Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bouletos View Post
    I can count up to 31 with one hand if i count in binaries !
    You can go up to 32767 if you adds binaries to using phalanges!

Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    You have to take into account the illegal economy of wow was not that developed back then. Nowadays tons of accounts exist solely for the exchange of illegal services from shady forums. Also, various people nowadays have more accounts, 2 or 3 for playing the auction house, and their ages are higher.

Vanilla and TBC and to some extend WotLK were still that pure game when most people had 1 account, max 2 or 3 alts if at all, and most shady deals were a minority.

edit: Also, we have no idea if Blizzard is lying. They would have a benefit. Google wouldn't.
    You have your facts a little off. Maybe in vanilla there weren't a lot of shady accounts, but I know for a fact there were loads of gold farming and other bot accounts all the way back to BC(Hell there is even a song about it, go look up Ni Hao). Back then blizz also didn't do near as good a job as removing the shady accounts as they do now. Likewise the illegal wow economy took a huge hit when gold farming became illegal in china(it used to be legal).

Likewise, I know of a few multi boxing accounts, but I don't know of anyone who actually has multiple accounts besides that(and multi boxing is rare, I only know of one on my server, and not personally). I do, however, know of a couple of families that used to have multiple accounts, but have since reduced down to one account.

And what would you gain from having multiple accounts to play the AH? You can play it just as easily on one account.
    Quote Originally Posted by Histidine View Post
    WoW is great.
    Not sure what game people are playing; I love the way things are.
    What bosses will be in the Deathwing Raid?
    Quote Originally Posted by MauroDiogo View Post
    Leg 1, Leg 2, Hind Legs is a duo boss fight, Wings, Tail, Head and last Heroic mode only boss is his Chin. Totally optional and only for those hardcore enough. It's jaw dropping!

Googletrends, that's a new one!

10+ Year Old Account
    When Paragon and Ensidia were getting world firsts, it was impressive.

11 mil people playing the game.

Now there's only 5 mil and a lot of the best guilds have quit so it's really not that impressive what Method is doing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Joodoc View Post
    You have your facts a little off. Maybe in vanilla there weren't a lot of shady accounts, but I know for a fact there were loads of gold farming and other bot accounts all the way back to BC

Who told you there weren't? I said they were fewer. Also a lot of players nowadays have more than 1 account since we all know until WotLK most players were still into the "my main and maybe a couple of alts" thing.

In general you have to look at the big picture: Around mid-TBC and until mid-WotLK WoW got an explosion of new players to its population. Those players were both playing it from legit and single accounts.

Nowadays we have a situation that most players are old, they have moved to tens of alts and possibly 2 or 3 accounts and the establishment of illegal accounts has matured and it can always be subbed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    When Paragon and Ensidia were getting world firsts, it was impressive.

11 mil people playing the game.

Now there's only 5 mil and a lot of the best guilds have quit so it's really not that impressive what Method is doing.
    The loss of subscribers hasn't affected world 1st races in any way shape or form... losing millions of casuals that never step foot into end game content anyway doesn't change things.... if you look around at who is the cream of the crop, most of them have been playing for years, have roots and ties to original Vanilla and BC powerhouse guilds... the casuals have left the game, who knows how many banned accounts and illegal gold farm accounts influence those numbers too.... none of that has really hurt the top of the top.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pvpimpin View Post
    The loss of subscribers hasn't affected world 1st races in any way shape or form... losing millions of casuals that never step foot into end game content anyway doesn't change things.... if you look around at who is the cream of the crop, most of them have been playing for years, have roots and ties to original Vanilla and BC powerhouse guilds... the casuals have left the game, who knows how many banned accounts and illegal gold farm accounts influence those numbers too.... none of that has really hurt the top of the top.
    If you look at the WoWprogress numbers it's clear it has. I remember so many guilds who were top tier or near the top tier in WoTLK.
    In Warlords there are two guilds who can be considered top tier or even close to top tier.

Deleted
    If you look at the WoWprogress numbers it's clear it has. I remember so many guilds who were top tier or near the top tier in WoTLK.
    In Warlords there are two guilds who can be considered top tier or even close to top tier.
    What does top tier mean? competing for world 1st? No, everyone was miles behind just like they are today.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flow1 View Post
    What does top tier mean? competing for world 1st? No, everyone was miles behind just like they are today.

For heroic LK

Paragon (25) EU-Lightning's Blade 12/12 (H) 26115.00
    2 For the Horde (25) EU (DE)-Nazjatar 12/12 (H) 25435.74
    3 Ensidia (25) EU-Tarren Mill 12/12 (H) 25435.74
    4 In extremis KR-Norgannon 12/12 (H) 25041.67
    5 The Zenith Clan (25) KR-Tirion 12/12 (H) 25041.67
    6 Stars (25)

For Ulduar

1 Ensidia (25) EU-Tarren Mill
    2 Stars (25) TW-Crystalpine Stinger
    3 Premonition (25) US-Sen'Jin
    4 Paragon (25) EU-Lightning's Blade
    5 Method (25) EU-Xavius
    6 Inner Sanctum EU-Silvermoon

_______

See how big the change is from tier to tier. So many guilds who were playing at an elite level as opposed to now.

Deleted
    For heroic LK

Paragon (25) EU-Lightning's Blade 12/12 (H) 26115.00
    2 For the Horde (25) EU (DE)-Nazjatar 12/12 (H) 25435.74
    3 Ensidia (25) EU-Tarren Mill 12/12 (H) 25435.74
    4 In extremis KR-Norgannon 12/12 (H) 25041.67
    5 The Zenith Clan (25) KR-Tirion 12/12 (H) 25041.67
    6 Stars (25)

For Ulduar

1 Ensidia (25) EU-Tarren Mill
    2 Stars (25) TW-Crystalpine Stinger
    3 Premonition (25) US-Sen'Jin
    4 Paragon (25) EU-Lightning's Blade
    5 Method (25) EU-Xavius
    6 Inner Sanctum EU-Silvermoon

_______

See how big the change is from tier to tier. So many guilds who were playing at an elite level as opposed to now.
    Competing back in Wotlk was nothing compared to what it is today, you didn't run +5 split runs to funnel gear. You used an alt raid for limited attempt bosses but that's it.

10+ Year Old Account
    The top end raiding scene has dwindled. Even on my server.

A mediocre guild in WOTLK is all of a sudden one of the better guilds now because so many top guilds have quit.

Deleted
    The top end raiding scene has dwindled. Even on my server.

A mediocre guild in WOTLK is all of a sudden one of the better guilds now because so many top guilds have quit.
    Do you not realise how many years ago Wrath was? That guild almost certainly comprises of nearly entirely different players these days.