Thread: Iskar HC Help

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Iskar HC Help

Hey, our guild (6/13 hc) is currently struggling a bit on Iskar HC.

We do it similar to the fatboss video (moving forward everytime a fire comes in) which works out nicely in the normal phases, but we got some problems in the intermission-phase.

The first intermission is still fine, I (shaman healer) and a mage are swapping the eye around and I am dispelling the bombs. The priest pretty much always dies as the boss comes down and we have low amounts of problems there.

The second intermission, I and a tank swap the eye for interrupting/dispelling which works fine during the phase, but after the phase is over the priest is always at half HP with the construct dead, and when the wind comes in we gotta throw the eye around, but there are still bombs going out, which although the people with bombs run out most of the time kills 2 - 3 dps.

We only saw the last intermission two times, but we had the plan that we dont dispell the boms, but instead they always run out and the tanks switch the eye for the tank add and interrupting.

Do you think we just need better DPS to kill the adds faster during the intermission?

And how does your guild handle the bombs if they cant be dispelled?

Thanks for your help

Priest should be targeted before construct, and rotate the eye between the person assigned to dispel and a tank to interrupt. Tank first for interrupt, then healer for dispel, rinse repeat. Third add phase go priest > raven > construct, have the tank have the eye for interrupt and to prevent the raven debuff, and again a healer for dispelling.

Running out bombs in third add phase isn't ideal because only the person holding the eye can see the invisible bomb to dispel. Save hero for this phase, and get the priest down asap. You want the tank doing the interrupt because this third add phase the tank with the raven will be immune to the debuff as well as being able to interrupt. Once the priest is down, if you need to tank swap for the eye stacks you can swap between tanks and do a taunt swap on the raven.

We've killed him every single time with (Raven>)Construct>Priest so "priest should be targeted before construct" is not accurate.

@OP: If you're still having anything alive from the air phase during winds then you should really look at your dps.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    We do it as follows if that helps:

Exorsus Raid tools Required by raid.

Group 1 : 2 tanks, 2 Rogues, 1 Paladin

Chakra's run to Right....
    Fire runs to left...

During winds toss Eye fast as possible then back to group 1.

Intermission 1: swap between paladin and rogue. Burn Priest down, dispelling bombs.
    Intermission 2: swap between paladin and rogue. Burn Priest down, Burn warden down, remember dispel bombs, interrupt warden.
    Intermission 3: swap between paladin and raven tank. Heroism, Second pots, Burn Raven to ground, Burn priest, Burn Warden, Dispel, and interrupt.

The raven dies first, then priest, then warden. You will notice once the priest dies, we can simply toss the eye between to two rogues, interrupting as we go. If you can handle the wardens interrupts the fight becomes pretty easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Adramelch View Post
    We've killed him every single time with (Raven>)Construct>Priest so "priest should be targeted before construct" is not accurate.

@OP: If you're still having anything alive from the air phase during winds then you should really look at your dps.
    Sure, you can kill them in whatever order you want, but priest > raven > construct is the easiest order to do it in. Once the priest is down, the mechanics for tossing become extremely simple. The priest being alive and throwing out bombs during winds is alot harder to manage than interrupting the construct for example, or simply having a tank hold it for the raven. Can it be done? Of course it can, but why advise a harder path to a group having difficulties?

By having your tank holding the eye while tanking the raven, you can deal with two mechanics on a single pass of the eye rather than two.

Need to tailor your strat to your group of course, and if you are absolutely top notch at passing the eye immediately to the right target you can pretty much ignore the priest and just passive cleave him down. That type of group wouldn't be having difficulty with heroic iskar though, so we do need to tailor advice to the group.
    Last edited by Sandraudiga; 2015-07-16 at 03:25 PM.

I understand that, but I'd still say their major issue is the dps. Now I remember the timers being kinda wacky back in the first week or so, but I don't think you get the first winds for quite some time after the air phase (10-15 seconds)? Surely they shouldn't have problems killing two adds in the entirety of air phase and those extra seconds?

PS: Logs would help on that regard.

iskar assist addon - must have

Deleted
    Thanks for your help everyone, we got iskar assist and all are using it.

Thanks for the tip with burning the priest in all intermissions, we are gonna try that, it really seems simpler.

Our guild is pretty casual and some dps are not the greatest, there could be some big improvements.

Can't provide logs unfortunately as I deleted our wipe night last week.

I thank you all for your help, gonna try your advice next tuesday

We don't even kill the Raven in the last add phase.

Our death knight tank pulls the Raven out to the side and just uses a cooldown for every corruption so we can ignore it entirely. Kill the priest, kill the warden, kill the boss.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAhKmSCe6I8 Like this. That was our first kill and several healers didn't realize not to go too close to the raven tank at the end, it's been super clean ever since.

Everyone uses Exorsus raid tools for the winds.
    Last edited by Nitros14; 2015-07-17 at 07:03 AM.

I agree with Sandraudiga. We've been killing priest last each time, however, I feel like it'd work better to priest first as the other mechanics are easier to deal with when you get them combined with wind. My suggest to OP is, if you're going to continue to kill priest last you should let the bombs go out and get dispelled before tossing the eye around to the people effected by wind. If you have Iskar assist (Exorcist raid tools addon) then the winds should ideally only take a couple of seconds. Also the bombs will wipe the group, winds might kill one two people tops so if you have to choose (bonus tip, some classes don't need the eye to survive winds, warlock portals can also assist in this).

We killed it last week using the following strats:

Chakrams right to markers.

People with fire stand still to reduce the area it takes up. Pop a defensive, get an external, etc.

Raven > Warden > Priest in all phases. This allows us to keep eye stacks low by having easier windows to toss between tank/healer/winds.

Having Exorsus makes it a joke to deal with winds and otherwise manage the eye.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandraudiga View Post
    Once the priest is down, the mechanics for tossing become extremely simple. .
    It's a 3 layer sandwich. Once you remove any of the layers it becomes simple.

Deleted
    Just juggle the eye between a holy paladin, mistweaver or a resto shaman. They can dispell and interupt.

I don't understand how people are so slow with throwing the ball around on this boss. You've got the winds on you, you know the ball is coming, so hover your damn mouse over the throw button (addon or no addon, either way works fine) targetting someone else who also has winds and needs the ball, and then just click immediately when you receive the ball. That should take under half a second. It's not hard, but every night people take like 5 seconds and need their names called out specifically in vent to realize they have it, find someone else who needs it, and click the throw button.

We kill priest - raven - construct.

It's important to kill adds quickly. Like you said, if wind happens while a bomb is planted, it's a high chance of being a wipe. Make sure people are actually targetting those priority targets.

Also, a shaman can dispel bombs and interrupt the construct at the same time (wind shear OP), which is good for the 2nd add wave.

Deleted
    You should really take a closer look into your DPS, in most cases the reasons for wipes are people slacking or not doing single target DPS in those phases for priority targets. Cut the baddies and come back next week with more gear.

Deleted
    Firstly, make sure you have Iskar assist, it makes it so much easier to juggle the ball when needed.

Make sure you are bouncing the ball between the tank for interrupts, and a healer for the bombs.

In the Raven phase have your other tank to move the Raven outside the raid, kill the Priest and the Construct, then finish off boss ignoring the Raven.

As discipline, I do the dispels in the air phase and pass it back to the tank (and interrupt the odd cast if the tank wants me to - 30 yard range).

Quote Originally Posted by The Don View Post
    Firstly, make sure you have Iskar assist, it makes it so much easier to juggle the ball when needed.

Make sure you are bouncing the ball between the tank for interrupts, and a healer for the bombs.

In the Raven phase have your other tank to move the Raven outside the raid, kill the Priest and the Construct, then finish off boss ignoring the Raven.
    Well, that or manage one tank to handle the ball and interrupts, thats what we did. Just pass the ball for dispells and, eventually, some winds.

Quote Originally Posted by Arborus View Post
    We killed it last week using the following strats:

Chakrams right to markers.

People with fire stand still to reduce the area it takes up. Pop a defensive, get an external, etc.

Raven > Warden > Priest in all phases. This allows us to keep eye stacks low by having easier windows to toss between tank/healer/winds.

Having Exorsus makes it a joke to deal with winds and otherwise manage the eye.
    That is a very interesting idea, does anyone else do this?