one that gets throw around constantly

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Both, actually. It's easy to understand once you realize there is a social construction of gender, primarily in the form of gender roles, that is distinct from gender identity.

I didn't read the rest of your post because you never have anything to say worth reading. I just saw the comic and wanted to correct the false dichotomy.
    You keep trying to leave and we keep pulling you back in.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland