Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    Deleted

Angry Does Method even have competition anymore?

The game appears to have 6% of the popularity it had in WotLC (according to Google Trends) so they practically have roughly 17 times less competition. That means 5-6 years ago they would 17 other "Paragons" to compete with. What would be their chances?

Things changes, Time changes... what the hell do you expect... Wow is already old.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think the number of guild that raid 7 d/wk and do daytime raiding is pretty similar to WotLK.
    The question is if they have a higher number of recruits interested to choose from.

no-one can compete with Method, not anymore. There isn't not even a single guild as good as method, Paragon are not even close. Method get the job done no matter what.they learned their mistake when they lost in Highmaul but now, they are kicking ass all day.

Deleted
    Yeah, Paragon. Do you honestly in your right mind think that Paragon didn't compete with Method when they were the only 2 guilds at 13/13.
    Method did better and won, that's it. You guys make it sound like they were months ahead of their supposed competitors.

There's 5 guilds left at 12/13. I would say they at least have 5 sources of competition.

Quote Originally Posted by Razhork View Post
    Yeah, Paragon. Do you honestly in your right mind think that Paragon didn't compete with Method when they were the only 2 guilds at 13/13.
    Method did better and won, that's it. You guys make it sound like they were months ahead of their supposed competitors.
    Not sure what you mean because they are not the only guilds at 13/13M. Method is the ONLY guild at 13/13M, we'll see when Paragon gets it down.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    There's 5 guilds left at 12/13. I would say they at least have 5 sources of competition.
    All depends when the next guild gets it down i suppose. I think its made more impressive by the fact they didnt get any leg rings this lockout.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Albimoo View Post
    Not sure what you mean because they are not the only guilds at 13/13M. Method is the ONLY guild at 13/13M, we'll see when Paragon gets it down.
    My bad, meant 12/13. For almost a entire lockout Paragon and Method were duking it out with 12/13 both, however Method had that extra lockout worth of mannoroth loot. Method were ahead for a long time, but nothing was guranteed.

My bad, meant 12/13. For almost a entire lockout Paragon and Method were duking it out with 12/13 both, however Method had that extra lockout worth of mannoroth loot. Method were ahead for a long time, but nothing was guranteed.
    Extra lockout of loot, also killed it raiding only night time hours, missed out on 7 hours of pulls last week and 1 this week due to lockout issues. I'd say the extra time that Paragon had on Archi was more than equal to the extra loot from mannoroth for Method.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Method was the first guild to get 12/13 so they had a head start, that's all it comes down to with those top guilds.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunta1337 View Post
    no-one can compete with Method, not anymore. There isn't not even a single guild as good as method, Paragon are not even close. Method get the job done no matter what.they learned their mistake when they lost in Highmaul but now, they are kicking ass all day.
    Lmao

/10chars

Deleted
    Extra lockout of loot, also killed it raiding only night time hours, missed out on 7 hours of pulls last week and 1 this week due to lockout issues. I'd say the extra time that Paragon had on Archi was more than equal to the extra loot from mannoroth for Method.
    Didn't Method decide to do normal progression raid hours to push for the Archimonde kill? They lost 6 hours total due to lockout issues as per what Sco said in stream.
    The loot that Method gained gives them a numerical advantage, whereas the time Paragon gained from Method's issues didn't help them gear wise, but only to solidify their strategy. Either way, I think the time Method lost to the lockout issue was probably the most severe for this race. I'm super impressed they could make up for the 6 hours they lost.

I don't buy into the "they're leagues a part!". This race was much closer than some people make it out to be

Didn't Method decide to do normal progression raid hours to push for the Archimonde kill? They lost 6 hours total due to lockout issues as per what Sco said in stream.
    The loot that Method gained gives them a numerical advantage, whereas the time Paragon gained from Method's issues didn't help them gear wise, but only to solidify their strategy. Either way, I think the time Method lost to the lockout issue was probably the most severe for this race. I'm super impressed they could make up for the 6 hours they lost.

I don't buy into the "they're leagues a part!". This race was much closer than some people make it out to be
    Oh it definitely was a close race, anyone who says it wasnt is delusional. I don't think they're leagues apart but I do think Method is a better team, thats why I picked up 100k off of my buddy from the race! They're close, but even the hesitant or people who dont really like Method have to see how powerful their team is.

the fact they were the only guild to go 12/13 one reset shows how far apart the other guilds are.

Pretty sure people were saying that paragon weren't doing any archimonde pulls while method were locked out.

Anyway it can never be just "Method Won" or "Paragon Won" it has to have a but or an and added to the end.

I mean if we want to go into it we can start talking about the english speaking population of europe vs the finnish speaking population and say paragon only loses cause less player base etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by Sheridanjohn View Post
    Pretty sure people were saying that paragon weren't doing any archimonde pulls while method were locked out.

Anyway it can never be just "Method Won" or "Paragon Won" it has to have a but or an and added to the end.

I mean if we want to go into it we can start talking about the english speaking population of europe vs the finnish speaking population and say paragon only loses cause less player base etc etc
    Thats a Paragon issue, its the nature of restricting your recruitment to a language fewer people speak. To ever use that as a defense is laughable, it is their rules, set by them. No one but themselves are to blame if they lose as a result.

I find it unlikely most of their players cannot speak English at least relatively well but they want a Finnish speaking team. Nature of the beast.

Thats a Paragon issue, its the nature of restricting your recruitment to a language fewer people speak. To ever use that as a defense is laughable, it is their rules, set by them. No one but themselves are to blame if they lose as a result.

I find it unlikely most of their players cannot speak English at least relatively well but they want a Finnish speaking team. Nature of the beast.
    What i am saying is that there doesn't have to be all these added clauses on the end of the "Method Won" statement, i was pointing out that we can nit pick any detail but there really is no point, hence choosing a point no one would actually bring up.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheridanjohn View Post
    What i am saying is that there doesn't have to be all these added clauses on the end of the "Method Won" statement, i was pointing out that we can nit pick any detail but there really is no point, hence choosing a point no one would actually bring up.
    Fair enough.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    The game appears to have 6% of the popularity it had in WotLC (according to Google Trends) so they practically have roughly 17 times less competition. That means 5-6 years ago they would 17 other "Paragons" to compete with. What would be their chances?
    Sorry, what? You use google trends as a proxy for top-end progression guilds? Sorry what? And the every top guild == paragon thing. Seriously?
    Manaflask has a nice overview of world firsts http://manaflask.com/en/articles/fea...f-world-firsts and you can see how there were always periods of predominance. If Method continues it may be for many reasons but not because google trends show a decline.. the entire assumption that wow popularity and top end progression are causally related can't be proven either.

Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    Pizza is 2 and a half times as popular now compared to back in 2004(according to Google Trends). So it is 2 and a half times as tasty right?